• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

True Grit is Pretty Awesome

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I want to watch this and Tron: Legacy.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
I want to watch this and Tron: Legacy.

+1

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ My goodness. What have you become, sock? Look at that avatar. Look at that signature. Let's not even bring up your adoration of America. Considering you're from Texas, I should have understood but I digress. I saw potential in you. I'm the Jay-Z to your Wale and I'm ashamed.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Why anyone is going to see that freshj steaming pile of turd Tron, is beyond me.
You don't like Olivia Wilde in tight ****?

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
True grit looks real good. Jeff bridges is a really underrated actor and he is perfect for this role. Josh Brolin naturally looks like an a-hole, so he is good for his role also.

Why anyone is going to see that freshj steaming pile of turd Tron, is beyond me.

This.

While the original True Grit was pretty good, I am anticipating this one to actually outdo the original. John Wayne and Kim Darby were were great in the original. Glen Campbell was laughably terrible. I remember seeing the original in the theaters when I was a kid and even then I recognized how truly awful he was.

Anyway, I may well go see this one the day it comes out. I can't imagine another current actor other than Jeff Bridges taking on the Rooster Cogburn role and I think Matt Damon will be great in the Glen Campbell role. Should be great.

The previews I've seen for Tron look just terrible.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ The thing is I already asked my parents to take me when I visit them next weeked. Will report back.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano

I remember seeing the original in the theaters when I was a kid and even then I recognized how truly awful he was.

they had moving pictures back then
confused.gif

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
they had moving pictures back then
confused.gif

Ha. Funny. That was an age joke right? In my senility I sometimes have difficulty discerning humor.

Actually I think they were introduced the year before I was born or something.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
You bastard, how did you get to see this already?

Advance screening
bigstar[1].gif

Seriously, its a really good movie.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
This.

While the original True Grit was pretty good, I am anticipating this one to actually outdo the original. John Wayne and Kim Darby were were great in the original. Glen Campbell was laughably terrible. I remember seeing the original in the theaters when I was a kid and even then I recognized how truly awful he was.

Anyway, I may well go see this one the day it comes out. I can't imagine another current actor other than Jeff Bridges taking on the Rooster Cogburn role and I think Matt Damon will be great in the Glen Campbell role. Should be great.

The previews I've seen for Tron look just terrible.

Damon was really funny.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Also rent Seabiscuit if you want more Bridges acting quality and a great story.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads