or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)*** - Page 14

post #196 of 1158
Thread Starter 
One shoulder is totally unpadded and the other basically just has the cap on it to account for the drop.
post #197 of 1158
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post

^^How does he make your shoulders? Any padding or is it unpadded with some wadding at the sleeve cap?

Frank calls this a rivetted shoulder. Rob correct me if I am wrong. I have it on one suit. I think a nice alternative to the straight up neapolitan shoulder is open round, where the seam is pressed open with just a bit of wadding. I also have this an another suit. Rivitted is a little more dense in the sleevehead, almost a slight rope. Open round is natural looking, soft and as A&S would say, "breaks down over time".
post #198 of 1158
Marginally better pictures of my latest:

d1bf149d.jpg
7cc5f65d.jpg
d7fa0091.jpg
post #199 of 1158
^^The jacket looks too short to me but the sleeves in the last shot look very good.
post #200 of 1158
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post

^^The jacket looks too short to me but the sleeves in the last shot look very good.

post some shots of your commissions.
post #201 of 1158
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post

^^The jacket looks too short to me but the sleeves in the last shot look very good.

If you think this is short, wait until you get your Mina suits.
post #202 of 1158
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

If you think this is short, wait until you get your Mina suits.

I asked her to cut longer coats and she said she would, we will see how they turn out. Better not be short.
I see I am not the only one who thinks the coat is short. biggrin.gif
Edited by forex - 1/30/12 at 9:23am
post #203 of 1158
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruff View Post

post some shots of your commissions.

Nothing to post yet, all in the works. I will, once I get something finished.
post #204 of 1158
Frank just called me, my coat is ready for pickup on wednesday. Looking forward to it. On my fitting on Friday I met some really cool gents at his space. Shot the shit for several hours.
post #205 of 1158
^^^That was fast, pB. At least it seems like a quick turnaround time to me. Look forward to seeing the pics.
post #206 of 1158
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post

^^^That was fast, pB. At least it seems like a quick turnaround time to me. Look forward to seeing the pics.

He probably could have done it faster if I bothered him more, but the weather here has been so mild that I didn't mind holding onto some cash for longer, laugh.gif
post #207 of 1158
Thread Starter 
My pickup is scheduled for Tuesday. I actually swung by Brooklyn Friday for a fitting with Ercole...I always meet great people at the shop...

Will be interesting to see different coats made at the same time!
post #208 of 1158



Quote:

Originally Posted by forex View Post


I asked her to cut longer coats and she said she would, we will see how they turn out. Better not be short.
I see I am not the only one who thinks the coat is short. biggrin.gif


Mina will happily cut a longer coat on request, and does so well. Its also worth noting that Mina's shorter coat does look better balanced that the one shown - the Neapolitan cut does account for the shorter length by pushing everything else upward - a higher buttoning point, gorge, pockets etc. Imo, its a more harmonious look.

 

PB: That being said, your Ercole doesn't look bad at all - a dead-on shot would be more helpful in assesing fit. You may also want to think about incorporating some of the Neapolitan elements discussed above on your next suit.

post #209 of 1158
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

My pickup is scheduled for Tuesday. I actually swung by Brooklyn Friday for a fitting with Ercole...I always meet great people at the shop...
Will be interesting to see different coats made at the same time!

I was in the Manhattan shop. I cannot get to the Brooklyn shop during the week with work and whatnot. I assure you that my coat in comparison to yours is rather yawn-worthy.
post #210 of 1158
nvm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***