or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Weekend in Montreal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Weekend in Montreal - Page 2

post #16 of 61
Stayed at Hotel Le Crystal and it was nice. It had a seperate sleeping area and a block away from where the Canadiens play.
post #17 of 61
For Steak, Gibby's is very good. I have gone there a couple of times on business. I agree Schwartz is great for Montreal smoked meat. I have also been to Cafe Fereira for seafood which was fantastic. I am going in a couple of days and I am trying Cafe Europa which I was told is fantastic as well. i hope this helps.

David
post #18 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon8 View Post
You have to try Schwartz's Deli. they serve smoked meat and I think its the best anywhere in the world.

quoted for truth
post #19 of 61
I am a Montrealer. Times Supper Club is awful. You should try F Bar, Brasserie-T!, le Hangar, Schwartz, le Local, Tapeo (not downtown though) and Ferreira.

If you need more info on what you should do in Montreal, pm me.
post #20 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylefan2 View Post
For Steak, Gibby's is very good. I have gone there a couple of times on business. I agree Schwartz is great for Montreal smoked meat. I have also been to Cafe Fereira for seafood which was fantastic. I am going in a couple of days and I am trying Cafe Europa which I was told is fantastic as well. i hope this helps.

David


I don't really like Gibby's, you can find much better for the price. Moishe's is so much better for steak. Europa, are you referring to Europea ? That restaurant is mindblowing.
post #21 of 61
Fairly relevant to the OP, I am planning on setting up my brother's bachelor party in Montreal in July. Was looking at two companies that put together the bachelor party plans for you. montrealvip.com and montrealnitelifetravel.com

First off, anybody have any idea if these places are legit and/or worth it?
post #22 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by gort View Post
Fairly relevant to the OP, I am planning on setting up my brother's bachelor party in Montreal in July. Was looking at two companies that put together the bachelor party plans for you. montrealvip.com and montrealnitelifetravel.com

First off, anybody have any idea if these places are legit and/or worth it?

Why would you need to pay someone to set up a bachelor party?

If you're doing the typical bro party, it means dinner, dive bar, strip club, then maybe a nightclub or another bar. You don't really need to organize that.
post #23 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylefan2 View Post
For Steak, Gibby's is very good. I have gone there a couple of times on business. I agree Schwartz is great for Montreal smoked meat. I have also been to Cafe Fereira for seafood which was fantastic. I am going in a couple of days and I am trying Cafe Europa which I was told is fantastic as well. i hope this helps. David
Gibby's is god awful. Shitty meat with horrendous sides served by morbidly obese habitant middle aged women. I cannot think of a more awful place to spend like $50.
post #24 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by SField View Post
Why would you need to pay someone to set up a bachelor party?

If you're doing the typical bro party, it means dinner, dive bar, strip club, then maybe a nightclub or another bar. You don't really need to organize that.

Yeah good point. I guess I was just thinking going to a city I had never been I wouldn't know any good spots to go. Having someone else plan it all would be easy but then again how hard is it to ask the concierge at the hotel or something which strip clubs and bars are good. Plus internet forums are good for that too.
post #25 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by gort View Post
Yeah good point. I guess I was just thinking going to a city I had never been I wouldn't know any good spots to go. Having someone else plan it all would be easy but then again how hard is it to ask the concierge at the hotel or something which strip clubs and bars are good. Plus internet forums are good for that too.

What's your budget, what kind of guys are you with?

Would be very easy to make an itinerary from that in about 5 minutes.
post #26 of 61
The crowd is going to be a bit diverse. We have two guys who are still in school (one in law school, one in undergrad) who are both getting married this year as well so they have little money to spend. A few of us are at six figures or close to it, and two guys are shitty paid school teachers. Some guys wouldn't mind spending something in the 4 digits while others would cringe at spending over $400 either because they simply can't afford it or are cheap.
post #27 of 61
I went to a new place on St. Denis (corner Rachel) for NYE in MTL called Le Hachoir and was pleasantly surprised. Nice steak tartare and cool meat dishes (I had a tourtiere that was delicious) with nice decor and atmosphere. It turns out the place is owned by a guy I know who used to be a doorman at Disalvio's (a club I hung out in the late '80s/early '90s) - Alain. Nice guy and even offered us drinks on the house.

I will echo Medwards rec since i also had lunch at L'Express and it still rocks - best croque monsieur this side of the Atlantic - it's one of the few places I miss about MTL.
post #28 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by gort View Post
The crowd is going to be a bit diverse. We have two guys who are still in school (one in law school, one in undergrad) who are both getting married this year as well so they have little money to spend. A few of us are at six figures or close to it, and two guys are shitty paid school teachers.

Some guys wouldn't mind spending something in the 4 digits while others would cringe at spending over $400 either because they simply can't afford it or are cheap.

I mean it's very easy to just go bar hopping in montreal... you don't really need a plan. I don't like strip clubs but if I were you I'd avoid shit like Super Sexe. I think Mum Boucher's place is supposed to be the best.. Chez Paree.

Stay at the W or something. It's really easy to go out in Montreal. You can get in pretty much anywhere if you're getting bottle service so lines are irrelevant. It also isn't that expensive, but $400 would not be as easy (though totally doable if you want to... but they might have to be subsidized by the older guys if you want to go to nicer places)
post #29 of 61
KAZU KAZU KAZU on Ste. Catherine, there's a very good reason why there's a big lineup in front every weekend. One of the best and most unique Japanese food you'll ever have. Don't go for steak, for all the restaurants it has Montreal is shitty for steaks.
post #30 of 61
I enjoyed Kamasutra. It's a little small but I had fun. A friend who lives there mentioned positive things about Solid Gold but I never went so I can't speak from first hand experience.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Weekend in Montreal