or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)*** - Page 75

post #1111 of 1185
It's no-man's-land out there. Kind of like culture shock, actually. Then again I'm just a gentrifying yuppie so what do I know?
post #1112 of 1185
Quote:
Originally Posted by etostano View Post

Heading out there Saturday afternoon for a fitting - anything else worth doing in the neighborhood?

Gold Star bakery two doors down is about as old-skool as they come, and the tomato focaccia is delicious. Ask Frank about his favorite pizza place, and I'm sure you wont be disappointed.
post #1113 of 1185
Crappy fit pics, but its all I got until I get something better



post #1114 of 1185
It's a sportcoat, right?
post #1115 of 1185
No it's a two piece, that's just the jacket I'm trying on.
post #1116 of 1185
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

It's no-man's-land out there. Kind of like culture shock, actually. Then again I'm just a gentrifying yuppie so what do I know?

Just cause none of the stuff is new and expensive doesn't mean there aren't awesome options out there...in fact, I'd argue to say that the "authentic" Brooklyn is much better (gastronomically) than hipster Brooklyn. Gold Star rules, but on 15th Avenue is Lionis and Papa Pasquales...both have great heros, and great mozz. PP has home made macaroni, and ravioli thats second to no one. A bit further down on 86th in Gravesend is L&B Spumoni Gardens, a Brooklyn institution with the best Sicilian anywhere and great Spumoni. 18th Avenue has some great shops too, Frank and Sals has a boatload of imported Italian foods you'd be hardpressed to find anywhere else and a great butcher counter. Since its around Easter, you may get to see some Cabozzel...(Capozella for the folks who speak Italian and not Sicilian or Napulitan...but they might look at you funny for pronouncing it like that).
post #1117 of 1185
Great stuff NYI - keep those recs coming!
post #1118 of 1185
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkIslander View Post

Just cause none of the stuff is new and expensive doesn't mean there aren't awesome options out there...in fact, I'd argue to say that the "authentic" Brooklyn is much better (gastronomically) than hipster Brooklyn. Gold Star rules, but on 15th Avenue is Lionis and Papa Pasquales...both have great heros, and great mozz. PP has home made macaroni, and ravioli thats second to no one. A bit further down on 86th in Gravesend is L&B Spumoni Gardens, a Brooklyn institution with the best Sicilian anywhere and great Spumoni. 18th Avenue has some great shops too, Frank and Sals has a boatload of imported Italian foods you'd be hardpressed to find anywhere else and a great butcher counter. Since its around Easter, you may get to see some Cabozzel...(Capozella for the folks who speak Italian and not Sicilian or Napulitan...but they might look at you funny for pronouncing it like that).



L&B Spumoni Gardens is amazing!
post #1119 of 1185
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkIslander View Post

Just cause none of the stuff is new and expensive doesn't mean there aren't awesome options out there...in fact, I'd argue to say that the "authentic" Brooklyn is much better (gastronomically) than hipster Brooklyn. Gold Star rules, but on 15th Avenue is Lionis and Papa Pasquales...both have great heros, and great mozz. PP has home made macaroni, and ravioli thats second to no one. A bit further down on 86th in Gravesend is L&B Spumoni Gardens, a Brooklyn institution with the best Sicilian anywhere and great Spumoni. 18th Avenue has some great shops too, Frank and Sals has a boatload of imported Italian foods you'd be hardpressed to find anywhere else and a great butcher counter. Since its around Easter, you may get to see some Cabozzel...(Capozella for the folks who speak Italian and not Sicilian or Napulitan...but they might look at you funny for pronouncing it like that).
I was only kidding, Rob. smile.gif
post #1120 of 1185
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I was only kidding, Rob. smile.gif

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #1121 of 1185
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkIslander View Post

Gold Star rules, but on 15th Avenue is Lionis and Papa Pasquales...both have great heros, and great mozz. PP has home made macaroni, and ravioli thats second to no one.

I am dying to get to Lioni's. I'm due back at Ercole's in a few weeks...want to meet for a hero? I may go the bespoke route, though (of course!): bresaola, fried eggplant, fresh mozz, stuffed peppers, arugula and balsamic vinegar.

post #1122 of 1185

Can 2nd on the great bakeries in the area. Have not tried the food but given the neighborhood I assume it's just as good.  Sunny day today so I'm wearing my latest from Ercole. Beautiful shirt with color-matched stitching on the buttons (suggested by one of the staff). French front, semi spread BD collar. Had the collar points made about 1/4 inch shorter for me. Great work as

usual.

 

I am trying to get out to the BK shop for a suit in the next month so I will definitely try out the eateries recommended above.

post #1123 of 1185
Here's a slightly better photo of my latest. I think I'm going to get the waist nipped a bit more.

916B03BD-5E33-4849-AC6B-DC744B809D79_zpszouhjxy1.jpg
D661B568-13DE-4849-81AA-CCBAD8FD68E0_zpsvfirvx8r.jpg
post #1124 of 1185
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Here's a slightly better photo of my latest. I think I'm going to get the waist nipped a bit more.

916B03BD-5E33-4849-AC6B-DC744B809D79_zpszouhjxy1.jpg
D661B568-13DE-4849-81AA-CCBAD8FD68E0_zpsvfirvx8r.jpg

This is awesome

post #1125 of 1185
Pb, waist looks good, i wouldn't touch a thing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***