Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 4/20/15 at 12:03pm in Classic Menswear
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:27 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:55 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)*** - Page 40post #586 of 124310/11/12 at 5:57pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #587 of 124310/11/12 at 8:36pmpost #588 of 124310/11/12 at 8:44pmpost #589 of 124310/11/12 at 8:45pmpost #590 of 124310/11/12 at 9:03pmpost #591 of 124310/11/12 at 9:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
I told Frank about your misfortune when I saw him yesterday. He claims it is good luck.
Be careful with overly confident dry cleaners. I used a "reputable" one to bring a tie. I told them after cleaning a stain to only steam and don't press it flat so it is creased on the sides. She balked at me, "of course, we know, we are professionals!" Well, they professionally sucked.
I had the same experience with one of the most expensive and highly recommended cleaners in LA. They brushed off my concerns about the lapel pressing when I dropped off a suit, insisting that my worries were ridiculous. Then when I picked up the suit and immediately noticed the flat pressed lapels, the clerk was indignant and insisted that "they know what they're doing, they wouldn't have done that if it wasn't already like that when you brought it in." To be fair, the bratty response was from a teenage daughter working the register on a weekend, and they steamed and reshaped the crease on the spot while I waited. Still, I haven't had any jacket dry cleaned for years now. I avoid low flying birds.post #592 of 124310/12/12 at 10:15amQuote:Originally Posted by Axelman 17
Two pics from my latest fitting with Frank. Fabric is a 13/14oz Harrisons woolen flannel:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looks awesome Axel.
I was at Ercoles last weekend for my first venture in to bespoke and have my first fitting the first weekend of November. I ordered a shirt as well with the PBooth collar; Jeremy is quite the salesman. The shirts could easily turn in to an expensive habit if they turn out well. I'll try to take and post pics from the fittings since this thread was so helpful for me.
Also, thanks to NYR for all the help.post #593 of 124310/12/12 at 2:20pmQuote:Have you considered using Rave?Originally Posted by Baron
I had the same experience with one of the most expensive and highly recommended cleaners in LA. They brushed off my concerns about the lapel pressing when I dropped off a suit, insisting that my worries were ridiculous. Then when I picked up the suit and immediately noticed the flat pressed lapels, the clerk was indignant and insisted that "they know what they're doing, they wouldn't have done that if it wasn't already like that when you brought it in." To be fair, the bratty response was from a teenage daughter working the register on a weekend, and they steamed and reshaped the crease on the spot while I waited. Still, I haven't had any jacket dry cleaned for years now. I avoid low flying birds.post #594 of 124310/12/12 at 4:28pmpost #595 of 124310/13/12 at 1:24pmpost #596 of 124310/14/12 at 3:06pmpost #597 of 124310/14/12 at 4:33pmpost #598 of 124310/15/12 at 5:45ampost #599 of 124310/15/12 at 6:31amQuote:Originally Posted by jacksonvillian
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think this looks good but would benefit from more cut-away quarters, particularly on the first coat. Right now the jacket has a Y shape whereas I like something more )( . I have encountered the same issue on some of my stuff from Frank, I think his natural tendency is to cut something with your quarters.
- ***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 21 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 1 minute ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 2 minutes ago
- › shirt shrinkage 3 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 3 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 7 minutes ago
- › Folded Up Shirt P0rn 11 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 14 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 20 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 24 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan