or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › What was your starting salary (approx.)?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What was your starting salary (approx.)? - Page 21

post #301 of 474
110k + bonus
post #302 of 474
Made back in 2002 a measly £15,000 ($24,000).

Better then nothing though. I was an actor. Not very good one as that money was all bar work.



http://gentlemansgent.blogspot.com/
post #303 of 474

$65k, 2001, hardware engineer

post #304 of 474

mid-1980's, after I got out of the Army

100k + 2k/month living expenses, IRA, insurance, etc.

another 20k depending on projects and OT

 

I made 14-16k/year in the Army as a Lt

post #305 of 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur PE View Post



I made 14-16k/year in the Army as a Lt

wow.gif
post #306 of 474
Is it bad that I'm 12 years out of college and am still in training without a "real salary"? crazy.gif
post #307 of 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur PE View Post

mid-1980's, after I got out of the Army
100k + 2k/month living expenses, IRA, insurance, etc.
another 20k depending on projects and OT

I made 14-16k/year in the Army as a Lt

Plus as the old cadence goes, they give me 100 and take back 99. wink.gif
post #308 of 474


got an extra $55/month for jumping out of airplanes :D

 

base bay 1100/month

 

and as much slop as I could choke down

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post


Plus as the old cadence goes, they give me 100 and take back 99. wink.gif


 

post #309 of 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

Yeah yeah, 250k.

What did you make fresh out of high school/college? I might get an offer for a job that pays less than what I wanted. Difference is not a ton of money; I was hoping to make about $5k more than what this offer will surely be.

I guess I'm just curious. I will later poast the salary and accept ridicule/criticism.


 

BA: I made $86,000 plus benefits (free two bedroom apartment, health, even a food stipend) a year straight out of undergrad and starting my MBA program.

 

Finished MBA: many and varied job offers that I rejected. Worked for family's businesses at my own place. Never really found a good fit for me, went to law school, which was always my dream.

 

During law school: varied (worked in accountiing, research assistant, and state's attorney's office). 

 

 

Right after law school: zero (0) income. 

 

post #310 of 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoeShopperJ View Post



 
BA: I made $86,000 plus benefits (free two bedroom apartment, health, even a food stipend) a year straight out of undergrad and starting my MBA program.

Finished MBA: many and varied job offers that I rejected. Worked for family's businesses at my own place. Never really found a good fit for me, went to law school, which was always my dream.

During law school: varied (worked in accountiing, research assistant, and state's attorney's office). 


Right after law school: zero (0) income. 

The fuck?
post #311 of 474

~$40k / year installing hard wood floors (1996-2004)

$10 / hour wiring houses for low voltage for 5 months. Then reached out for the sales job, got it, went to 35k base plus commission with bene's. (2004)

$45 base plus commission with bene's working in sales at a datacenter (2007)

None of your business - part owner of the datacenter, part owner of a webhosting company, part owner of a managed service provider (2012)

 

You gotta pay your dues. Keep reaching out and you'll get the job and pay that you want, eventually. 

post #312 of 474

i couldn't get past the first 6 pages, but the result i ended up with is that being a coder for wall street is essentially the best job out there. 

 

post #313 of 474
six dollars and fifty three cents
post #314 of 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerostat View Post

~$40k / year installing hard wood floors (1996-2004)
$10 / hour wiring houses for low voltage for 5 months. Then reached out for the sales job, got it, went to 35k base plus commission with bene's. (2004)
$45 base plus commission with bene's working in sales at a datacenter (2007)
None of your business - part owner of the datacenter, part owner of a webhosting company, part owner of a managed service provider (2012)

You gotta pay your dues. Keep reaching out and you'll get the job and pay that you want, eventually. 

Datacentres have become huge users of office space in TO....it's hella expensive to outfit the buildings to fit their needs & the space is scarce, so they're paying top dollar in rent.
post #315 of 474
To those of you with heavily bonus-weighted income...like having 20-30% or more of your income paid in discretionary bonuses (so not guaranteed things like a bonus if you meet your sales targets or complete XYZ task).

How do you report your income as a whole? I know its best to not assume the bonus income for budgeting things like rent and other fixed expenses but what about for filling out some form or responding to a survey where you need to state a single number for income (like maybe you are applying for a loan or an apartment and the payments fit in your budget but they need an accurate income figure).

Do you just report the base salary or do you factor in an estimated bonus? maybe try to come up with a bare minimum bonus?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Business, Careers & Education
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › What was your starting salary (approx.)?