Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread Last post on Today at 5:38 pm in Classic Menswear
- Off the rack or custom made suits and shirts? Last post on 8/19/12 at 2:53am in Classic Menswear
- Anyone planning to attend Bellucci Napoli event next week (or can provide details on this NYC shop)? Last post on 7/30/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- Dark shirt on dark suit? Last post on 8/25/11 at 2:32pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)*** - Page 40post #586 of 115810/11/12 at 5:57pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #587 of 115810/11/12 at 8:36pmpost #588 of 115810/11/12 at 8:44pmpost #589 of 115810/11/12 at 8:45pmpost #590 of 115810/11/12 at 9:03pmpost #591 of 115810/11/12 at 9:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
I told Frank about your misfortune when I saw him yesterday. He claims it is good luck.
Be careful with overly confident dry cleaners. I used a "reputable" one to bring a tie. I told them after cleaning a stain to only steam and don't press it flat so it is creased on the sides. She balked at me, "of course, we know, we are professionals!" Well, they professionally sucked.
I had the same experience with one of the most expensive and highly recommended cleaners in LA. They brushed off my concerns about the lapel pressing when I dropped off a suit, insisting that my worries were ridiculous. Then when I picked up the suit and immediately noticed the flat pressed lapels, the clerk was indignant and insisted that "they know what they're doing, they wouldn't have done that if it wasn't already like that when you brought it in." To be fair, the bratty response was from a teenage daughter working the register on a weekend, and they steamed and reshaped the crease on the spot while I waited. Still, I haven't had any jacket dry cleaned for years now. I avoid low flying birds.post #592 of 115810/12/12 at 10:15amQuote:Originally Posted by Axelman 17
Two pics from my latest fitting with Frank. Fabric is a 13/14oz Harrisons woolen flannel:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looks awesome Axel.
I was at Ercoles last weekend for my first venture in to bespoke and have my first fitting the first weekend of November. I ordered a shirt as well with the PBooth collar; Jeremy is quite the salesman. The shirts could easily turn in to an expensive habit if they turn out well. I'll try to take and post pics from the fittings since this thread was so helpful for me.
Also, thanks to NYR for all the help.post #593 of 115810/12/12 at 2:20pmQuote:Have you considered using Rave?Originally Posted by Baron
I had the same experience with one of the most expensive and highly recommended cleaners in LA. They brushed off my concerns about the lapel pressing when I dropped off a suit, insisting that my worries were ridiculous. Then when I picked up the suit and immediately noticed the flat pressed lapels, the clerk was indignant and insisted that "they know what they're doing, they wouldn't have done that if it wasn't already like that when you brought it in." To be fair, the bratty response was from a teenage daughter working the register on a weekend, and they steamed and reshaped the crease on the spot while I waited. Still, I haven't had any jacket dry cleaned for years now. I avoid low flying birds.post #594 of 115810/12/12 at 4:28pmpost #595 of 115810/13/12 at 1:24pmpost #596 of 115810/14/12 at 3:06pmpost #597 of 115810/14/12 at 4:33pmpost #598 of 115810/15/12 at 5:45ampost #599 of 115810/15/12 at 6:31amQuote:Originally Posted by jacksonvillian
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think this looks good but would benefit from more cut-away quarters, particularly on the first coat. Right now the jacket has a Y shape whereas I like something more )( . I have encountered the same issue on some of my stuff from Frank, I think his natural tendency is to cut something with your quarters.
- ***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Australian Members 58 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › is it okay to wear allen edmonds shell cambridge in burgundy with... 5 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones Harlech MTO - Whiskey Cordovan - UPDATE 09/25/13 6 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 7 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 8 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)