or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Contacting a girl for the first time
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Contacting a girl for the first time - Page 6

post #76 of 112
it varies..

If I'm super busy, I wait a few days.

If I'm free, I'll call the next day.

The rules are, there are no rules.
post #77 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by willpower View Post
Chicks have no idea what they want, never have.

+1
post #78 of 112
when to contact?: Girl I know from school, see each other fairly regularly in the same bars, have several of the same friends and are FB friends. We made out like hard the other night at the bar and didn't take it much further. Shot her an email on the train ride home, she responded later just sayin the night was fun and she would post pics later. Probably will see each other at the bar on New Years, as she already told me she would be there for that, but I'd like to hang out with her outside of there sometime
post #79 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by mharwitt View Post
if you have to ask you're pathetically Beta. hell, you probably even laugh on the first date.

This is a joke, right? Pretty sad if it's not. I've never heard of a woman who is attracted to men with no sense of humor.
post #80 of 112
post #81 of 112
I hate talking on the phone. My best was when she just kept texting me.
post #82 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratboycom View Post
when to contact?:
Girl I know from school, see each other fairly regularly in the same bars, have several of the same friends and are FB friends. We made out like hard the other night at the bar and didn't take it much further. Shot her an email on the train ride home, she responded later just sayin the night was fun and she would post pics later.
Probably will see each other at the bar on New Years, as she already told me she would be there for that, but I'd like to hang out with her outside of there sometime

That's a tough one since you led with the making out. I'd say go for it again, since it sounds like she's definitely down for it. If it doesn't turn into staying the night, shoot off an email or whatever asking for a real date. If it does turn into staying the night, then you can do it in person. Trying to start a relationship during the middle of the holidays is not great timing, so after New Years is, IMO, a good time to make a move. You have the added advantage of Valentine's Day coming up on 2/14.
post #83 of 112
If you're looking for a relationship with a girl....by all means, text.

If you want a relationship with a woman....make an actual phone call.
post #84 of 112
When me had first date (many year ago) me wait two week to ring. Me not want to appear too keen and desperate.
post #85 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliette2000 View Post
If you're looking for a relationship with a girl....by all means, text.

If you want a relationship with a woman....make an actual phone call.

Well said. .
post #86 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarim View Post
Well said. .

What's the difference between a girl and women?
post #87 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCooN View Post
What's the difference between a girl and women?

Girl: someone immature, hasn't found her way in life, makes decisions based on social/peer pressures, drama queen, takes relationship advice from Oprah and Cosmo (or even worse, Dr. Phil), has to be politically correct on everything, for whom political correctness trumps all reason and common sense, is subjected to what people say/think, affected by social stigmas.

Woman: someone who knows what she wants, doesn't play games, mature, has outgrown social stigmas/peer pressures and makes her own decisions, doesn't let society and/or peers to make decisions for her etc.
post #88 of 112
^ I think that in some ways, there are reasons to pursue both. Though id say woman, 9/10 times at least.
post #89 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarim View Post
Girl: someone immature, hasn't found her way in life, makes decisions based on social/peer pressures, drama queen, takes relationship advice from Oprah and Cosmo (or even worse, Dr. Phil), has to be politically correct on everything, for whom political correctness trumps all reason and common sense, is subjected to what people say/think, affected by social stigmas.

Woman: someone who knows what she wants, doesn't play games, mature, has outgrown social stigmas/peer pressures and makes her own decisions, doesn't let society and/or peers to make decisions for her etc.
The first group sounds like they have more challenges to get pass than I do, and it scares me.
post #90 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by style_goat View Post
If you are in your 20s, texting the next day I have found to be the best. Dating rules, in essence, imply that the man is not worthy of the girl and must devise ways of getting her to like him. If a man were to truly believe it is a privilege to date him, he would do as he pleased. What's ironic is that dating guides inculcate that women want men who are individuals, natural, and independent of outside advice. While the tenor of their books is a denunciation against the kind of man who would buy them.

I am juggling two girls right now, after being mired in a terrible 4th quarter slump. One has insisted that I call her, since she has a limited texting plan, the other never specified how I should contact her. Well, it is a pleasure arranging trysts with the latter.

There is something inherently less-casual about calling, not to mention that you must devote time to it and think on your feet (each response and whether or not you should leave a message if he she does not answer). Paradoxically, in spite of the fact that more could be said in less time over the phone, texting seems to be less demanding of your time since it may be done whenever; for example, while waiting on line or out to dinner, without distracting another or beckoning congenital eavesdroppers. It also helps to have a few additional seconds (or even minutes) to think out your responses and incorporate some wit.

this ^ is forever alone.

just call her and bang her.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Contacting a girl for the first time