or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Jewelry on men...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Jewelry on men... - Page 4

post #46 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn
I can't believe, of all the threads I start, this is the one that has the staying power.

post #47 of 67
Men wearing jewelry is a style versus substance thing.
When I was younger I wore more jewelry but I made it and it felt okay.
If you have a mohawk,lots of piercings,rings,etc. and your a success at something it works,if your panhandling it doesn't.
I think the signet ring,etc is the same type of situation.Style versus substance.
Does this make sense?

I wear an earring , but I've had it for almost 40 years.
Of course, I wear a good belt,but I prefer the minimalist approach.
Only wear a watch when I have to,but a watch like a belt is a functional item and I don't consider functional items to be jewelry.
post #48 of 67
Oops, nevermind.
post #49 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by caelte
Men wearing jewelry is a style versus substance thing.
When I was younger I wore more jewelry but I made it and it felt okay.
If you have a mohawk,lots of piercings,rings,etc. and your a success at something it works,if your panhandling it doesn't.
I think the signet ring,etc is the same type of situation.Style versus substance.
Does this make sense?

I wear an earring , but I've had it for almost 40 years.
Of course, I wear a good belt,but I prefer the minimalist approach.
Only wear a watch when I have to,but a watch like a belt is a functional item and I don't consider functional items to be jewelry.

If it's okay, I'm going to set this to music and sell it to Coldplay.
post #50 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Checks
If it's okay, I'm going to set this to music and sell it to Coldplay.

What's the split? Send me a check...
post #51 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by caelte
What's the split? Send me a check...

Hey, I read it too! Does that not mean I am sort of a technical editor now? Let me give you my address
post #52 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalogre
Hey, I read it too! Does that not mean I am sort of a technical editor now? Let me give you my address

Okay,okay.. jeez..but no more than half a point..Anyone know where the food wagon is? I'm hungry.
post #53 of 67
I almost always wear cufflinks (and most of the time proper chain links) and also a pinky signet ring with my seal on it. I also sometimes combine this with my wedding band - Prince Michael of Kent style.

Also have a few other rings that I may wear from time to time.

Do it if you like it.

P.S. And Prince Philipp currently does not wear a signet ring - but Princes Andrew and Edward do.

Andrey
post #54 of 67
I stick with a watch and my wedding ring.
post #55 of 67
Wristwatch, sometimes cufflinks. My father has always worn a simple, flat, gold signet ring with his initials engraved in it. My grandfather, who recently passed away, also wore a similar signet ring, albeit much more ornate and interesting. I plan on having it resized so that I can wear it, as all three of us (my grandfather, my father, and I) have the same initials.

Maybe I'll get a cheap one with a mirror-image of the initials so that I can seal letters with wax and imprint my signet into them. Probably not, though.
post #56 of 67
i like jewelry! A LOT!
even though i think crosses around your neck are not nice...
i wear one or two bracelets (a torque bangle in silver and an old senor bonfim bracelet which is my lucky charm) i also used to wear a black buddhist bracelet, but that time is over.

just look at tim jeffries or stephan winkelmann, those guys wear bracelets with suits and it looks terrific!

i think all the jewelry a man can show should be somewhere next to his hands (stupid description i know-but i dunno better, im german )
bracelets are perfectly fine, a wedding ring, a watch, cufflinks, but thats it!
post #57 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadamulletonce View Post
I stick with a watch and my wedding ring.

Plus cufflinks!

Bracelets, other types of rings, necklaces/chains, earings...gross
post #58 of 67


Watch.. cufflinks.. class ring...
post #59 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLidig8r View Post


Watch.. cufflinks.. class ring...

The only acceptable ring of that size to wear on a daily basis would be a super bowl ring
post #60 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post
looks gaudy, sophomoric, silly.....

I think I want some...

I think a watch and a nice pair of classic sufflinks should do it. Less is more for men, I think...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Jewelry on men...