or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread - Page 439

post #6571 of 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by gort View Post

Is there a medical explanation for the "I have been stabbed once and can now only crawl very slowly on my belly" plot device that every tv show and movie uses to cause tension?

The little child was clearly well trained and able to precisely stab him at the base of his spinal column.

Probably did it all just to fuck with him anyways...could have just tossed a torch down a hole or lit a fuse.
post #6572 of 6656
Thread Starter 
Has anyone thought that:

R = fire
L = ice

so

J = song of fire and ice?
post #6573 of 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariokartfever View Post

How was Varys in Dorne and then 2 minutes later on a boat in slavers bay?

I rewatched that part, and here's what happened... Varys goes to Dorne to recruit the Tyrells. He sails back with ships from Dorne and Highgarden. A significant amount of time has passed between the scene in Dorne and the last scene. (Dragon figureheads don't carve & gild themselves.)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Green sail with gold rose = Tyrell



Orange sail with red sun = Martell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

How 'bout Margery's psychic powers--"Cersei's not here, and neither is the kid. That means the building is going to explode!"

Not sure why I'm bothering this one, but it was more like, "Cersei's not here, and Tommen's not here. I have a bad feeling about this."
post #6574 of 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Veen View Post

Not sure why I'm bothering this one, but it was more like, "Cersei's not here, and Tommen's not here. I have a bad feeling about this."

She didn't say "the king's been kidnapped!" or one of a hundred rational things she could have. She said "we have to get out, now!" which makes no sense unless she'd read the script ahead of time.
post #6575 of 6656
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

She didn't say "the king's been kidnapped!" or one of a hundred rational things she could have. She said "we have to get out, now!" which makes no sense unless she'd read the script ahead of time.

I don't think Smirk Face needed to be psychic. In fact the dialogue was constructed in a highly specific manner to explain her thoughts. By not showing up Cersei was completely fucked over, and knowing Cersei would never allow herself to get completely fucked over, something bad was about to happen. Toss in that her son was not there, as per schedule, and it all added up that something really bad was going to happen there.
post #6576 of 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I don't think Smirk Face needed to be psychic. In fact the dialogue was constructed in a highly specific manner to explain her thoughts. By not showing up Cersei was completely fucked over, and knowing Cersei would never allow herself to get completely fucked over, something bad was about to happen. Toss in that her son was not there, as per schedule, and it all added up that something really bad was going to happen there.

That makes no sense. The most logical thing to assume would be that she'd fled or that she was holed up in the castle or something like that. If you could somehow make the leap to "we're in danger," any feudal-era person's instinct would be to use that gigantic church as a fortress rather than to run out of it into the streets where they could be attacked in the open.
post #6577 of 6656
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

That makes no sense. The most logical thing to assume would be that she'd fled or that she was holed up in the castle or something like that. If you could somehow make the leap to "we're in danger," any feudal-era person's instinct would be to use that gigantic church as a fortress rather than to run out of it into the streets where they could be attacked in the open.

Thinking Cersei would flee is what makes no sense. A Lannister always pays their debts.
post #6578 of 6656
Wow, Ataturk, up to this point I gave you the benefit of the doubt and just considered you a troll.
post #6579 of 6656
Ata: loves irrational kill-crazy rights-violating cops. Hates a fantasy tv show yet watches anyway.
post #6580 of 6656

Wait tilil yer old lady goes through menopause and argues with every word that comes out . Turks a frickin' light weight

post #6581 of 6656
Ice and fire = water.
Dragons come and melt what is north of the wall.
Biblical flood.

Gendry is on a boat.
The seed is strong!
post #6582 of 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post

Your right about that but she has a special bond with them, esp Drogon. She trained them all to a certain degree (to follow her, when to breathe fire, etc.) but they retain their independence and could turn on her at anytime.

Jon's experience beyond the wall and his encounter with Varamyr Sixskins opened his eyes to the powers of skinchanging. At first he did it unconsciously in his sleep. Later he was able to direct it and control Ghost as the surely direwolf's body was his own. He could have total control of the dragon.

In the show only Bran has that ability. I think he may end up warging the dragons.
post #6583 of 6656
I want to warg into Margery's ashy body
post #6584 of 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by grundletaint View Post

I want to warg into Margery's ashy body

So that you can feel first hand what it feels like to have piob's sweaty dick inside you?
post #6585 of 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

So that you can feel first hand what it feels like to have piob's sweaty dick inside you?

Uhhhh....if that's part of the deal....I guess so? *smirk*
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread