or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread - Page 414

post #6196 of 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

Okay, semi-serious question not regarding rape/Sansa/Dany's tits but what good was holding the door really going to do? As far as I can tell, the chick was on foot dragging Bran on a rickshaw in a heavy snowstorm. Holding the door buys them at most.. a couple extra meters??

don't worry bro

post #6197 of 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post

They hadn't shown Bran's direwolf in a while so they just decided just to do away with it? That was dumb. And then Jon left the wall with Sansa and they forgot about his direwolf. Even dumber

I think we are meant to believe ghost came along with jon, my guess is realistic direwolf cgi is expensive that's why we saw 5s of Summer even when it died and we only see Ghost when he's needed.
post #6198 of 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

I think we are meant to believe ghost came along with jon, my guess is realistic direwolf cgi is expensive that's why we saw 5s of Summer even when it died and we only see Ghost when he's needed.
post #6199 of 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

Okay, semi-serious question not regarding rape/Sansa/Dany's tits but what good was holding the door really going to do? As far as I can tell, the chick was on foot dragging Bran on a rickshaw in a heavy snowstorm. Holding the door buys them at most.. a couple extra meters??

Seriously...she's dragging him into the snow with the lords of snow a football field behind them, at most, with the snow king's GPS burned into his arm. This is just sloppy plot development.

Launch fireballs, wait for snow King because he's obviously stupid af, stab with dragonglass spear. The end.

This is getting as silly as not flying the eagles into Mordor
post #6200 of 6656
I was impressed that, at one point, someone stabbed someone and the armor actually stopped it.

Otherwise, it was all garbage, I agree. No one bothered to warn Bran this could happen? What did they talk about for the years he's been living under that tree?
post #6201 of 6656
Summer was pretty much literally killed by winter. I suspect this may have been part of the plan...
Quote:
Originally Posted by grundletaint View Post

Seriously...she's dragging him into the snow with the lords of snow a football field behind them, at most, with the snow king's GPS burned into his arm. This is just sloppy plot development.

I could be way off base, but I suspect that, while the white walkers were happy to kill the man in the tree, they don't actually want to kill Bran. They want him to flee south to the wall where his mark can break down the magical defenses that hold it together. Bran the Builder erected the wall, and now Bran the Broken is going to become Bran the Breaker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

I was impressed that, at one point, someone stabbed someone and the armor actually stopped it.

Otherwise, it was all garbage, I agree. No one bothered to warn Bran this could happen? What did they talk about for the years he's been living under that tree?

Lol. Yeah, my friend is convinced there is something special about Meera being able to kill the walker...because the COTF tried to stab one and didn't kill it, but she did and looked surprised. I was like...I'm pretty sure that's because they tried to stab him in his armored breast plate. Even if they were stabbing with valyrian steel or dragonglass, you gotta actually cut them.
But I see your point...armor tends to not be very functional in these shows, so I can see why she might be convinced it was something about Meera rather than just "the armor worked".

But I think the man in the tree (not sure if we can call him Bloodraven in the show) knew this would happen. Bran had to close the loop on Hodor. Hodor got him there, but hodor had to die to do it. If the man knows elements of the future, then perhaps he knew this had to happen. I mean, he guessed pretty quick that the Night King touched Bran, and he knew exactly what that meant....
post #6202 of 6656
Thread Starter 
The spear that killed the big shot WW....was it a special mineral or something in the spearhead? Somehow I don't think it was who threw the spear but rather what the spearhead was made of. Could be wrong as the show runners might not have even made this distinction yet.
post #6203 of 6656
I thought the spearhead was made of dragon glass. The elf didn't kill the WW because she stabbed him in the armor but Meera got him because the WW got hit in the neck/head region with no protection.
post #6204 of 6656
Definitely a dragonglass spear head.

I think the children know about dragonglass, hence the supply of spears.
post #6205 of 6656
Looking forward to the cutscene montage of newly minted Maester Sam inventing the dragonglass gatling gun
post #6206 of 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

I could be way off base, but I suspect that, while the white walkers were happy to kill the man in the tree, they don't actually want to kill Bran. They want him to flee south to the wall where his mark can break down the magical defenses that hold it together. Bran the Builder erected the wall, and now Bran the Broken is going to become Bran the Breaker.

that would be crazy if true :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

Otherwise, it was all garbage, I agree. No one bothered to warn Bran this could happen? What did they talk about for the years he's been living under that tree?

Three-eyed Raven likely knew what would happen. Remember Jojen Reed? He had only part of the powers of green seer and he knew he would die getting Bran to the tree house. What purpose it served I have no idea, we have to wait and see how that storyline unravels.
post #6207 of 6656
Ugh the more I think about it the more I realize this is like starting to look like LOST buttfucked LoTR and had a pinhead baby.
post #6208 of 6656
I dunno...thus far at least, it seems like these things have actually been planned since the beginning.

It sure has a chance to go all LOSTy...
That's everybody's major fear with GRRM not being done with the books--he has no idea what he has written and can't tie the story together
But the fact that he actually seems to have intended some of this shit to happen since book 1 (and assuming R+L=J), there's some hope that it might all turn out OK.
post #6209 of 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by grundletaint View Post

Seriously...she's dragging him into the snow with the lords of snow a football field behind them, at most, with the snow king's GPS burned into his arm. This is just sloppy plot development

This really bothered me - made no sense.
post #6210 of 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

That's everybody's major fear with GRRM not being done with the books--he has no idea what he has written and can't tie the story together
But the fact that he actually seems to have intended some of this shit to happen since book 1 (and assuming R+L=J), there's some hope that it might all turn out OK.

I always figured he stopped writing because the audience he's built up is more into the intrigue and politics, and the ending he had in mind was obvious and relied too much on fantasy tropes (Dany, Jon, and... Tyrion I guess... ride dragons and kill zombies).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread