or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Mafoofan struggles to buy breast wallet at Hermes . . . arises victorious!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mafoofan struggles to buy breast wallet at Hermes . . . arises victorious! - Page 77

post #1141 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by academe View Post
I'm guessing this was the RA house tweed that you have in brown/tan (with matching cushions)?
The cushions are in lovat ... the color in which I ordered the coat. Later I began to have second thoughts given the number of lovat colored coats I have. I was very pleasantly surprised when the color was biscuit as they call it at RA. That said, they did offer to remake the coat ... but I was thrilled with it the way it was.
post #1142 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
I understand that there are limitations, but someone in the store should be able to explain them--particularly since the men's shop is being touted as a bespoke atelier.
One would think.
post #1143 of 1785
..
post #1144 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliette2000 View Post
Oh, that's not where I saw them.

And the 'owner' made clear they actually had them on hand.

So...you own the same, but don't actually have them? Such a sad re-run.

I may not be aware of all that you are not...but I am aware of some of what you are.

I've made my point and you knew it and I'm done with this conversation

BTW....just mentioning/posting about MT does NOT get one banned from tPF.

Being MT and constantly creating new screen names...well now...that's a different ball game with the admin there.

I also saw my 'Mobiles' posted on an advisory blog, for the purse forum. I personally commented on it, since they posted my photos without permission.
I posted as myself, and my blog, avatar is on the posts.

If you saw them posted on The Purse Forum, they were also posted there without my permission.
I don't know how to watermark my photos; but obviously it's something I need to learn.
It matters not that you believe that I'm not the designer and owner of these bespoke items. I am, and that's a fact.

I never said that mentioning Michael Tonello will get one banned. I said it isn't allowed. If you post his name it gets ****** out. That's a fact.

I apologised for not getting, your humour.

I'm surprised you feel the need to attack me for it.
This is the type of thing that goes on at the Purse Forum, and it's not funny.

I agree to disagree, and leave it at that.

Cheers,
Donna
post #1145 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheduchessofH View Post
I agree to disagree, and leave it at that


Please don't. It only took 75+ pages for this threak to get good.
post #1146 of 1785
This threak inspired me to check out the MC2 Fleming portefeuille a few days ago and compare with the Valextra travel wallet posted by PG. The Hermes is slightly more compact, and I prefer its interior layout to that of the Valextra. Leather quality and workmanship were similar, to my untrained eye. No dark green available; the only piece they had was a versatile graphite which would work with my wardrobe. The Hermes runs at a 50% premium to the Valextra, for those who are wondering.

I'm actually considering the Hermes despite this epic thread. It's a very well-constructed wallet, but to be honest I don't quite understand the worship of the brand...
post #1147 of 1785
Medtech you will love the Hermes Evergrain leather. It's my favourite leather, and I'm pretty picky when it comes to Hermes. It's very iridescent and the scratches just blend in when you rub them with your fingers. It's not at all bulky, and although the colours for Evergrain are limited, there is a new dark green called Laurier.
You may want to inquire at the New York store, since they receive one of everything Hermes offers each season.
post #1148 of 1785
Straight talk - this is why SF needs subfora devoted to women's style & fashion. The influx of estrogen into this thread has resulted in a diversity of opinions and discussion in this particular thread that is more interesting than anything I've read on SF in a year.
post #1149 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post
scarves aren't made in house? are the ties?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advent View Post
I think you should tell us who makes Hermes scarves; never mind "them".
I don't have personal experience, but from what I have read on this forum, and I would consider the sources reliable, the Hermes cashmere scarves were/are manufactured by Begg of Scotland ( Alex Begg or Begg of Ayr are other names you can find for the same company ) . I have also read some posts that they have used Colombo, an italian company, for cashmere scarves again. For silk scarves I don't know/haven't read anything relevant. Maybe other members would like to say something about the above info or add more juicy details?
post #1150 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreco View Post
Straight talk - this is why SF needs subfora devoted to women's style & fashion. The influx of estrogen into this thread has resulted in a diversity of opinions and discussion in this particular thread that is more interesting than anything I've read on SF in a year.

troof.

Fok please comment!
post #1151 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreco View Post
Straight talk - this is why SF needs subfora devoted to women's style & fashion. The influx of estrogen into this thread has resulted in a diversity of opinions and discussion in this particular thread that is more interesting than anything I've read on SF in a year.

not to mention the endless potential for threaks inspired by "helpful" PMs sent with ulterior motives. i'm in full support.
post #1152 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me. View Post
not to mention the endless potential for threaks inspired by "helpful" PMs sent with ulterior motives. i'm in full support.

because of my relative lack of attention paid to SF this year, I don't know what this is in reference to.
post #1153 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreco View Post
because of my relative lack of attention paid to SF this year, I don't know what this is in reference to.

I don't think you need to be on SF to understand his comment.
post #1154 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advent View Post
That's not actually correct because if that were the case I would estimate that more than half of the entire membership would be banned since about half of them have more than one screen name, which means that in effect they are "scam artists".
Additionally, both Megs and Vlad would have to be banned since they aided and abetted that jewelry crook, "japster", recently.

What's quite funny is that if they discover someone has more than one screen name, they just ban the "extra" names, while allowing the rule-breaker to stay with their "orginal" name. Gotta keep up that fiction of how many members there are in order to facilitate the money-making.

Oh...nay, nay....M & V make it very clear that they are not responsible for anything that happens on their forum (even when they are aware of it and do nothing to stop it or, as you say "aid and abet").

Damnit...you sucked me into talking about them again. I must sit on my typing fingers now. Forty lashes for ME.
post #1155 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheduchessofH View Post
I also saw my 'Mobiles' posted on an advisory blog, for the purse forum. I personally commented on it, since they posted my photos without permission.
I posted as myself, and my blog, avatar is on the posts.

If you saw them posted on The Purse Forum, they were also posted there without my permission.
I don't know how to watermark my photos; but obviously it's something I need to learn.
It matters not that you believe that I'm not the designer and owner of these bespoke items. I am, and that's a fact.

I never said that mentioning Michael Tonello will get one banned. I said it isn't allowed. If you post his name it gets ****** out. That's a fact.

I apologised for not getting, your humour.

I'm surprised you feel the need to attack me for it.
This is the type of thing that goes on at the Purse Forum, and it's not funny.

I agree to disagree, and leave it at that.

Cheers,
Donna

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Mafoofan struggles to buy breast wallet at Hermes . . . arises victorious!