or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Mafoofan struggles to buy breast wallet at Hermes . . . arises victorious!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mafoofan struggles to buy breast wallet at Hermes . . . arises victorious! - Page 119

post #1771 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomethingsFishy View Post

Am I the only one who thinks the name "Valextra" is ridiculous? It sounds like a goddamn pill for erectile dysfunction. 

I guess it does sound that way...if you have erectile dysfunction on the brain...you got e.d. bro'?

post #1772 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celadon View Post

Apparently Oprah Winfrey was denied a closer look at a bag in a store in Zurich whose name she "will not mention". Does Hermès have a store in Zurich?

The CNN reporter named the store, though it wasn't Hermes. However, given the stories I've heard about what a diva she is in a retail setting, I have not an ounce of sympathy.

I heard (perhaps on here?) that she threw a tantrum when Hermes in Chicago refused to open early for her and someone else told me a tale of her throwing a tantrum when a Chicago luxury car dealer refused to sell her a car for half price because she's Oprah, a situation which escalated to the owner coming down and informing her that he wouldn't sell her a car at any price and she was no longer welcome at the dealership (no idea if either is true).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomethingsFishy View Post

Am I the only one who thinks the name "Valextra" is ridiculous? It sounds like a goddamn pill for erectile dysfunction. 

It doesn't sound like a scientific/medical word, but it also doesn't sound particularly Italian. More Swiss, but I suppose I think that because Valextra and Rolex are the only two luxury brands I know with the hard "X" sound in them.
post #1773 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomethingsFishy View Post

Am I the only one who thinks the name "Valextra" is ridiculous? It sounds like a goddamn pill for erectile dysfunction. 

It is almost an anagram for Valtrex, which is a herpes medication.
post #1774 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimelesStyle View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celadon View Post

Apparently Oprah Winfrey was denied a closer look at a bag in a store in Zurich whose name she "will not mention". Does Hermès have a store in Zurich?

The CNN reporter named the store, though it wasn't Hermes. However, given the stories I've heard about what a diva she is in a retail setting, I have not an ounce of sympathy.

I heard (perhaps on here?) that she threw a tantrum when Hermes in Chicago refused to open early for her and someone else told me a tale of her throwing a tantrum when a Chicago luxury car dealer refused to sell her a car for half price because she's Oprah, a situation which escalated to the owner coming down and informing her that he wouldn't sell her a car at any price and she was no longer welcome at the dealership (no idea if either is true).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomethingsFishy View Post

Am I the only one who thinks the name "Valextra" is ridiculous? It sounds like a goddamn pill for erectile dysfunction. 

It doesn't sound like a scientific/medical word, but it also doesn't sound particularly Italian. More Swiss, but I suppose I think that because Valextra and Rolex are the only two luxury brands I know with the hard "X" sound in them.

To save unnecessary exposure to CNN, can you name the store?
post #1775 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyMac View Post

I guess it does sound that way...if you have erectile dysfunction on the brain...you got e.d. bro'?

Why you asking? Wanna help him solve that issue?
post #1776 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM79 View Post


Why you asking? Wanna help him solve that issue?

No, but it's a little odd that you went in that direction...I'm not calling you a queer. I'm just saying that it's odd

 

lurker[1].gif

post #1777 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyMac View Post

No, but it's a little odd that you went in that direction...I'm not calling you a queer. I'm just saying that it's odd

lurker%5B1%5D.gif

Says the dude who asked a guy on the internet how his penis is doing ...

lurker[1].gif
post #1778 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM79 View Post


Says the dude who asked a guy on the internet how his penis is doing ...

lurker[1].gif

He asked a question involving e.d. I mentioned e.d. You suggested a sexual favor. I guess that's the natural progression for some people...again, not suggesting anything.

post #1779 of 1785
According with the "El Pais" the store name is TROIS POMMES
post #1780 of 1785
This thread shouldn't be dead. Just saying..
post #1781 of 1785
Foo threads never die. They just sleep, like Arthur.
post #1782 of 1785
worship2.giffoo.gif
post #1783 of 1785
I haven't been on for a while but is he still around? One of the reasons I left is that it was not as entertaining without him.

satisfied.gif
post #1784 of 1785
He's abandoned MC/CM in Voxxian fashion but stays busy in Fine Living.
post #1785 of 1785
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Mafoofan struggles to buy breast wallet at Hermes . . . arises victorious!