or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)*** - Page 6

post #76 of 1170
This is really fantastic, NYR. You've clearly got your pattern dialed in with him.
post #77 of 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post
I ordered number 2 Saturday. After it is finished I will poast some pics. I think this one will be a little more SF approved than the first. I think it will be good to see the different capabilities of Frank. After I post I will tell you what I said to him and we will see how it affects the outcome.

Can you poast a link to the first one?
post #78 of 1170
Whats his turnaround time and how big is the workforce you think?
post #79 of 1170
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reeves View Post
Whats his turnaround time and how big is the workforce you think?

From cutting to finish probably about 4-6 weeks, but once you pick out fabric, it depends on the time of year...he usually tells you and is upfront. A hint would be to check his pile of to cut fabrics...if its doubled up on the counter the wait will be longer.

He has a few pant makers downstairs, Samira does buttonholes and buttons, he has one other woman upstairs I think and there is Mike, Frank, and Ercole on the floor as well...small operation really. He may have somemore people that I'm missing.
post #80 of 1170
Thread Starter 
This is my first commission with him. Taken the first day I wore it, a few summers ago: and a few shots from the fitting:
post #81 of 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxgenius View Post
Can you poast a link to the first one?

It is earlier in this thread. http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...5&postcount=32 http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...4&postcount=50
post #82 of 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Not bad for a 1st try by Ercole.

Would it be correct to say that the price is about the same as Mina from NSM?
post #83 of 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post
From cutting to finish probably about 4-6 weeks, but once you pick out fabric, it depends on the time of year...he usually tells you and is upfront. A hint would be to check his pile of to cut fabrics...if its doubled up on the counter the wait will be longer. He has a few pant makers downstairs, Samira does buttonholes and buttons, he has one other woman upstairs I think and there is Mike, Frank, and Ercole on the floor as well...small operation really. He may have somemore people that I'm missing.
It is a real production doing labour intensive Bespoke work. I have one tailor doing the 6000 stitches suit and we can do one a week but two is pushing it, we aren't taking on new clients for 6000 stitches right now as we are at capacity. We are starting to train a small workforce already starting with trouser makers. Rory can do 2 trousers in a day on his own but the coats are something else. I think we will shoot for a finisher, trouser maker a buttonholer and Rory, That will work for a while but thats still 5 people including me in the business to make two maybe three suits a week. Its crazy how people perceive that one guy does all the making which is perpetuated by a lot of smaller tailors. Its probably better just to say that though because this business is more simpler and complex than people realize unless they are doing it. Its impressive Ercoles does a hand basting at that price point.
post #84 of 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxgenius View Post
Not bad for a 1st try by Ercole.

Would it be correct to say that the price is about the same as Mina from NSM?

With the dollar the way it is now? Mina is probably much more.
post #85 of 1170
Thread Starter 
Here's the first commission now, after 2 surgeries to let out the chest and shoulders as I grew.




post #86 of 1170
This all looks awesome NYR. I would love to find something comparable down here in Dallas.
post #87 of 1170
I've been an Ercole's customer for about 6 years now, and I'm only turning 24 next week.

There is nothing in the world that compares to the work Ercole, Frank, and the whole team do.

I used to wear strictly Oxxford, Brioni, and Zegna suits, now I'm strictly an Ercole man.

Since starting with Ercole I've moved on to Chicago, yet I still make special one day trips whenever I need anything commissioned. I've even gotten my Dad who is has 0 interest in sartorial splendor to commission some suits for a wedding from them.

It is well worth the trip!

Keep up the good work Frank, Ercole, and the whole team as well as NYR promoting such a special institution!
post #88 of 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbrioni View Post
I've been an Ercole's customer for about 6 years now, and I'm only turning 24 next week.

There is nothing in the world that compares to the work Ercole, Frank, and the whole team do.

I used to wear strictly Oxxford, Brioni, and Zegna suits, now I'm strictly an Ercole man.

Since starting with Ercole I've moved on to Chicago, yet I still make special one day trips whenever I need anything commissioned. I've even gotten my Dad who is has 0 interest in sartorial splendor to commission some suits for a wedding from them.

It is well worth the trip!

Keep up the good work Frank, Ercole, and the whole team as well as NYR promoting such a special institution!

You must have gotten one hell of a job at 18. Why isn't your user name Mrercole?
post #89 of 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post
With the dollar the way it is now? Mina is probably much more.

CMT at Mina is ~$2,200, and decent fabric is about $400, for a total of $2,600. How much would I save using Frank?
post #90 of 1170
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxgenius View Post
CMT at Mina is ~$2,200, and decent fabric is about $400, for a total of $2,600. How much would I save using Frank?

CMT out of the brooklyn shop, you'd save a bunch.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***