or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)*** - Page 47

post #691 of 1161
Thread Starter 
FWIW, I think Franks favorite style to do is the PC type cut. I think I pushed him to go with less structure as the commissions progressed, but when I go back to my first jacket that he made me, it was basically PC style.
post #692 of 1161
Quote:
Bespoke will look different on different bodies hence bespoke, if you're slim, a bespoke suit most probably won't look bulky, if you're top heavy, then it might, as for who to choose, I think if you're willing to pay for a bespoke suit its best to go to a TAILOR rather than a big company on madison avenue. That said, the only way to know if a tailor will work for you is to try them out for one suit and see how that turns out. If it turns out to be you're cup of tea, then stick with them, if not, try someone else.

Thanks for the clarification in terms of body types I am "Dwight Howard" top heavy if that makes in sense. I guess I will have to bite the bullet and give bespoke a try.
Quote:
FWIW, I think Franks favorite style to do is the PC type cut. I think I pushed him to go with less structure as the commissions progressed, but when I go back to my first jacket that he made me, it was basically PC style.

Thanks for the clarification I think I will give both a try.
post #693 of 1161
So ur off the rack size is a 74XL
Dwight howard top heavy is 6'11" with shoulders the size of bowling balls
post #694 of 1161
Went in to pick up some shirts yesterday and saw the barley corn tweed back in the shop; so now I'll be going back up for a first fitting for an odd jacket.
post #695 of 1161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post

So ur off the rack size is a 74XL
Dwight howard top heavy is 6'11" with shoulders the size of bowling balls

I like to front squat and power clean and my shoulders have expanded. I'm setting up something for February i'll be sure to post pics whenever the creation is made.
post #696 of 1161
Goodstuff, enjoy the process
post #697 of 1161




post #698 of 1161

Looks good, PB

post #699 of 1161
The shoulder looks much better on you, you should stop getting that spalla camicia nonsense or whatever they call it.
post #700 of 1161
I'm actually amazed that you didn't rip into the slight sleeve pitch issue on the (my) left arm. devil.gif
post #701 of 1161
PB, is that Harrison's flannel? I know Frank has the book.
post #702 of 1161
Looks perfect! great job
post #703 of 1161
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit50 View Post

In short, I prefer the earlier fitting, overall. Specifically, what you said.
[/quote

I agree. In the final version the button stance seems too low.
Or is it an optical illusion?
post #704 of 1161
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit50 View Post

In short, I prefer the earlier fitting, overall. Specifically, what you said.
[/quote

I agree. In the final version the button stance seems too low.
Or is it an optical illusion?
post #705 of 1161
There is a major "BUG" in the "New" Style Forum.
See above. My entry "metastized" into two.
I have seen this in others' posts. Anyone else have this
happen?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***