or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Mafoofan struggles to buy breast wallet at Hermes . . . arises victorious!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mafoofan struggles to buy breast wallet at Hermes . . . arises victorious! - Page 64

post #946 of 1786
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktrp View Post
It seems like tPH members are catty on this thread, but I'd like to see links to catfighting on their forum.

Mostly what I saw was pictures of wrapped up objects, the squealing, and some smiley that appeared to be doing a hysterical dance, and then a photo of the partially revealed item coming out of the bag, and more squealing, and finally a bag in a (maybe) nice colour, and much discussion of how much the woman deserved it.

I thought that was quite interesting and different from the normal SF practice, where someone posts themselves in their new bespoke suit, and the next few posts go from a polite inquiry as to whether the tailor was instructed to make the poster look like a gorilla on stilts to flat declarations that the clothing shown should probably be burned. In fact, SF really could use a smiley face of someone burning a fused, ill-fitting suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gong Tao View Post
It's interesting that their forum is all positive and supportive- obviously the very tough criticism we level at each other would be totally unacceptable there- but once they come over here, the knives come out.

KTRP-Fortunately, I learned long ago the delicate balance of ingesting liquid refreshment while reading forums, thus preventing tonight's beer from being sprayed all over the screen. Thanks for brightening up my evening.

GONG - The Hermes police (AKA mods) simply delete any posts/threads which don't kiss sufficient amount of ass. However here, reality can be spoken, people like it or don't and then move on. Refreshing. It reminds me why I used to hang out with the guys more than the girls.
post #947 of 1786
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliette2000 View Post

GONG - The Hermes police (AKA mods) simply delete any posts/threads which don't kiss sufficient amount of ass. However here, reality can be spoken, people like it or don't and then move on. Refreshing. It reminds me why I used to hang out with the guys more than the girls.

This is quotable. There is a lot of debate going on about the appropriate level of moderator control so it is great to hear this viewpoint.
post #948 of 1786
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliette2000 View Post
KTRP-Fortunately, I learned long ago the delicate balance of ingesting liquid refreshment while reading forums, thus preventing tonight's beer from being sprayed all over the screen. Thanks for brightening up my evening.

GONG - The Hermes police (AKA mods) simply delete any posts/threads which don't kiss sufficient amount of ass. However here, reality can be spoken, people like it or don't and then move on. Refreshing. It reminds me why I used to hang out with the guys more than the girls.

I also noticed that any posts containing links were edited out by the mods. This seems to be in stark contrast with SF, where pretty much anything goes (well, except for NSFW stuff outside of Dumb Threads).

Speaking of which, does tPF have a Dumb Threads section?
post #949 of 1786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter View Post
This is quotable. There is a lot of debate going on about the appropriate level of moderator control so it is great to hear this viewpoint.

The only other category of forums I've participated in for any length of time are political forums. You can imagine the level of moderating that might be needed in such a forum - the discussion of politics and religion can become extremely heated, obviously - however, the moderating at tPF is far more trigger-happy and based on emotions, not rational thought. Brings back memories of junior high. I enjoy the fact that members here can tell each other that they are full of shit or can give an opinion about Hermes that isn't regurgitated propaganda without someone immediately whining for their mommy
post #950 of 1786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlin View Post
I also noticed that any posts containing links were edited out by the mods. This seems to be in stark contrast with SF, where pretty much anything goes (well, except for NSFW stuff outside of Dumb Threads).

Speaking of which, does tPF have a Dumb Threads section?

True about the links. While it is okay to ridicule other forums (and the members therein), somehow links to the forums being discussed are verboten. Perhaps part of the attempt to pretend that there are no other 'style' forums in existence?

I need to check out Dumb Threads before I can answer your last question (I've been lingering in the wine threads and also getting an education on sous vide...I need to keep reading and branch out), but I suspect the answer is 'no'.
post #951 of 1786
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliette2000 View Post
The only other category of forums I've participated in for any length of time are political forums. You can imagine the level of moderating that might be needed in such a forum - the discussion of politics and religion can become extremely heated, obviously - however, the moderating at tPF is far more trigger-happy and based on emotions, not rational thought. Brings back memories of junior high. I enjoy the fact that members here can tell each other that they are full of shit or can give an opinion about Hermes that isn't regurgitated propaganda without someone immediately whining for their mommy

We have our own politics sub-forum called "Current Events, Power and Money". There be dragons.
post #952 of 1786
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliette2000 View Post
The only other category of forums I've participated in for any length of time are political forums. You can imagine the level of moderating that might be needed in such a forum - the discussion of politics and religion can become extremely heated, obviously - however, the moderating at tPF is far more trigger-happy and based on emotions, not rational thought. Brings back memories of junior high. I enjoy the fact that members here can tell each other that they are full of shit or can give an opinion about Hermes that isn't regurgitated propaganda without someone immediately whining for their mommy

We have our share of mommy whiners but to their great credit the Mods generally ignore them.
post #953 of 1786
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliette2000 View Post
True about the links. While it is okay to ridicule other forums (and the members therein), somehow links to the forums being discussed are verboten. Perhaps part of the attempt to pretend that there are no other 'style' forums in existence?

I need to check out Dumb Threads before I can answer your last question (I've been lingering in the wine threads and also getting an education on sous vide...I need to keep reading and branch out), but I suspect the answer is 'no'.



Why do mods edit out links to other sides but i keep seeing ads linked to normal words?
post #954 of 1786
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_del View Post
So, you place this inside your Birkin and then place all your stuff inside it and if the next day you want to use your other Birkin, you take this out and put this in the other Birkin ? Am I understanding this right ?

So basically the Birkin is the outer shell and this is the inner container ?

Yes, that is pretty much what it is. lol. A Birkin is a tote bag. Without some sort of purse orgainser placed inside; it's not always easy to find the various items we women carry in our handbags.

Of course there are a multitude of purse organisers in the marketplace; but I wasn't content with a cheesy looking nylon version, so I decided to design one to have crafted from beautiful Hermes leather.
It also makes it very easy to transfer contents from purse to purse.

I really have no business injecting myself in to a men's forum; but I noticed this thread, and wanted to let the OP know that Hermes does indeed make breast wallets.
Then yesterday my long awaited bespoke Hermes items arrived, and I couldn't resist showing it off.
post #955 of 1786
^^ Why no buy a small Birking or another Hermes rather than buying a tote and then getting a bespoke purse organiser to use it ? Would you mind sharing how much the bespoke organiser cost ?
post #956 of 1786
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheduchessofH View Post
Yes, that is pretty much what it is. lol. A Birkin is a tote bag. Without some sort of purse orgainser placed inside; it's not always easy to find the various items we women carry in our handbags.

Of course there are a multitude of purse organisers in the marketplace; but I couldn't brag about how rich I am with a cheesy looking nylon version, so I decided to design one to have crafted from beautiful Hermes leather.
It also makes it very easy to transfer contents from purse to purse.

I really have no business injecting myself in to a men's forum; but I noticed this thread, and wanted to let the OP know that Hermes does indeed make breast wallets.
Then yesterday my long awaited bespoke Hermes items arrived, and I couldn't resist showing it off.

FTFY
post #957 of 1786
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheduchessofH View Post
Yes, that is pretty much what it is. lol. A Birkin is a tote bag. Without some sort of purse orgainser placed inside; it's not always easy to find the various items we women carry in our handbags.

Of course there are a multitude of purse organisers in the marketplace; but I wasn't content with a cheesy looking nylon version, so I decided to design one to have crafted from beautiful Hermes leather.
It also makes it very easy to transfer contents from purse to purse.

I really have no business injecting myself in to a men's forum; but I noticed this thread, and wanted to let the OP know that Hermes does indeed make breast wallets.
Then yesterday my long awaited bespoke Hermes items arrived, and I couldn't resist showing it off.

Have you considered getting a toy poodle and carrying one inside your Birkin, thereby making you a Poodle Mommy? I hear it's all the rage these days.
post #958 of 1786
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliette2000 View Post
I need to check out Dumb Threads before I can answer your last question (I've been lingering in the wine threads and also getting an education on sous vide...I need to keep reading and branch out), but I suspect the answer is 'no'.

Well? Awaiting your arrival!



(These are some awesome emoticons)
post #959 of 1786
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliette2000 View Post
True about the links. While it is okay to ridicule other forums (and the members therein), somehow links to the forums being discussed are verboten. Perhaps part of the attempt to pretend that there are no other 'style' forums in existence? I need to check out Dumb Threads before I can answer your last question (I've been lingering in the wine threads and also getting an education on sous vide...I need to keep reading and branch out), but I suspect the answer is 'no'.
Dumb Threads, for your benefit. If you are in need of additional entertainment, you should look up one of our illustrious former members by the name of Manouche.
post #960 of 1786
My GF is obsessed with all this Luxury goods exclusivity crap.

Id still take my Tanner goods wallet over my Hermes wallet in the long run, I like my luxury goods made in Amurica, with the knowledge that the wallet will still be function probably long after I die.

differnt strokes for differnt folks I guess. I still think that being able to hold the quality in your hand instead of having faith in a label is a much more admirable use of resources.

Too much SW&D... Not balla enough for MC

Edit: My Girlfriend has matching Burberry trenchcoats for her and her Dog. I Believe myself to be an expert in dealing with "that kind of person"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Mafoofan struggles to buy breast wallet at Hermes . . . arises victorious!