or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)*** - Page 2

post #16 of 1185
I'd say Rob is like family over there. Frank has done multiple alterations for me, some quite extensive....always fair with $. I just got a DB suit done in H&S nailhead - really quite a ton of handwork and details for $1,800.
I recommend him highly. Will post fit pics soon.
post #17 of 1185
Thanks for posting the link - nice quick read
post #18 of 1185
Would love to know how his suits fit on the first go.
post #19 of 1185
Thread Starter 
My first garment fit better than any RTW ever fit me. Each progressive garment's fit got better and better, pants included.

FYI, spoke with Frank about the amount of handwork, his response:

"Canvas is put in by hand, suit is hand cut, try on is hand basted, button holes done by hand, all top stitching done by hand, lining sealed by hand, sleeve is set in by hand, under collar put in by hand, seams are put together y machine but by hand operator."

Don't know what % that constitutes, but I have a feeling its mostly hand made.
post #20 of 1185
Thanks Rob - think the article would have benefited from more pics of his shop and work..
post #21 of 1185
Thanks for posting, Rob. A relationship with a good tailor is a beautiful thing.
post #22 of 1185
Calabrese!
post #23 of 1185
Ranger - These suits take forever to make - must have some handwork.

- Bull. Probably machined and fused.

Ranger - Nah but the suits are made by humble people in humble environs, so it's possible that there's a good amount of handwork.

- Impossible! Foo angry now! Foo pay 6 grand for LH and you pay paltry sum for shit "bespoke" - Ercoreez not handmade! You lie! Foo want cagematch to defend LH honor!

Ranger - Relax, we both married Jewesses...can't we have some bagels/lox/schmears/Manischewitz wine and just cool out? Happy Chanukah.

- Foo no cool out! Ercoreez not handmade! *pops blood vessel*

Ranger - OK dude, fair enough. Machined and fused.

Fin.
post #24 of 1185
Quote:
Originally Posted by artoftime View Post
I'd say Rob is like family over there. Frank has done multiple alterations for me, some quite extensive....always fair with $. I just got a DB suit done in H&S nailhead - really quite a ton of handwork and details for $1,800.
I recommend him highly. Will post fit pics soon.

He's like your guys local version of Rizzo except he seems more agreeable and up to date with the styles.

I might have to give him a try, plus it looks like he will be in business for a while given that his son is on board.
post #25 of 1185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull View Post
Ranger - These suits take forever to make - must have some handwork.

- Bull. Probably machined and fused.

Ranger - Nah but the suits are made by humble people in humble environs, so it's possible that there's a good amount of handwork.

- Impossible! Foo angry now! Foo pay 6 grand for LH and you pay paltry sum for shit "bespoke" - Ercoreez not handmade! You lie! Foo want cagematch to defend LH honor!

Ranger - Relax, we both married Jewesses...can't we have some bagels/lox/schmears/Manischewitz wine and just cool out? Happy Chanukah.

- Foo no cool out! Ercoreez not handmade! *pops blood vessel*

Ranger - OK dude, fair enough. Machined and fused.

Fin.

priceless
post #26 of 1185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull View Post
Ranger - These suits take forever to make - must have some handwork.

- Bull. Probably machined and fused.

Ranger - Nah but the suits are made by humble people in humble environs, so it's possible that there's a good amount of handwork.

- Impossible! Foo angry now! Foo pay 6 grand for LH and you pay paltry sum for shit "bespoke" - Ercoreez not handmade! You lie! Foo want cagematch to defend LH honor!

Ranger - Relax, we both married Jewesses...can't we have some bagels/lox/schmears/Manischewitz wine and just cool out? Happy Chanukah.

- Foo no cool out! Ercoreez not handmade! *pops blood vessel*

Ranger - OK dude, fair enough. Machined and fused.

Fin.


This is funny as shit and yes,I agree with this
post #27 of 1185
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
I enjoyed the article...almost as much as the collage of A-list celebs that are Jews, like me.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post
Happy Channukah man! Great thing about marrying a Jewish girl is that we celebrate EVERYTHING! Nothing like a tray of sloppies and smokies on a cold December morning, with bagels.lox and c/c.

+1 to the great culinary benefits of mixed marriage. My better half has observed that that there must something about being Jewish that eliminates all the aggravation of getting the Christmas tree in the stand. Happy holidays, gents!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull View Post
Ranger - These suits take forever to make - must have some handwork.

- Bull. Probably machined and fused.

Ranger - Nah but the suits are made by humble people in humble environs, so it's possible that there's a good amount of handwork.

- Impossible! Foo angry now! Foo pay 6 grand for LH and you pay paltry sum for shit "bespoke" - Ercoreez not handmade! You lie! Foo want cagematch to defend LH honor!

Ranger - Relax, we both married Jewesses...can't we have some bagels/lox/schmears/Manischewitz wine and just cool out? Happy Chanukah.

- Foo no cool out! Ercoreez not handmade! *pops blood vessel*

Ranger - OK dude, fair enough. Machined and fused.

Fin.

truly priceless.
post #28 of 1185
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post
My first garment fit better than any RTW ever fit me. Each progressive garment's fit got better and better, pants included.

FYI, spoke with Frank about the amount of handwork, his response:

"Canvas is put in by hand, suit is hand cut, try on is hand basted, button holes done by hand, all top stitching done by hand, lining sealed by hand, sleeve is set in by hand, under collar put in by hand, seams are put together y machine but by hand operator."

Don't know what % that constitutes, but I have a feeling its mostly hand made.

Rob,

Thanks for posting. I would really love to give them a try. Also thanks for not making this a 40 page thread on divots.

Illegitimi non carborundum.
post #29 of 1185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post
Rob,

Thanks for posting. I would really love to give them a try. Also thanks for not making this a 40 page thread on divots.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Rob, "Burton" and I be toasting you (and Bull) at the holiday hotel lobby crawl on the 18th.
post #30 of 1185
Quote:
Originally Posted by ld111134 View Post
Rob, "Burton" and I be toasting you (and Bull) at the holiday hotel lobby crawl on the 18th.

I will do everything I can to make it. Sounds like a blast. Let's hope for some Chicago weather similar to what we have right now - sunny and positively cool.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***