• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official Cardigan Thread***

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Love cardigans, post up your favorites guys I'm trying to find the one.

modual

Reaction score
heres a couple i like the look of

939-500.jpg

jpg44cefaa459b38.jpg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, that first one is the YMC cardigan lined in pinstripe poplin, if I'm not mistaken. It is nice. Looks like that picture was taken at Stel's in Boston too, and I know that they carry it there... Nice. At $300, it's a little steep for me, but the price is actually lower than in the UK (200 pounds at Oi Polloi). Pretty subdued for YMC stuff. They seem to have taken a different direction lately, following Oliver Spencer, I believe.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
You know what the funny thing is, I have a charcoal BR one from 4 years ago that looks exactly like the top one save for the last button on the top. I'll post a pic wearing it soon. Fok, can I get your ideas in the apc jacket thread down the page?

modual

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
If I'm not mistaken, that first one is the YMC cardigan lined in pinstripe poplin, if I'm not mistaken. It is nice. Looks like that picture was taken at Stel's in Boston too, and I know that they carry it there... Nice. At $300, it's a little steep for me, but the price is actually lower than in the UK (200 pounds at Oi Polloi). Pretty subdued for YMC stuff. They seem to have taken a different direction lately, following Oliver Spencer, I believe.

That one i pictured is actually Oliver Spencer and taken from the Oi Polloi site. The Ymc one looks tasty as well. Difficult to decide between the two to be honest. The bottom picture in my post above is John smedley which is great quality and just classic.

Heres the Ymc :

922-500.jpg

922-d4.jpg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Oliver spencer from last year was 50% off and still available in larger sizes (L and XL) at Concepts (inside the Tannery in Cambridge) less than a month ago. You should check there for their stuff if you are in the Cambridge area. The Oliver Spencer is not lined. The YMC is, and is heavier.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I own my ultimate cardigan. It's a Fred Perry CDG in burgundy with subtle argyle panels on the front, very nice fitting and the material has a great weight and hand to it so it's not too thin, not too heavy. And it ends where a moto jacket would, my biggest peeve with cardigans is many run too long on the body.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
How are you going to tell me about it and not post a pic man?!

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by modual
heres a couple i like the look of

939-500.jpg

I really like this cardigan. Can another version of it be had for about a c-note?

Brian SD

Reaction score
Let's establish some rules for this thread:

Include pictures, price (if you can) and brand (unless you don't know).

I like the idea of this thread, especially cause cardigans are pretty damn important in contemporary fashion. So let's make this thread a good resource.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JET
How are you going to tell me about it and not post a pic man?!

patience my son. at least til I can get home and snap a pic

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
Sorry, I'm about to break the rules- I like this one, thinking of buying it but I don't know what a silk sweater would feel like (light or heavy) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
This is very much within the "rules." These sweaters are light in physical weight, but heavy in their warmth. Make sense? I looked for one but in Ralph Lauren, even XS is too large for me.

cmrocks

Reaction score
Here is a quick snapshot of the cardigan I have. It's pretty short in length and made from cashmere. I bought it from a store in Vancouver called LG Cashmere. The sides could stand to be taken in a small amount.

cole092006.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Here's my Fred Perry CDG cardigan from above....

jasoncardigan3uq3.jpg

cost approx $350 a year ago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics