or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Need cheap ugly sweater in NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need cheap ugly sweater in NYC

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
Need it for an upcoming party. Does anyone know where I can pick up one for cheap in the city?
post #2 of 15
salvation army thrift store, 6th ave in chelsea
post #3 of 15
I've been out of NYC for a couple of years now, so forgive me if I am wrong, but has the bed bug epidemic made thrift stores somewhat more undesirable?
post #4 of 15
Any generic, corporate branded RTW store.
post #5 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narciso View Post
I've been out of NYC for a couple of years now, so forgive me if I am wrong, but has the bed bug epidemic made thrift stores somewhat more undesirable?

For that reason I'm not quite feeling the thrift store. Also, I need the sweater for saturday, so won't have time to dry clean it. I think I'm going to drop by JC Penney and TJ Maxx, co-workes told me they might have some.
post #6 of 15
I had a hard time finding an ugly sweater and eventually settled on ebay and found someone within driving distance and let me pick it up (maybe craigslist). I tried Kmart near Penn St. and a ton of thrift stores and came up empty handed. If it's an ugly sweater, do you really need to dry clean it? :P
post #7 of 15
Seems I'm a bit late on this one, but my favorite vintage places in NYC were located between 2nd Ave and Ave A in the East Village, most around 9th to 6th streets. I found lots of great pieces in those stores for significantly less than I would've payed just a few blocks west. I saw lots of cheap, ugly sweaters in some of 'em, too. Hope your party is a good time.
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartlesby View Post
Seems I'm a bit late on this one, but my favorite vintage places in NYC were located between 2nd Ave and Ave A in the East Village, most around 9th to 6th streets. I found lots of great pieces in those stores for significantly less than I would've payed just a few blocks west.

I saw lots of cheap, ugly sweaters in some of 'em, too. Hope your party is a good time.

Some good Indian food around there too. If you are lucky you will catch the restaurant owners fighting each other over customers.
post #9 of 15
Get one of those I Love NY sweat shirts and wear it with pride.
post #10 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post
Some good Indian food around there too. If you are lucky you will catch the restaurant owners fighting each other over customers.

I thought indian avenue is on lex and 29th?

I found one at daffy's which has some crazy zig zaging patterns of red brown and white. If Gap or TJ Maxx don't have anything christmas themed, I'll probably go with that. BR is not within the budget consideration.

Will post fit shot once purchased.
post #11 of 15
These things are everywhere except when you need them
post #12 of 15
Jos A. Bank
post #13 of 15
The theme is ugly sweaters?
post #14 of 15
The trendy thing lately is to have ugly holiday tie and sweater parties. I've gotten invites for two this season.
post #15 of 15
a.k.a. "epicurean"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Need cheap ugly sweater in NYC