or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Netflix instant movie suggestions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Netflix instant movie suggestions - Page 11

post #151 of 382
I just watched I saw the devil. Choi min shik is wow. This man will be a legend in time if not already. Comparison to Anthony Hopkins hannibal lecter is not unwarranted. So much charisma he steals every scene. The movie was excruciatingly long tho and I must've looked up at the clock several times. The highlights were CMS, the absurdity of it all (very reminiscent of good bad weird esp cannibals), and the martial arts. Maybe worth sitting through idiotic characters, boring main character, and predictable plot. Man from nowhere was entertaining but not a great movie. Boring protagonist, cheesy scenes with one annoying kid, the fight scenes were fun to watch, but so unrealistically flashy. Both good movies. Not old boy great. Maybe lady vengeance good I want to continue on Korean movie streak and watch mother next.
post #152 of 382
Watch Chaser. IMO its a much better film than both man from nowehere (which i did not really like) and I saw the devil (which i I liked).
post #153 of 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoKnewI View Post
Watch Chaser. IMO its a much better film than both man from nowehere (which i did not really like) and I saw the devil (which i I liked).

Chaser is a good movie too. Just a movie a without hope.
post #154 of 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoKnewI View Post
Watch Chaser. IMO its a much better film than both man from nowehere (which i did not really like) and I saw the devil (which i I liked).
I thought chaser was a great film but overshadowed by similarly themed and older memories of murder. South Korean films used to suck, and a good majority still do, so much that they needed anti competitive laws against foreign films, but imo they're good enough now that competition can only improve the quality and eventually sales
post #155 of 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post
I thought chaser was a great film but overshadowed by similarly themed and older memories of murder.

South Korean films used to suck, and a good majority still do, so much that they needed anti competitive laws against foreign films, but imo they're good enough now that competition can only improve the quality and eventually sales

I hear Oldboy may be getting a US remake, directed by Spike Lee; that should bring even more recognition to Koran movies.
post #156 of 382
There were some cool scenes in Old Boy but I don't see all the hype.
post #157 of 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joffrey View Post
Though new to Netflix instant stream, I found little value in it until I found TV shows worth catching up with. I've watched very little cable since discovering Dexter and Intelligence about two weeks ago.

Netflix is now breaking up the streaming part and the DVD rental part into 2 separate subscriptions. Hope this is not the start of regular price increases in the future.
post #158 of 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarim View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoffreyView Post
Though new to Netflix instant stream, I found little value in it until I found TV shows worth catching up with. I've watched very little cable since discovering Dexter and Intelligence about two weeks ago.

Netflix is now breaking up the streaming part and the DVD rental part into 2 separate subscriptions. Hope this is not the start of regular price increases in the future.

Yeah, I'm definitely not a fan of the price increase without the increase in their streaming library. They're definitely trying to get people off of DVDs and into streaming but it's a little unfortunate considering the price increase comes with no value add (or so it seems today).
post #159 of 382
^I agree, I am probably going to drop the DVD's and just use RedBox.
post #160 of 382

If you guys want to much a more realistically styled martial arts movie, try Ip Man. Sure, the name kinda sucks, but the fighting is damned good!

post #161 of 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristina7 View Post


Yeah, I'm definitely not a fan of the price increase without the increase in their streaming library. They're definitely trying to get people off of DVDs and into streaming but it's a little unfortunate considering the price increase comes with no value add (or so it seems today).

I think Netflix has to forcibly move more people in streaming to expand the subscriber base to use as leverage when negotiating with studios which would improve then improve the library. It's the Studios that are limiting their streaming library as they see it as an existential threat to other forms of Video on Demand, plus the studios don't want Netflix to have pricing power like Apple has with Itunes.
post #162 of 382
Time to cancel. 60% price increase on top of the terrible streaming selection, 30 day delay on new releases, and the single Blu-Ray in my queue 13 Assassins having a very long wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gort View Post

Netflix Instant now has the entire x-men cartoon from the early 90's!

LOL.

As a kid I missed half the episodes from sleeping in on Saturday so I was pretty psyched about this. Got halfway through the first episode before shutting it off. I guess you can't go back.
post #163 of 382
Sin Nombre, I thought this movie was pretty awesome.
post #164 of 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJ View Post

Time to cancel. 60% price increase on top of the terrible streaming selection, 30 day delay on new releases, and the single Blu-Ray in my queue 13 Assassins having a very long wait.

Agreed. I didn't find anything interesting on their streaming I wanted to watch, so I'm going to their DVD-only subscription.
post #165 of 382
I had knee surgery last week and can't do anything so Netflix streaming has been a godsend. I've watched a lot of stuff so far and really enjoyed "Exit Through the Gift Shop" and "Harry Brown."

Let's keep the suggestions coming guys!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Netflix instant movie suggestions