Do you recommend one location over the other?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)*** - Page 85post #1262 of 12661/6/16 at 7:17ampost #1263 of 12661/18/16 at 11:41ampost #1264 of 12661/31/16 at 9:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Grammaton Cleric
My recent experience has been that it's incredibly difficult and frustrating to drive anything despite staying on top of them. There appears to be virtually no concept of customer service and Frank is increasingly unresponsive and somewhat arrogant in dealings. He continues to be a nice guy during in person encounters, but good luck getting him to follow through on much.
It's nice to see how their business has grown over the past few years, but that growth has come at a cost. I'd stay away.
Thought I'd chime in here as I've just picked up my most recent order (MTM overcoat, ordered in Brooklyn). I've had a few different orders over the past few years and wanted to give some context on how customer service (at least in Brooklyn i.e. not through Scott) has evolved over time. Long story short - the beginning of last year was a low and things are now back to running pretty smoothly.
From when I started seeing Frank until around the end of 2014, Jeremy who worked in the shop was incredibly proactive in terms of communication between visits and in the shop was able to advise on and take orders himself (for existing patterns; he was neither a fitter nor cutter). When Jeremy left, whoever he hired was ... less helpful than having no one, I think. Anyway, that person was gone after about a month and her replacement is much better at reaching out between appointments. Until the middle of last year I had to stay on top of orders and reach out proactively to see if things were ready and if I should make appointments to come in, but since the fall communication from the shop has been much better and I'm comfortable again not having to worry about my orders and just responding when they email me. My impression from talking with Frank is that there have been some changes to the process to smooth things for Manhattan customers as well, but those I can't speak to.
In the Jeremy era he kept things organized enough that I was able to alternate appointments between the two locations based on my schedule, but going forward I will be sticking with Brooklyn in the hopes of keeping things reliable.post #1265 of 12667/15/16 at 4:01pm
Finally got the pics back from my wedding. Ercole bespoke 3-pc sharkskin. I loved it, wife loved it and hopefully I will have many more opportunities to wear it.
Have always had decent Customer Service though I will agree Jeremy was fantastic. Have not visited since Dec 2015 and it was getting better back then.
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
- › Oni Awa Shoai Natural Indigo 19 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 7 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 9 minutes ago
- › Are Huntsman prices fully justified? 10 minutes ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...