Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?Last edited: Yesterday
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)*** - Page 42post #616 of 126410/16/12 at 8:49am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #617 of 126410/16/12 at 8:56ampost #618 of 126410/16/12 at 9:10am
Actually your post was the reason I didn't bring up a 3 roll 2 at all. I deferred to him on a lot of little details that I didn't particularly care about, then I just brought up the barchetta pocket as a question, and he seemed happy to do it and excited I asked. He went in to why he avoids some neapolitan touches but brought up the dimples in the shoulders specifically; I just kind of read in a bit of disappointment that he doesn't get to do it given the context and tone of the conversation, and I could have been mistaken. The only thing where there was any real back and forth was over a 1/4" on the cuffs of the pants, and I didn't push very hard at all and said I would defer to him, which ended up being to go with my request. In general he seemed very accommodating; though my requests were more questions than requests and seemed to end up with him pulling jackets he was working on from the back to see what I preferred and what he thought would work on me. That said, I didn't go in with a certain fit I wanted him to copy, we just had a conversation about what he likes to do, what he thinks would work best for me, and some things I'm drawn to and if they would or wouldn't work for me. He seemed very easy going outside of the cuffs.post #619 of 126410/16/12 at 9:59amSounds like you had a good give and take conversation that you can build on. Frank was easy going with me too and I hope i'm not giving the impression of anything otherwise. I did go in with a very general configuration in mind (3 roll 2 with soft shoulder and wider, straight cut lapels) and I guess he just wanted to do something different (for what seemed like non aesthetic reasons). I think deferring to the tailor is a smart thing to do in many cases, but for me, this didnt seem like one of those cases.post #620 of 126410/16/12 at 10:25ammy faves so far...Quote:
there's one NYR one, but I forgot which it is.post #621 of 126410/17/12 at 11:29amQuote:Originally Posted by Knowledge is King
Sounds like you had a good give and take conversation that you can build on. Frank was easy going with me too and I hope i'm not giving the impression of anything otherwise. I did go in with a very general configuration in mind (3 roll 2 with soft shoulder and wider, straight cut lapels) and I guess he just wanted to do something different (for what seemed like non aesthetic reasons). I think deferring to the tailor is a smart thing to do in many cases, but for me, this didnt seem like one of those cases.
I never mentioned I wanted 3 roll 2, I asked him for a 3 button coat. I just never button the top button, at the end, I asked him to roll the lapel just under the third button. It is more 3 roll 2.5, I don't know why people get 3 roll 2 and don't like it.
You are probably better off to go with a regular shoulder Frank makes if you have sloped shoulders, his neopolitan jacket accentuates sloped shoulders, I actually regret I asked for it. If you have very squared shoulders, you may give it a try.
If you have any questions, feel free to pm.post #622 of 126410/26/12 at 3:23pmThread Starterpost #623 of 126410/26/12 at 6:22pmpost #624 of 126410/27/12 at 8:23pmpost #625 of 126410/27/12 at 9:33pmpost #626 of 126410/27/12 at 10:54pmpost #627 of 126410/28/12 at 6:44ampost #628 of 126411/22/12 at 9:02ampost #629 of 126411/22/12 at 9:05am
- ***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 14 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 14 seconds ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 56 seconds ago
- › FS: NWOT, Cecil Gee London, Made in Italy, Dove Grey Wool Elastique... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Portland Dry Goods [OFFICIAL] Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1