or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Contacting a girl for the first time
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Contacting a girl for the first time - Page 3

post #31 of 112
i've never believed in that stupid rule. "wait two days before calling" is complete bullshit. you're trying to develop a relationship with this woman -- not play fucking games. if you didn't come off as desperate when you met her and got her number in the first place she won't think you're desperate. in fact she'll think it's cute that you liked her enough to call the next day (because she expected you to wait like every other cheesedick motherfucker) and your good first impression (you did leave a good first impression, right?) will still be fresh in her mind. meet girl. make good impression. get number. call whenever you feel like it. if she liked you she isn't going to give a shit that you called "early" -- she'll be happy that you called when you did. go grab coffee, show her your dick, profit.
post #32 of 112
It's funny when someone attributes their success to the 2-3 day wait. As if next day would have changed everything. In other cultures, it's very simple, you just say something along the lines of "I LIKE YOU" and that's it. You don't have to put on a whole Shakespeare play to hint the fact that you are actually interested.
post #33 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by willpower View Post
Those girls are setting you up. It's a trap. Chicks have no idea what they want, never have.

I disagree. Those girls, like all women, are lying whores who wouldn't tell you the truth no matter what. The worst possible thing you can do is ask a girl what she wants, because she will always lie to you.

The best policy would be to ask the last guy who banged her what he did. Then do that.
post #34 of 112
Where'd you get that rule, Swingers?
post #35 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
You text women to ask them out on your first date? Srsly? I thought you were an adult. Like 30 years old. That's like.... teenager shit.
They are with it, the old people, these days.
post #36 of 112
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
You text women to ask them out on your first date?

Srsly? I thought you were an adult. Like 30 years old. That's like.... teenager shit.

Last time I checked adults use text messages too, but hey we are all entitled to our own opinions. I'm not adverse to calling, but the last couple girls I went out with happened like that and it worked well for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
They are with it, the old people, these days.

post #37 of 112
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurvyfreedman View Post
Where'd you get that rule, Swingers?
I actually tried to find a youtube clip of them talking about those rules from the film to post here, but couldn't find one. Of course, if I remember correctly the film makes the point at the end that you shouldn't really worry about the "rules."
post #38 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post
I usually don't even bother with a phone call. Text them to say hi and when I hear back I ask them if they want to do lunch or something.

I never do the FB request before we have gone out a few times. That just seems like a bad idea to me.

I don't even bother texting them, I get their number then never make contact again, that really shows them who's boss....
post #39 of 112
agreed that sending a text the next day is a great idea. It typically is a few days before I will call a girl back, not because of any rule but because I prefer a pretty quick turnaround between first contact and first date. I don't call until I have a solid gameplan and can move quick on it.
post #40 of 112
I think that sending a text the next day is something that lets them know that you are thinking about them, but I may also add something about your next step. Either 'I had fun last night, hope you got home safe. Drinks at (insert random bar you may have spoke about) on Friday?' or 'I had fun last night, hope your early meeting went well. I'll call you later tonight or tomorrow to setup the Happy Hour we talked about.'. I've found that the anticipation is something that women really relish.
post #41 of 112
I'd say the best time is immediately after you exit the establishment where you got the number. And the distant second best is a few days later.

When I try a day later, it always seems as though I wanted to do it right after, but decided upon the next day because right-after feels too risky.
post #42 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadSmall3BetAllIN View Post
I'd say the best time is immediately after you exit the establishment where you got the number. And the distant second best is a few days later.

When I try a day later, it always seems as though I wanted to do it right after, but decided upon the next day because right-after feels too risky.

Doesnt calling/contacting her right away seem akward?
post #43 of 112
i think you should focus more on what you want to do, rather than what women generally want. if she likes you enough, won't matter when you call. if she doesn't like you, well, whatever day you do decide to call, she won't pick up.
post #44 of 112
Edit: Double post
post #45 of 112
Edit: Triple post.... CCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOMMMMMMBO!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Contacting a girl for the first time