or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)*** - Page 24

post #346 of 1185
Just got back from my fittings. The trousers needed to be let out by 5cm.
post #347 of 1185
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Just got back from my fittings. The trousers needed to be let out by 5cm.

5 cm?confused.gif That is either a serious mismeasurment or some waistline enhancement of :foo:ish proportions
post #348 of 1185
Quote:
Originally Posted by romafan View Post

5 cm?confused.gif That is either a serious mismeasurment or some waistline enhancement of :foo:ish proportions

Or something else entirely. foo.gif
post #349 of 1185
I think you're having a bad hair day.
post #350 of 1185
Just to make you all jealous, he said both suits will be finished next Wednesday. Fa-la-la!
post #351 of 1185
Thread Starter 
Slewfoot's special, quarter lined, pants will be fitted net weekend:
67aaad5d.jpg
08e5f51a.jpg
ff98e57a.jpg
post #352 of 1185
Looks good,I like the color a lot!
post #353 of 1185
Second fitting pictures, comments are welcome. I am thinking to lower the hip patch pockets a bit, they seem too high to my eyes. Also,it seems that the back is longer than front (at least to my eye), could this be balance issue?

247

467
post #354 of 1185
Hm, for it to be a balance issue I think it would help to see the whole back, but I don't think it is a balance issues. A long back balance usually makes the fronts of the coat pull together and ripple horizontally in the back. Ithink this could just be a matter of adding and subtracting at the hem around the skirt. Maybe Despos will chime in.
post #355 of 1185
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex 
Also, it seems that the back is longer than front (at least to my eye), could this be balance issue?

I'm far from an expert but I agree re: it being a balance issue. If the back was 'pulled up' a bit, the vents would most likely close flat.
post #356 of 1185
I don't know, to me those vents are closed, but the nipped waist is giving it a strange illusion.
post #357 of 1185
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by forex 
Also, it seems that the back is longer than front (at least to my eye), could this be balance issue?

I'm far from an expert but I agree re: it being a balance issue. If the back was 'pulled up' a bit, the vents would most likely close flat.

Do you envision a marionette-esque solution for forex?
post #358 of 1185
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Hm, for it to be a balance issue I think it would help to see the whole back, but I don't think it is a balance issues. A long back balance usually makes the fronts of the coat pull together and ripple horizontally in the back. Ithink this could just be a matter of adding and subtracting at the hem around the skirt. Maybe Despos will chime in.



Hard to tell from these pictures
post #359 of 1185
I'll lower the pocket placement a touch and have another fitting,we will see if it can be fixed.I think I see the same thing on NYRs jacket but it is more pronounced on mine.
post #360 of 1185
Thread Starter 
Maybe its the angle of the shot that makes the back appear longer? As far as the pockets, they seem to be on your hips. I know most guys like the patch pockets lower, I'd rather them on my hip...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***