• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The MBreinin vs. Reevolving Fit Battle Threak

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
ITT MBreinin and Reevolving will post pictures of themselves and let the forum decide who is better, as per a challenge by Reevolving, following this chain of events. Once I have received their submissions, I will add poal. Keep the peace guys.

Originally Posted by Reevolving
In contrast, is MBreinin's golden jacket seems to be a terrible fit.
It is too long by current SF standards,
and is very unflattering to his figure. A pear or bell shape is suggested.
It just looks completely wrong, for reasons I can't describe.

I don't get the fascination with Parker's jacket.
Looks like a $5 Salvation Army jacket.
It looks like he's a teacher or car salesman on a 1972 Brady Bunch episode.
Does anyone actually dress like that?

NODB has a great casual look.
Spoo steps it up a notch, with a perfectly fitting jacket.
Slewfoot looks "vintage". Like he should be in a Jane Austen movie!

Originally Posted by MBreinin
I admit this comment initially gave me some pause. If it had been posted by someone who had demonstrated, through his own posts, even a rudimentary grasp of the concepts of personal style and fit, I would still be concerned. Since it was posted by someone who has demonstrated the exact opposite, I am nonplussed.

Mike

It's too long, and too big. Something is way off, I'm just not good enough to pinpoint it.
Maybe it's the 3 button stance and short lapel giving you a massive torso.
But, don't take my word for it, anyone here can corroborate.
Also, look up "Tu quoque"

The jacket takes away from the fantastic shirt, tie, and shoes.
The green cords are so out of style, they might be back in.
While I'm nitpicking, does anyone else feel the modern pocketsquare print doesn't go with the classic patterns/checks of the rest of the outfit?

That said, I'm willing to go head to head in a photo showdown, and let SF vote.

The jacket is a tad long. That is where it ends. It fits in the chest, the waist, the sleeves are not bunching and the shoulders are perfect. Maybe you are used to seeing me wear jackets that are borderline too small. This one fits. If it were an inch shorter, it would be even better.

The pants were literally purchased new, at retail, last week, they are F/W collection Polo. They are simple wide wale cords, they are never out of style. Now, had I cuffed them with 2 inchers, or wore my Mabitex full nut crushers, maybe you would have an argument.

As far as your adventure in Latin, you have repeatedly demonstrated that you struggle with even the most basic concepts of what fits and what looks good on you, so much that you have become a punchline on SF. Why would I accept your extremely harsh criticism when you have failed to demonstrate even once that you can assemble a good fit, or that you are even in touch with what a good fit is?

You want a "Dance off?" Go ahead, post something you think you look good in. I have 700 pictures of myself I can pick from. I won't even have to put together a new fit.

I don't consider myself an expert in Sartorial matters (far from it, actually). I have received my fair share of criticism, most of it deserved, and I try to take it to heart and make improvements. I draw the line with a blind squirrel who has never found a nut.

Let's also keep in mind that you attacked Parker with the same zeal, and his fit has been universally praised.

Mike

Yet more bad logic.
I didn't say anything about his fit.
Just the nasty pattern

Look, your jacket doesn't fit.
Convince yourself of whatever you want.
It looks bad.
Compare it with SpooPoker's jacket.
They are worlds apart.

No, excellent logic. It shows that you lack the ability to discern what a stylish fit is. I can tell that Parker's fit is very stylish from his pics, I really can't tell how well it actually fits though. I give him the benefit of the doubt because I know his stuff fits. You found it horrendous, because you don't have the most remote concept of what true style is.

Look we can go round and round and round. I have seen your pics. I have seen what you look like. I have even offered constructive criticsim. The simple fact is, you can't dress. While people think you look like an old man in person, this "terrible fitting" jacket garnered nothing but praise in the real world yesterday. Never forget that SF operates in a vacuum.

Further, if you hadn't had singled me out for extreme douchebaggery, I would have ignored you. If you had exercised some restraint when criticizing me, I would have let it pass. You didn't.

You think you are better, you said so a few posts up. Give me your best fit, we can let SF vote. If you win, I will STFU.

Mike

On Edit: I just took a trip through WAYWRN and I noticed that you have consistently criticized me. You, on the other hand, have posted 2-3 fits, all quite poor. I have never even see you a button a jacket. I am eager to see what you can come up with.

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
This is great stuff. Im going to set up a thread with a poal once Mike and Reevolving send me their pics. Good idea guys. Keep the peace though.
smile.gif

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Action adventure film?
fight[1].gif
tinfoil.gif

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No bribes from one of them?

My vote could be decided by Paypal donation.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All I know is that Mike misused the word "nonplussed": "Since it was posted by someone who has demonstrated the exact opposite, I am nonplussed."

This is a very common error. So learn well, all! Nonplussed means "confused". Ya rly!

Also, am I the only one who just realized that Reeevolving seems to post in free verse, borderline haiku?

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, here are some pics that are representative of my sense of style, and fit. I am even going to post some fits that are far from perfect.

These are from all seasons, and all styles....loud as can be and conservative. I think this is a good cross section.

Mike
CordChallenge-1.JPG

SP-1.JPG

SPChar-1.JPG

Trick-1.JPG

Raiders-6.JPG

Nutter4.JPG

Freeze-1.JPG

GF-1.JPG

Cash-1.JPG

Blacker-2.jpg

AE-4.JPG

Mono-10.jpg

Colin-3.JPG

Oxford2.jpg

FridaySpano6.jpg

Mike

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
All I know is that Mike misused the word "nonplussed": "Since it was posted by someone who has demonstrated the exact opposite, I am nonplussed."

This is a very common error. So learn well, all! Nonplussed means "confused". Ya rly!

I used it with the alternative defintion, which is "unimpressed."

Mike

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
No bribes from one of them? My vote could be decided by Paypal donation.
Same. Vote will cost $2 Comments slamming the other person will cost $5 for three comments. There won't be any price drops. Please PM me if you're interested.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used it with the alternative defintion, which is "unimpressed."

Mike

Hmm. Well, regardless, enjoy this thread, because I have the feeling you are gonna dole out the smackdown of the year.
smile.gif

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to suggest to Spoo keeping it as anonymous as possible, but seems like MB came out schwinging....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads