or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The Official Cardigan Thread***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The Official Cardigan Thread***

post #1 of 417
Thread Starter 
Love cardigans, post up your favorites guys I'm trying to find the one.
post #2 of 417
heres a couple i like the look of



post #3 of 417
If I'm not mistaken, that first one is the YMC cardigan lined in pinstripe poplin, if I'm not mistaken. It is nice. Looks like that picture was taken at Stel's in Boston too, and I know that they carry it there... Nice. At $300, it's a little steep for me, but the price is actually lower than in the UK (200 pounds at Oi Polloi). Pretty subdued for YMC stuff. They seem to have taken a different direction lately, following Oliver Spencer, I believe.
post #4 of 417
Thread Starter 
You know what the funny thing is, I have a charcoal BR one from 4 years ago that looks exactly like the top one save for the last button on the top. I'll post a pic wearing it soon. Fok, can I get your ideas in the apc jacket thread down the page?
post #5 of 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy
If I'm not mistaken, that first one is the YMC cardigan lined in pinstripe poplin, if I'm not mistaken. It is nice. Looks like that picture was taken at Stel's in Boston too, and I know that they carry it there... Nice. At $300, it's a little steep for me, but the price is actually lower than in the UK (200 pounds at Oi Polloi). Pretty subdued for YMC stuff. They seem to have taken a different direction lately, following Oliver Spencer, I believe.

That one i pictured is actually Oliver Spencer and taken from the Oi Polloi site. The Ymc one looks tasty as well. Difficult to decide between the two to be honest. The bottom picture in my post above is John smedley which is great quality and just classic.

Heres the Ymc :



post #6 of 417
The Oliver spencer from last year was 50% off and still available in larger sizes (L and XL) at Concepts (inside the Tannery in Cambridge) less than a month ago. You should check there for their stuff if you are in the Cambridge area. The Oliver Spencer is not lined. The YMC is, and is heavier.
post #7 of 417
I own my ultimate cardigan. It's a Fred Perry CDG in burgundy with subtle argyle panels on the front, very nice fitting and the material has a great weight and hand to it so it's not too thin, not too heavy. And it ends where a moto jacket would, my biggest peeve with cardigans is many run too long on the body.
post #8 of 417
Thread Starter 
How are you going to tell me about it and not post a pic man?!
post #9 of 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by modual
heres a couple i like the look of




I really like this cardigan. Can another version of it be had for about a c-note?
post #10 of 417
Let's establish some rules for this thread: Include pictures, price (if you can) and brand (unless you don't know). I like the idea of this thread, especially cause cardigans are pretty damn important in contemporary fashion. So let's make this thread a good resource.
post #11 of 417
Sorry, I'm about to break the rules-

I like this one, thinking of buying it but I don't know what a silk sweater would feel like (light or heavy)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
post #12 of 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by JET
How are you going to tell me about it and not post a pic man?!

patience my son. at least til I can get home and snap a pic
post #13 of 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_jack
Sorry, I'm about to break the rules- I like this one, thinking of buying it but I don't know what a silk sweater would feel like (light or heavy) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
This is very much within the "rules." These sweaters are light in physical weight, but heavy in their warmth. Make sense? I looked for one but in Ralph Lauren, even XS is too large for me.
post #14 of 417
Here is a quick snapshot of the cardigan I have. It's pretty short in length and made from cashmere. I bought it from a store in Vancouver called LG Cashmere. The sides could stand to be taken in a small amount.

post #15 of 417
Here's my Fred Perry CDG cardigan from above....



cost approx $350 a year ago.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The Official Cardigan Thread***