Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread Last post on Today at 1:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- Off the rack or custom made suits and shirts? Last post on 8/19/12 at 2:53am in Classic Menswear
- Anyone planning to attend Bellucci Napoli event next week (or can provide details on this NYC shop)? Last post on 7/30/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- Dark shirt on dark suit? Last post on 8/25/11 at 2:32pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)*** - Page 42post #616 of 118510/16/12 at 8:49am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #617 of 118510/16/12 at 8:56ampost #618 of 118510/16/12 at 9:10am
Actually your post was the reason I didn't bring up a 3 roll 2 at all. I deferred to him on a lot of little details that I didn't particularly care about, then I just brought up the barchetta pocket as a question, and he seemed happy to do it and excited I asked. He went in to why he avoids some neapolitan touches but brought up the dimples in the shoulders specifically; I just kind of read in a bit of disappointment that he doesn't get to do it given the context and tone of the conversation, and I could have been mistaken. The only thing where there was any real back and forth was over a 1/4" on the cuffs of the pants, and I didn't push very hard at all and said I would defer to him, which ended up being to go with my request. In general he seemed very accommodating; though my requests were more questions than requests and seemed to end up with him pulling jackets he was working on from the back to see what I preferred and what he thought would work on me. That said, I didn't go in with a certain fit I wanted him to copy, we just had a conversation about what he likes to do, what he thinks would work best for me, and some things I'm drawn to and if they would or wouldn't work for me. He seemed very easy going outside of the cuffs.post #619 of 118510/16/12 at 9:59amSounds like you had a good give and take conversation that you can build on. Frank was easy going with me too and I hope i'm not giving the impression of anything otherwise. I did go in with a very general configuration in mind (3 roll 2 with soft shoulder and wider, straight cut lapels) and I guess he just wanted to do something different (for what seemed like non aesthetic reasons). I think deferring to the tailor is a smart thing to do in many cases, but for me, this didnt seem like one of those cases.post #620 of 118510/16/12 at 10:25ammy faves so far...Quote:
there's one NYR one, but I forgot which it is.post #621 of 118510/17/12 at 11:29amQuote:Originally Posted by Knowledge is King
Sounds like you had a good give and take conversation that you can build on. Frank was easy going with me too and I hope i'm not giving the impression of anything otherwise. I did go in with a very general configuration in mind (3 roll 2 with soft shoulder and wider, straight cut lapels) and I guess he just wanted to do something different (for what seemed like non aesthetic reasons). I think deferring to the tailor is a smart thing to do in many cases, but for me, this didnt seem like one of those cases.
I never mentioned I wanted 3 roll 2, I asked him for a 3 button coat. I just never button the top button, at the end, I asked him to roll the lapel just under the third button. It is more 3 roll 2.5, I don't know why people get 3 roll 2 and don't like it.
You are probably better off to go with a regular shoulder Frank makes if you have sloped shoulders, his neopolitan jacket accentuates sloped shoulders, I actually regret I asked for it. If you have very squared shoulders, you may give it a try.
If you have any questions, feel free to pm.post #622 of 118510/26/12 at 3:23pmThread Starterpost #623 of 118510/26/12 at 6:22pmpost #624 of 118510/27/12 at 8:23pmpost #625 of 118510/27/12 at 9:33pmpost #626 of 118510/27/12 at 10:54pmpost #627 of 118510/28/12 at 6:44ampost #628 of 118511/22/12 at 9:02ampost #629 of 118511/22/12 at 9:05am
- ***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 25 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 2 minutes ago
- › W+H Primaloft Green combat vest Med 2 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Bespoke Tommy Nutter EU46 UK36 red Irish tweed (price drop) 7 minutes ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 9 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...