or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Incredible portion size at Burger King
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Incredible portion size at Burger King - Page 2

post #16 of 38
Burger King and Carls Jr (Hardees?) are marketing toward the anti-anti-fast food group.Theyre saying "fast food is trying to be healthy? Screw that, we're going bigger and manlier!" At least they are embracing their fast foodiness. Hence we have quad stacked meat and double six dollar burgers.

Me? Most of the time I just want something in between a McDonalds cheeseburger and quarter pounder w/ cheese... really annoying when a kids meal leaves me achingly hungry and a normal combo makes me feel ill. A plain wendy's burger is just right for me.
post #17 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by alflauren
Case in point:



That said, I think the Whopper is actually pretty good for a fast food item, as are some of the Wendy's food items. (And I happen to have a soft spot for that Arby's roast beef...) But if you want to try and eat healthy at a fast food place, that's more of an option now than it ever was. The main customer still remains though: people who aren't calorie counters who want something greasy and tasty. That's why these places are still around and not going away.
BK is BK, but Arby's? Mmmmm....
post #18 of 38
At least they're giving you bang-for-the-buck. At McDonalds they've started giving you a sliver of chicken on a bun for $4.50.
post #19 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_44106
My family stopped by a Burger King today, and I found out they are offering a "Quad-stacker," which is a burger with 4 beef patties and 4 slices of cheese.

I had one of those a few weeks ago. Talk about a manly burger, surprisingly it sat well in my stomach and I didnt feel as bad as I thought I would. But once was enough.
post #20 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Well, I certainly think moderation is the key and do not find 3X/month too much. Back when I was young, single, and have higher metabolism, excessive calorie was not much of a problem.

Now, with a family and an expecting wife, convenience sometimes overrides attempts at eating healthy.

As I stated in the original post, I forego dinner after I indulge in a triple whopper, and a VERY delicious one at that. I maintain my BMI at around 26.

Fair enough, but if you're going to eat something that's terrible for you, why not indulge in something worthwhile by going to a steakhouse or eat an entire seared foie gras? I definately love some very fattening and terrible foods, but none of them come from McDonalds or any of that. That stuff is just plain crap, but if you're still healthy then what can I say.
post #21 of 38
Stop by In & Out and order a 5x5, you'll never be happier shortening your life span.
post #22 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violinist
Fair enough, but if you're going to eat something that's terrible for you, why not indulge in something worthwhile by going to a steakhouse or eat an entire seared foie gras? I definately love some very fattening and terrible foods, but none of them come from McDonalds or any of that. That stuff is just plain crap, but if you're still healthy then what can I say.

I do indulge in 36oz steaks, once in a while. A whole seared foie gras would be much too expensive, but the idea sounds great!
post #23 of 38
In-n-Out; double-double, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, 6x6, 10x10, 20x20
post #24 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violinist
Fair enough, but if you're going to eat something that's terrible for you, why not indulge in something worthwhile by going to a steakhouse or eat an entire seared foie gras? I definately love some very fattening and terrible foods, but none of them come from McDonalds or any of that. That stuff is just plain crap, but if you're still healthy then what can I say.

The obvious answer is that going to a fast food joint is much quicker, cheaper, convenient in that it's easier to find one nearby and have it be open, and doesn't require all the pomp, pretention, and making dinner an event that usually accompanies fine dining. If I could go get drive-thru filet mignon (I find fois gras gross, though) at 4 am after getting off work without destroying my wallet, I'd jump at the chance, but since that's not going to happen, I can deal with fast food just fine.
post #25 of 38
in the whole of Hong Kong and that's at the international airport, and it's beyond the departure area. I always make a point of having a double whopper with cheese whenever I fly out, but this time, since I'm going to NYC, perhaps I'll forgo it. But then what else? Chinese food? At the airport?
post #26 of 38
You will find that American fast food proportions are grossly oversized compared to even those produced by the same franschaises located in Canada. Here in Vancouver for instance, a burger would be pint-sized compared to something I would get in Cali.

Shouldn't we brag about our daily intake of fois-gras and truffles instead?
post #27 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violinist
Fair enough, but if you're going to eat something that's terrible for you, why not indulge in something worthwhile by going to a steakhouse or eat an entire seared foie gras? I definately love some very fattening and terrible foods, but none of them come from McDonalds or any of that. That stuff is just plain crap, but if you're still healthy then what can I say.

Have you ever had a 3x3, animal style, at In'n'Out, washed down with a Vanilla shake so thick you need to wait 10 minutes in the LA sun to drink it? Pretty tasty. Don't get me wrong, I could really go for a Porterhouse with Gorgonzola butter right now, but it's a different experience altogether. Fast food can be really, really tasty.
post #28 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Have you ever had a 3x3, animal style, at In'n'Out, washed down with a Vanilla shake so thick you need to wait 10 minutes in the LA sun to drink it? Pretty tasty. Don't get me wrong, I could really go for a Porterhouse with Gorgonzola butter right now, but it's a different experience altogether. Fast food can be really, really tasty.
I completely agree. That's why I feel like stabbing people who think In'n'out is just "ok." The quality/taste is by far better than more expensive burgers I've had at sit-down places. They are simply the kings of fast food.
post #29 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by alflauren
Case in point:



That said, I think the Whopper is actually pretty good for a fast food item, as are some of the Wendy's food items. (And I happen to have a soft spot for that Arby's roast beef...) But if you want to try and eat healthy at a fast food place, that's more of an option now than it ever was. The main customer still remains though: people who aren't calorie counters who want something greasy and tasty. That's why these places are still around and not going away.

If the McRib sandwhich is wrong then I dont want to be right!
post #30 of 38
even though I know that it's this kind of thing that is killing America, it's hard to resist more meat
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Incredible portion size at Burger King