Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 4/20/15 at 12:03pm in Classic Menswear
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:10 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 6:07 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)*** - Page 14post #196 of 12441/28/12 at 2:53pmThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #197 of 12441/30/12 at 5:35amQuote:
Frank calls this a rivetted shoulder. Rob correct me if I am wrong. I have it on one suit. I think a nice alternative to the straight up neapolitan shoulder is open round, where the seam is pressed open with just a bit of wadding. I also have this an another suit. Rivitted is a little more dense in the sleevehead, almost a slight rope. Open round is natural looking, soft and as A&S would say, "breaks down over time".post #198 of 12441/30/12 at 5:37ampost #199 of 12441/30/12 at 7:39ampost #200 of 12441/30/12 at 8:52ampost #201 of 12441/30/12 at 8:54ampost #202 of 12441/30/12 at 9:09amQuote:
I asked her to cut longer coats and she said she would, we will see how they turn out. Better not be short.
I see I am not the only one who thinks the coat is short.
Edited by forex - 1/30/12 at 9:23ampost #203 of 12441/30/12 at 9:10ampost #204 of 12442/6/12 at 10:52ampost #205 of 12442/6/12 at 11:15ampost #206 of 12442/6/12 at 11:19amQuote:
He probably could have done it faster if I bothered him more, but the weather here has been so mild that I didn't mind holding onto some cash for longer,post #207 of 12442/6/12 at 11:53amThread Starterpost #208 of 12442/6/12 at 11:55am
Mina will happily cut a longer coat on request, and does so well. Its also worth noting that Mina's shorter coat does look better balanced that the one shown - the Neapolitan cut does account for the shorter length by pushing everything else upward - a higher buttoning point, gorge, pockets etc. Imo, its a more harmonious look.
PB: That being said, your Ercole doesn't look bad at all - a dead-on shot would be more helpful in assesing fit. You may also want to think about incorporating some of the Neapolitan elements discussed above on your next suit.post #209 of 12442/6/12 at 11:55amQuote:
I was in the Manhattan shop. I cannot get to the Brooklyn shop during the week with work and whatnot. I assure you that my coat in comparison to yours is rather yawn-worthy.
- ***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Viberg Boots 49 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › The Official VINTAGE T SHIRT KNOWLEDGE THREAD. 4 minutes ago
- › CBD WAYWRN: An Experiment 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...