or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The MBreinin vs. Reevolving Fit Battle Threak
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The MBreinin vs. Reevolving Fit Battle Threak - Page 5

post #61 of 369
all this yappin (tl;dr) and no fit pic
post #62 of 369
Lol, I will smoke all of you guys in a dance off, once I learn to dance.
post #63 of 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reevolving View Post
No problem, MB. I appreciate your digging into your archives to "let it all hang out", so to speak. But, just as my blue jacket represents my sartorial errors, you should not be judged on past learning curves. "You're only as good as your last game" is the theme here. But, when it comes to the official vote, I think we should pick 2 pictures each, and go with it. Your old pictures have been previously rated by SF, and introduce bias into the final showdown. All the more reason to go with your new, unseen fits. I am confident. If you think your yellow jacket looks good, that is all I need to know. At the very least, I will beat that monstrosity.

Look, here is my perspective on this:

I said you lacked style and the ability to spot a good fit, and therefore I discounted your harsh criticism.

You said I was basically a pot, calling the kettle black, and challenged me to whatever this thing we are involved in is.

Now, you indicate that you want to necro-post this threak somewhere down the road because you have some "gaps in your wardrobe," or for whatever reason you want to put together some new fits.

I say you get a fit up today, or within a day or two. At least one. If you prefer, I will go through all of my fits, and select a couple for official voting. I don't think the fact that I have recevied feedback on these fits is relevant. They represent my personal sense of style, which is basically what I called you out on. This is a snapshot, this "competition" is based on a date in time, yesterday, which was when we entered this grand debate. So, I don't think that waiting for a future date is in the spirit of the competition. Post up some fits, or forfeit.

If you want, we can revisit this later down the road with a new competition. However, I am not going to give you time to get your act together for this one.

Post now, or lose.

Mike
post #64 of 369
The tagline seemed appropriate... j/k guys; have fun with the threak!
post #65 of 369
This is the gayest challenge I've ever seen among straight men.




(I am so subscribed.)
post #66 of 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post




i go away from SF for a few weeks, and this is the fun i miss out on.
post #67 of 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraiche View Post
This is the gayest challenge I've ever seen among straight men.




(I am so subscribed.)

+1

Handbags at dawn
post #68 of 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleachboy View Post
am I the only one who just realized that Reeevolving seems to post in free verse, borderline haiku?
Haiku AND unfiltered stream-of-consciousness. I'd say that's what's gotten him into this mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someotherstyle View Post
I have no doubt you will take this contest, and all that. I do have to say, however, I'd love for you to let out most of your jackets. To my eye, they almost all look a bit "snug" across the front
+1 I don't know the best fix for it, Mike, but most of your jackets are creating (or perhaps accentuating) a lineman's silhouette.



P.S. I am not challenging you to a fit-fight. Just sayin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_del View Post
For me, MB wins it hands down because being a good guy is more important (to me) than being well dressed. So, even if Reevolving is as well dressed as PG/Vox, I would still vote for MB.
+1 This is, after all, STYLE Forvm, and style transcends clothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoSkadelig View Post
i go away from SF for a few weeks, and this is the fun i miss out on.
This is how we're working out our abandonment issues, Otto. Never leave us again.
post #69 of 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
That's a nice blanket statement, Foo. I posted close to 20 pics which contain everything from brand new Sartoria Partenopea suits, to vintage relics. Many of them are unaltered, some are altered. Why don't you give me an example of one of these jackets that you think is "really off?"

For you to say that something is off with all of these jackets doesn't help at all, quite frankly. Also, let's keep in mind that we have a different sense of aesthetics and that pictures, by their very nature, modify images.

I think he may be referring to all of them. Not sure that I disagree and not sure how that's not helpful; he's just giving his view on the pics/outfits you posted. I don't think he has to tone that down just because he may have a "different sense of aesthetics". If you're concerned that "pictures, by their very nature, modify images" and may trigger responses you don't like, better not post them in the first place.
post #70 of 369
I completely empathize with your point. I am even limiting some good humored trash talk b/c it looks so suspect. I really didn't know it would escalate, and pics would be expected immed. I agree, it's anti-climactic. I was simply going to post a pic once my newest jacket got tailored to compare it to your yellow abomination. Till then, it makes no sense to "forfeit". There is no money wagered, so the only satisfaction is to actually beat me. If I "forfeit" you are just cheating yourself. But yes, I certainly lose points for not being able to immediate back up my challenge. And yes, this is the fruitiest thing I have ever done. By far. But, I am ready. SF is a slippery slope, that's for sure.
post #71 of 369
I don't think I would enter a contest in which the crowd of judges loudly applaudes the other contestant...
post #72 of 369
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
post #73 of 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonneker View Post
I think he may be referring to all of them. Not sure that I disagree and not sure how that's not helpful; he's just giving his view on the pics/outfits you posted. I don't think he has to tone that down just because he may have a "different sense of aesthetics". If you're concerned that "pictures, by their very nature, modify images" and may trigger responses you don't like, better not post them in the first place.

Yeah, I know he is referring to all of them, and they all fit differently. I just want to know what exactly he is talking about. Some button high, some button low. I post pics almost every day, so I am not concerned about good criticism. However, if you are going to give it, be specific. They are far from identical in fit.

Mike
post #74 of 369
This is Reevolving (no, I'm not kidding)
post #75 of 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reevolving View Post
I completely empathize with your point. I am even limiting some good humored trash talk b/c it looks so suspect. I really didn't know it would escalate, and pics would be expected immed. I agree, it's anti-climactic. I was simply going to post a pic once my newest jacket got tailored to compare it to your yellow abomination. Till then, it makes no sense to "forfeit". There is no money wagered, so the only satisfaction is to actually beat me. If I "forfeit" you are just cheating yourself. But yes, I certainly lose points for not being able to immediate back up my challenge.

And yes, this is the fruitiest thing I have ever done. By far. But, I am ready. SF is a slippery slope, that's for sure.

When is it coming back from the tailor?

For the record, that jacket is not "golden," or "yellow," it is brown and tan, almost like a tweed.

But, my point is that this is not a one fit situation. I said you lacked style in an overall sense...and that means a body of work, not a single fit.

Mike
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The MBreinin vs. Reevolving Fit Battle Threak