or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread - Page 7

post #91 of 4839
Okay, I forgive them for the whole making Drogo a rapist thing. Now its like "he respects strength" thing, which fits, and as long as Dany is strong and sort of stands up to him, he'll respect her, making their character development work.
post #92 of 4839
I was kind of a kid when I originally read the books, and watching the second episode has me reconsidering the merits of GRRM's entire series.

In a 5-minute span we have a touching subplot with a 9 year old girl protagonist and her wolf cub juxtaposed with Dany taking it from behind and dyking it up with her handmaiden. Exactly what audience is this written for and how do the graphic/corny sex scenes advance the story?

And that's how all the books in the series read. There is wholesome stuff that I would sit down and watch with my nieces and nephews- like the fat Sam kid overcoming adversity on the wall- only to have it followed up by a midget getting his cock sucked.

The tits and ass on HBO have been fun and grade-A, but I think the series would be better served leaving some things to the imagination and looking for a wider audience.

Really, the storyline and characters are the stuff of Young Adult Fiction. But always puncuated with R-rated content.
post #93 of 4839
It's an odd story in some sense. It reminds me of the first season of Torchwood, it was all goofy storyline with copious language, and (off-screen) sex. But this I think is suppose to be for the 18-40 demo, so they'll avoid the cheese and stick with the (unnecessary at times) sex.


BTW: Renewed for another season.
post #94 of 4839
Quote:
Originally Posted by HgaleK View Post
I'll end up watching every episode, but I'm not enjoying the show.

this.

i feel like they're focusing too much on the sexual aspects of the show rather than developing the characters/story-line.

I'm not exactly sure who to "root" what the purpose of the show is, etc. I realize they're establishing character bases but i feel like it's taking a little too long.

the two things i remember from the past 2 episodes:

- weird orgy thing with the savages (sorry forgot their name)
- getting taught how to please rapist man
post #95 of 4839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post
Peter Dinklage must really be loving this show. It's got to be the best dramatic role ever written for a dwarf.
.

He's killing it, too. Shame that Dinklage will never get to be considered "a great actor" instead of "a great dwarf actor"

I was disappointed that they made Drogo a sexual thug. The way the wedding night scene developed in the novel was one of the many pleasant surprises in the book, although it might have been difficult to express on film.
post #96 of 4839
Quote:
Originally Posted by yjeezle View Post
this.

i feel like they're focusing too much on the sexual aspects of the show rather than developing the characters/story-line.

I'm not exactly sure who to "root" what the purpose of the show is, etc. I realize they're establishing character bases but i feel like it's taking a little too long.

the two things i remember from the past 2 episodes:

- weird orgy thing with the savages (sorry forgot their name)
- getting taught how to please rapist man

A large part of the series is that you do root for different people, in different parts.
post #97 of 4839
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.R. View Post
A large part of the series is that you do root for different people, in different parts.

I'm pretty sure the Queen and her twin brother lover are the clear cut bad guys. The prince is a waste of skin too.
post #98 of 4839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennglock View Post
Really, the storyline and characters are the stuff of Young Adult Fiction. But always puncuated with R-rated content.
You just described the ideal entertainment product for 18-35 year old males.
post #99 of 4839
Quote:
Originally Posted by matik23 View Post
I'm pretty sure the Queen and her twin brother lover are the clear cut bad guys. The prince is a waste of skin too.

You might be surprised. Rarely is anything clear cut in A Song of Ice and Fire...
post #100 of 4839
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian View Post
You might be surprised. Rarely is anything clear cut in A Song of Ice and Fire...

I spoiled everything for myself by reading wikipedia lol. Just couldn't wait!
post #101 of 4839
Quote:
Originally Posted by reezy View Post
I spoiled everything for myself by reading wikipedia lol. Just couldn't wait!

didn't read all of it but i'm pretty excited to see how that white girl turns out...
post #102 of 4839
Minor spoiler for who to root for (somewhat obvious) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Root for Jon, Arya and Bran - these are the unambiguous fan favourites. Dany (white girl) gets a lot of flack. The only unambigous bad guys are the Others/White Walkers/Wights.
post #103 of 4839
fwiw jon is the best character in the series and bran is the worst.
post #104 of 4839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post
fwiw jon is the best character in the series and bran is the worst.

I'd say Brienne is worse.
post #105 of 4839
i dont consider brienne (or that shitty last book) part of asoif canon.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread