Thinking one or two flannels and then a couple hard wearing year rounders, likely in the color wheel.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread Last post on Today at 9:02 pm in Classic Menswear
- Off the rack or custom made suits and shirts? Last post on 8/19/12 at 2:53am in Classic Menswear
- Anyone planning to attend Bellucci Napoli event next week (or can provide details on this NYC shop)? Last post on 7/30/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- Dark shirt on dark suit? Last post on 8/25/11 at 2:32pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)*** - Page 50post #736 of 11582/6/13 at 10:39am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #737 of 11582/6/13 at 10:43amFox, Harrisons, and Minnis flannels are all very nice. Mid grays and charcoals. Year round fabric you might want to look at his wall where you can get some deals. It kind of depends on a lot of factors, but honestly the really heavy Minnis Fresco is built like iron and doesn't feel nearly as heavy as it is because of the weave. I would look into that as well.post #738 of 11582/6/13 at 10:45ampost #739 of 11582/6/13 at 10:48ampost #740 of 11582/6/13 at 10:49ampost #741 of 11582/6/13 at 10:50amQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Fox, Harrisons, and Minnis flannels are all very nice. Mid grays and charcoals. Year round fabric you might want to look at his wall where you can get some deals. It kind of depends on a lot of factors, but honestly the really heavy Minnis Fresco is built like iron and doesn't feel nearly as heavy as it is because of the weave. I would look into that as well.
This is helpful, I tend to wear hot, well mostly in my upper half, but still. I'm definitely hoping to find some good deals on his wall.
Also, thanks for figuring out that collar of yours, I've had it copied on 4 shirts and love it.post #742 of 11582/6/13 at 10:50amQuote:
Honestly, I think a bit of rope looks great on all but the most casual of suits. I think this one looks great.
SCs are another story.post #743 of 11582/6/13 at 10:53amQuote:I'm glad it is working out for you. I love my collars very much.Quote:
I don't buy into the whole sloped shoulder should be built up and such. Basically I like neapolitan shoulders for the summer and natural for the winter. Ironically I have neo shoulders on my overcoat. I just wanted something different.post #744 of 11582/6/13 at 11:03amQuote:
The first suit I had him make I asked him to add rope actually. He wanted to do the shoulders with out it, but I had liked what I had seen from him with it. We ended up trying on a few "natural shoulder" options to figure it out. This one he did without the same roping. I would assume he added something for the concave shape, but then again, that's awfully close to the shape of my shoulders.post #745 of 11582/6/13 at 6:31pmpost #746 of 11582/6/13 at 6:37pmpost #747 of 11582/16/13 at 9:38am
Long time lurker, first time poster-
After reading this entire thread, I was convinced that Frank was the tailor I should go to for my wedding suit. He and Jeremy have been wonderful throughout the process. Today was my first fitting, so I thought I would upload the photos Frank took:
I am still waiting for my Hober wedding tie to arrive, so I had to wear something else today for the fitting. So far, we decided to shorten the jacket a bit, bring the shoulders in 1/8th of an inch and soften them just a touch, along with all the various changes in the sleeves you can see in the second photo.
Thoughts? The shirt is also Frank's work- a nice white on white herringbone pattern. Some of you might recognize the inspiration for the collar. I also have a pair of gray dress pants on order with Frank, and will inevitably get another shirt or two in the spring (his shop is DANGEROUS!).post #748 of 11582/16/13 at 10:26amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by ddgdl
Long time lurker, first time poster-
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)After reading this entire thread, I was convinced that Frank was the tailor I should go to for my wedding suit. He and Jeremy have been wonderful throughout the process. Today was my first fitting, so I thought I would upload the photos Frank took:
I am still waiting for my Hober wedding tie to arrive,
Looks good. If you wanted something local in terms of neckwear, I might know a guy...post #749 of 11582/16/13 at 10:35ampost #750 of 11582/16/13 at 11:11am
- ***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › IC: Ralph Lauren Purple Label Navy suit in 40L (Savile Row fit) 3 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO 4 minutes ago
- › Recent non-Sartorialist Looks 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)