Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:36 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 10:36 am in Classic Menswear
- Off the rack or custom made suits and shirts? Last post on 8/19/12 at 2:53am in Classic Menswear
- Anyone planning to attend Bellucci Napoli event next week (or can provide details on this NYC shop)? Last post on 7/30/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: Yesterday
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)*** - Page 48post #706 of 12361/27/13 at 7:25pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #707 of 12361/27/13 at 8:05pmpost #708 of 12361/27/13 at 8:18pmpost #709 of 12361/28/13 at 5:50ampost #710 of 12361/31/13 at 12:57ampost #711 of 12361/31/13 at 5:17ampost #712 of 12361/31/13 at 5:40amIt's the same as about half of my suits, 3.75" others are 3.5". Drakes ties are notoriously skimpy. I don't mind having ties that are slightly narrower than the lapels. That has been done for ages and I think it looks fine. When your lapels get larger having ties that are just as wide to me looks a bit silly and bib-like. I think when ties are a larger width than lapels it looks horrible, however.post #713 of 12361/31/13 at 5:44amQuote:
forex, now that you mention it and I look closer, I think it's just the acute taper from the top. The fat part of the tie looks fine. In picture 2 the tie seems quite dwarfed by the lapels and so on. If it's Drakes from ASW, it is either 8 or 9cm; I would guess 8, but then Drakes does cut their ties these days with a sharp taper. Either way, no biggie. The rest is good; I especially like the forward pleat.post #714 of 12361/31/13 at 5:46ampost #715 of 12361/31/13 at 5:50amQuote:
Gotcha. Just went and checked his site and the 9cm are 60''!! Egad. I guess that makes things difficult.
I sometimes spring for Drakes (in wool, don't like the skimpiness in silks at all) if the pattern is interesting. I would be getting 142cm or shorter in a custom tie regardless so that works out.post #716 of 12361/31/13 at 6:28amQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
It's the same as about half of my suits, 3.75" others are 3.5". Drakes ties are notoriously skimpy. I don't mind having ties that are slightly narrower than the lapels. That has been done for ages and I think it looks fine. When your lapels get larger having ties that are just as wide to me looks a bit silly and bib-like. I think when ties are a larger width than lapels it looks horrible, however.
You should stick to that lapel width, anything narrower doesn't look that good.
sprout, I actualy like 8 cm Drakes, I thought that they were too narrow and wished they had been 3.5" but they grew on me and now I actually prefer 8 cm vs. 9 cmpost #717 of 12361/31/13 at 6:39ampost #718 of 12361/31/13 at 7:04ampost #719 of 12361/31/13 at 8:31am
- ***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Suitsupply NYC just now
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 2 seconds ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 32 seconds ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 35 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 8 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 11 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...