Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 4/20/15 at 12:03pm in Classic Menswear
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:54 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 10:09 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)*** - Page 48post #706 of 12441/27/13 at 7:25pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #707 of 12441/27/13 at 8:05pmpost #708 of 12441/27/13 at 8:18pmpost #709 of 12441/28/13 at 5:50ampost #710 of 12441/31/13 at 12:57ampost #711 of 12441/31/13 at 5:17ampost #712 of 12441/31/13 at 5:40amIt's the same as about half of my suits, 3.75" others are 3.5". Drakes ties are notoriously skimpy. I don't mind having ties that are slightly narrower than the lapels. That has been done for ages and I think it looks fine. When your lapels get larger having ties that are just as wide to me looks a bit silly and bib-like. I think when ties are a larger width than lapels it looks horrible, however.post #713 of 12441/31/13 at 5:44amQuote:
forex, now that you mention it and I look closer, I think it's just the acute taper from the top. The fat part of the tie looks fine. In picture 2 the tie seems quite dwarfed by the lapels and so on. If it's Drakes from ASW, it is either 8 or 9cm; I would guess 8, but then Drakes does cut their ties these days with a sharp taper. Either way, no biggie. The rest is good; I especially like the forward pleat.post #714 of 12441/31/13 at 5:46ampost #715 of 12441/31/13 at 5:50amQuote:
Gotcha. Just went and checked his site and the 9cm are 60''!! Egad. I guess that makes things difficult.
I sometimes spring for Drakes (in wool, don't like the skimpiness in silks at all) if the pattern is interesting. I would be getting 142cm or shorter in a custom tie regardless so that works out.post #716 of 12441/31/13 at 6:28amQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
It's the same as about half of my suits, 3.75" others are 3.5". Drakes ties are notoriously skimpy. I don't mind having ties that are slightly narrower than the lapels. That has been done for ages and I think it looks fine. When your lapels get larger having ties that are just as wide to me looks a bit silly and bib-like. I think when ties are a larger width than lapels it looks horrible, however.
You should stick to that lapel width, anything narrower doesn't look that good.
sprout, I actualy like 8 cm Drakes, I thought that they were too narrow and wished they had been 3.5" but they grew on me and now I actually prefer 8 cm vs. 9 cmpost #717 of 12441/31/13 at 6:39ampost #718 of 12441/31/13 at 7:04ampost #719 of 12441/31/13 at 8:31am
- ***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please 6 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge: Creative Business Casual 6 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 11 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 14 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 14 minutes ago
- › Azzuraa Bespoke Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 20 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...