Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- Off the rack or custom made suits and shirts? Last post on 8/19/12 at 2:53am in Classic Menswear
- Anyone planning to attend Bellucci Napoli event next week (or can provide details on this NYC shop)? Last post on 7/30/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- Dark shirt on dark suit? Last post on 8/25/11 at 2:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Going to a wedding: Need help picking outfit! Last post on 8/10/11 at 11:35am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)*** - Page 14post #196 of 11581/28/12 at 2:53pmThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #197 of 11581/30/12 at 5:35amQuote:
Frank calls this a rivetted shoulder. Rob correct me if I am wrong. I have it on one suit. I think a nice alternative to the straight up neapolitan shoulder is open round, where the seam is pressed open with just a bit of wadding. I also have this an another suit. Rivitted is a little more dense in the sleevehead, almost a slight rope. Open round is natural looking, soft and as A&S would say, "breaks down over time".post #198 of 11581/30/12 at 5:37ampost #199 of 11581/30/12 at 7:39ampost #200 of 11581/30/12 at 8:52ampost #201 of 11581/30/12 at 8:54ampost #202 of 11581/30/12 at 9:09amQuote:
I asked her to cut longer coats and she said she would, we will see how they turn out. Better not be short.
I see I am not the only one who thinks the coat is short.
Edited by forex - 1/30/12 at 9:23ampost #203 of 11581/30/12 at 9:10ampost #204 of 11582/6/12 at 10:52ampost #205 of 11582/6/12 at 11:15ampost #206 of 11582/6/12 at 11:19amQuote:
He probably could have done it faster if I bothered him more, but the weather here has been so mild that I didn't mind holding onto some cash for longer,post #207 of 11582/6/12 at 11:53amThread Starterpost #208 of 11582/6/12 at 11:55am
Mina will happily cut a longer coat on request, and does so well. Its also worth noting that Mina's shorter coat does look better balanced that the one shown - the Neapolitan cut does account for the shorter length by pushing everything else upward - a higher buttoning point, gorge, pockets etc. Imo, its a more harmonious look.
PB: That being said, your Ercole doesn't look bad at all - a dead-on shot would be more helpful in assesing fit. You may also want to think about incorporating some of the Neapolitan elements discussed above on your next suit.post #209 of 11582/6/12 at 11:55amQuote:
I was in the Manhattan shop. I cannot get to the Brooklyn shop during the week with work and whatnot. I assure you that my coat in comparison to yours is rather yawn-worthy.
- ***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › Let's discuss: COS, Collection of Style 1 minute ago
- › Motorcycles 2 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Gitman Brothers Vintage 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 5 minutes ago
- › Harry Rosen Bespoke Ecru Beige Suit 150s 42R 6 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)