• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like he's sewing one of yours.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
butbut.gif
Amber Heard is gay?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nice that they got a write-up, but it doesn't tell us anything about the degree of hand-sewing that goes into their work. One-off, bespoke suits are typically "handmade," in the sense they are handled by human workers and not put together on an automated assembly line.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for sharing the article with us.

-LR

kcc

Reaction score
Good stuff NYR. Wish the article provided a more in-depth explanation of his preferred style and client services.

What's his price range for summer trousher cotton fabrics?

LesterSnodgrass

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Nice that they got a write-up, but it doesn't tell us anything about the degree of hand-sewing that goes into their work. One-off, bespoke suits are typically "handmade," in the sense they are handled by human workers and not put together on an automated assembly line.

It's the Daily News -- a tabloid. Degree of hand-sewing? Don't be an imbecile.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Looks like he's sewing one of yours.

Thats the Hardy fabric I'm wearing today.

Originally Posted by bellyhungry
butbut.gif
Amber Heard is gay?

lol

I think the fact that they tell you typically a bespoke suit by machine takes 12 hours and theirs take 72 that it was clear its almost all hand work...maybe I'm reading it wrongly.

Originally Posted by kcc
Good stuff NYR. Wish the article provided a more in-depth explanation of his preferred style and client services.

What's his price range for summer trousher cotton fabrics?

For the Daily News this is about as in depth as they'll get, right Matt (M.Brosi trousers...lol)? His summer pants are not much cheaper (if at all) than his wool pants. I'd say ~$300.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
I think the fact that they tell you typically a bespoke suit by machine takes 12 hours and theirs take 72 that it was clear its almost all hand work...maybe I'm reading it wrongly.

If they are putting as much hand-sewing into a suit as one one typically pays multiples more for coming from Italy, London, or other New York tailors, it would be a miracle.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed the article...almost as much as the collage of A-list celebs that are Jews, like me.
lol8[1].gif

Mike

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If they are putting as much hand-sewing into a suit as one one typically pays multiples more for coming from Italy, London, or other New York tailors, it would be a miracle.

I'm generally a believer in "you pay for what you get", but this is a case where he has had a very local customer base for a very long time. Dyker is not a wealthy neighborhood like the UES and is populated with many immigrants (Italian and Orthodox Jewish-Borough Park, right next door) and first generation middle class folk (and has for 70 years) so that while prices on SR, Naples and NYC have been driven through the roof, Ercoles' has risen far more modestly. The clientele is not nearly as exclusive as those guys, but thats not what they are after. Believe me, Frank and his dad do very well, but they're not after the celebrity that many SR tailors and the more famous Italian counterparts are after. He didn't seek out this promotion, it found him.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
I enjoyed the article...almost as much as the collage of A-list celebs that are Jews, like me.
lol8[1].gif

Mike

Happy Channukah man! Great thing about marrying a Jewish girl is that we celebrate EVERYTHING! Nothing like a tray of sloppies and smokies on a cold December morning, with bagels.lox and c/c.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Channukah man! Great thing about marrying a Jewish girl is that we celebrate EVERYTHING! Nothing like a tray of sloppies and smokies on a cold December morning, with bagels.lox and c/c.

There you go!

Mike

BH1

Reaction score
His summer pants are not much cheaper (if at all) than his wool pants. I'd say ~$300.

That's what they charged me for CMT on a pair of trousers. Either you're getting a discount, or they don't like me.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BH1
That's what they charged me for CMT on a pair of trousers. Either you're getting a discount, or they don't like me.
Nope, thats what I pay (have a Christmas pair ready now as a matter of fact). Last time I had cotton trousers done was two summers ago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads