Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- Off the rack or custom made suits and shirts? Last post on 8/19/12 at 2:53am in Classic Menswear
- Anyone planning to attend Bellucci Napoli event next week (or can provide details on this NYC shop)? Last post on 7/30/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/10/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)*** - Page 14post #196 of 12361/28/12 at 2:53pmThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #197 of 12361/30/12 at 5:35amQuote:
Frank calls this a rivetted shoulder. Rob correct me if I am wrong. I have it on one suit. I think a nice alternative to the straight up neapolitan shoulder is open round, where the seam is pressed open with just a bit of wadding. I also have this an another suit. Rivitted is a little more dense in the sleevehead, almost a slight rope. Open round is natural looking, soft and as A&S would say, "breaks down over time".post #198 of 12361/30/12 at 5:37ampost #199 of 12361/30/12 at 7:39ampost #200 of 12361/30/12 at 8:52ampost #201 of 12361/30/12 at 8:54ampost #202 of 12361/30/12 at 9:09amQuote:
I asked her to cut longer coats and she said she would, we will see how they turn out. Better not be short.
I see I am not the only one who thinks the coat is short.
Edited by forex - 1/30/12 at 9:23ampost #203 of 12361/30/12 at 9:10ampost #204 of 12362/6/12 at 10:52ampost #205 of 12362/6/12 at 11:15ampost #206 of 12362/6/12 at 11:19amQuote:
He probably could have done it faster if I bothered him more, but the weather here has been so mild that I didn't mind holding onto some cash for longer,post #207 of 12362/6/12 at 11:53amThread Starterpost #208 of 12362/6/12 at 11:55am
Mina will happily cut a longer coat on request, and does so well. Its also worth noting that Mina's shorter coat does look better balanced that the one shown - the Neapolitan cut does account for the shorter length by pushing everything else upward - a higher buttoning point, gorge, pockets etc. Imo, its a more harmonious look.
PB: That being said, your Ercole doesn't look bad at all - a dead-on shot would be more helpful in assesing fit. You may also want to think about incorporating some of the Neapolitan elements discussed above on your next suit.post #209 of 12362/6/12 at 11:55amQuote:
I was in the Manhattan shop. I cannot get to the Brooklyn shop during the week with work and whatnot. I assure you that my coat in comparison to yours is rather yawn-worthy.
- ***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran... 19 seconds ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran... 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 3 minutes ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran in... 4 minutes ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran in... 5 minutes ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran in... 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 9 minutes ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran in... 9 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 10 minutes ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran in... 10 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...