Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:21 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- Off the rack or custom made suits and shirts? Last post on 8/19/12 at 2:53am in Classic Menswear
- Anyone planning to attend Bellucci Napoli event next week (or can provide details on this NYC shop)? Last post on 7/30/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/10/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)*** - Page 40post #586 of 123610/11/12 at 5:57pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #587 of 123610/11/12 at 8:36pmpost #588 of 123610/11/12 at 8:44pmpost #589 of 123610/11/12 at 8:45pmpost #590 of 123610/11/12 at 9:03pmpost #591 of 123610/11/12 at 9:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
I told Frank about your misfortune when I saw him yesterday. He claims it is good luck.
Be careful with overly confident dry cleaners. I used a "reputable" one to bring a tie. I told them after cleaning a stain to only steam and don't press it flat so it is creased on the sides. She balked at me, "of course, we know, we are professionals!" Well, they professionally sucked.
I had the same experience with one of the most expensive and highly recommended cleaners in LA. They brushed off my concerns about the lapel pressing when I dropped off a suit, insisting that my worries were ridiculous. Then when I picked up the suit and immediately noticed the flat pressed lapels, the clerk was indignant and insisted that "they know what they're doing, they wouldn't have done that if it wasn't already like that when you brought it in." To be fair, the bratty response was from a teenage daughter working the register on a weekend, and they steamed and reshaped the crease on the spot while I waited. Still, I haven't had any jacket dry cleaned for years now. I avoid low flying birds.post #592 of 123610/12/12 at 10:15amQuote:Originally Posted by Axelman 17
Two pics from my latest fitting with Frank. Fabric is a 13/14oz Harrisons woolen flannel:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looks awesome Axel.
I was at Ercoles last weekend for my first venture in to bespoke and have my first fitting the first weekend of November. I ordered a shirt as well with the PBooth collar; Jeremy is quite the salesman. The shirts could easily turn in to an expensive habit if they turn out well. I'll try to take and post pics from the fittings since this thread was so helpful for me.
Also, thanks to NYR for all the help.post #593 of 123610/12/12 at 2:20pmQuote:Have you considered using Rave?Originally Posted by Baron
I had the same experience with one of the most expensive and highly recommended cleaners in LA. They brushed off my concerns about the lapel pressing when I dropped off a suit, insisting that my worries were ridiculous. Then when I picked up the suit and immediately noticed the flat pressed lapels, the clerk was indignant and insisted that "they know what they're doing, they wouldn't have done that if it wasn't already like that when you brought it in." To be fair, the bratty response was from a teenage daughter working the register on a weekend, and they steamed and reshaped the crease on the spot while I waited. Still, I haven't had any jacket dry cleaned for years now. I avoid low flying birds.post #594 of 123610/12/12 at 4:28pmpost #595 of 123610/13/12 at 1:24pmpost #596 of 123610/14/12 at 3:06pmpost #597 of 123610/14/12 at 4:33pmpost #598 of 123610/15/12 at 5:45ampost #599 of 123610/15/12 at 6:31amQuote:Originally Posted by jacksonvillian
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think this looks good but would benefit from more cut-away quarters, particularly on the first coat. Right now the jacket has a Y shape whereas I like something more )( . I have encountered the same issue on some of my stuff from Frank, I think his natural tendency is to cut something with your quarters.
- ***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 7 seconds ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 2 minutes ago
- › 2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Warby Parker Sunglasses - New with box 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina Austerity Brogue Size 7 UK Simpson Last 7 minutes ago
- › APC X KANYE Jeans/Workshirt/Hoodie/Tshirt/Biker Pants FIRST AND... 8 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...