or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Self Edge x Imperial = SEXI14
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Self Edge x Imperial = SEXI14

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
Self Edge x Imperial = SEXI14

Imperial, our sole brand from Australia, comes back with another jean made for lovers of slim cuts. This is a further interpretation of the slim centimeter cut, this time tweaking the silhouette a bit to match up to the 18cm fit. This fit isn't necessarily slimmer than the last collaboration we did with Imperial, it's just a little different in it's shaping.

We've had Imperial produce this collaboration jean in Japan, whereas their regular jeans are made of Japanese fabrics but cut and sewn in Australia. The denim is a 15oz unsanforized selvedge fabric that's a super loose weave available in both indigo and black, both are sure to age very well considering the texture of the denim and the loomstate nature of the fabric. The denim was woven in Okayama and the jean was cut and sewn within minutes of the denim mill.
The denim has a very unique feel to it, it's abrasive at first but definitely not very rigid due to the lack of starch. The belt loops are rolled for sturdiness, the pack pockets are riveted, and the inside pocket bags are screened.

The SEXI14 & SEXI14BK jeans will be released at Self Edge San Francisco, Self Edge New York, and Self Edge Los Angeles at Noon (Local Time) on Saturday, December 11th.
The jeans will also be available online at 10am (PST) the same day in the online store.


Check our online store for more information on this jean, a complete specification list, measurements, and hi-res photos:
https://www.selfedge.com/shop/index....index&cPath=33

SEXI14 Indigo & Black









post #2 of 19
Blacks look way cool, Kiya. Props.
post #3 of 19
love the patch design
post #4 of 19
Very nice overall design.
post #5 of 19
But if it's made in Japan, is it still produced by Imperial? Did they send their Aussie workers over?
post #6 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecch View Post
But if it's made in Japan, is it still produced by Imperial?
Did they send their Aussie workers over?

Do you really think that any clothing brand in the world owns the factories which their jeans are made in?
post #7 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiya View Post
Do you really think that any clothing brand in the world owns the factories which their jeans are made in?
I know a couple, but then again they are factory-brands :P Didn't mean to offend , I was just under the impression that Imperial made their own jeans - I remember talking to a local stockist near me, and they told me Imperial do most productions in house. That's one of their big attractions to me (me being Australian and all): made in Australia. It's a bit strange seeing the kangaroo on the pocket when it isn't actually made here (traditionally for us, the kangaroo symbol on products certifies them as Australian owned and made).
post #8 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecch View Post
I know a couple, but then again they are factory-brands :P

Didn't mean to offend , I was just under the impression that Imperial made their own jeans - I remember talking to a local stockist near me, and they told me Imperial do most productions in house.

That's one of their big attractions to me (me being Australian and all): made in Australia.
It's a bit strange seeing the kangaroo on the pocket when it isn't actually made here (traditionally for us, the kangaroo symbol on products certifies them as Australian owned and made).

What brand owns the factories which their products are made in?
It's near unheard of.
post #9 of 19
Roy Denim.
post #10 of 19
Brands like one of one in Okayama/Enishi, Studio Zero, etc...wee little factory brands to be sure, but still they exist. Of course, Roy Slaper and Ande Whall are one-man factories :P Not meaning to start a little war - I was just curious of the reasoning behind Imperials not made in Australia, isn't that one of their main attractions and what differentiates Imperial from the dozens and dozens of quality denim brands in Japan? I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying I would like to understand.
post #11 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecch View Post
Brands like one of one in Okayama/Enishi, Studio Zero, etc...wee little factory brands to be sure, but still they exist.
Of course, Roy Slaper and Ande Whall are one-man factories :P

Not meaning to start a little war - I was just curious of the reasoning behind Imperials not made in Australia, isn't that one of their main attractions and what differentiates Imperial from the dozens and dozens of quality denim brands in Japan?
I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying I would like to understand.

It comes down to the fact that production of jeans in countries like Australia is very difficult and there aren't many places that you can get jeans cut and sewn. If you want to pinpoint an exact type of production then you're going to have to go to a place like Japan where it's easier to find a factory that's going to make your jeans exactly how you want them, even if the prices are higher.
post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiya View Post
It comes down to the fact that production of jeans in countries like Australia is very difficult and there aren't many places that you can get jeans cut and sewn. If you want to pinpoint an exact type of production then you're going to have to go to a place like Japan where it's easier to find a factory that's going to make your jeans exactly how you want them, even if the prices are higher.

Thanks Kiya, that makes sense...I guess Imperial's Australian manufacturer is a little limited, with the lack of chain-stitch hemming and all.
post #13 of 19
When worn the back pocket arrows point to the wearer's butthole.
post #14 of 19
^Lol. The patches are neat too. Releasing a lot of high-profile denim lately..
post #15 of 19
anyone pick these up? pics?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Self Edge x Imperial = SEXI14