or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread - Page 222

post #3316 of 4877
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurvyfreedman View Post


More like half. But, yes, everyone who hasn't, should read AGoT, ACoK, and ASoS before next season begins.

There's a package of all of the trade paperbacks together for those 3 plus AFfC. ADwD is supposed to come out before Christmas in paperback. Who the hell knows.

 

Has it been confirmed that the next season will leave out the other half of the third book and go straight to the fourth? I had hoped for more seasons than books for a moment sly.gif

post #3317 of 4877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugotes View Post

Has it been confirmed that the next season will leave out the other half of the third book and go straight to the fourth?
How would that even work? The stuff they've left out from the third book is massive, world altering stuff. No way they can just skip to Feast for Crows, it wouldn't even make sense.
post #3318 of 4877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhowie View Post

They have book stores in BMore? Don't drive all the way to Annapolis.

well, technically, the bookstore is in pikesville. bmore is really more known for crack slinging liquor stores.
post #3319 of 4877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugotes View Post

Has it been confirmed that the next season will leave out the other half of the third book and go straight to the fourth? I had hoped for more seasons than books for a moment sly.gif

Next season will include the rest of book 3 and start on books 4/5, which will run concurrently as they take place at the same time.
post #3320 of 4877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugotes View Post

Has it been confirmed that the next season will leave out the other half of the third book and go straight to the fourth? I had hoped for more seasons than books for a moment sly.gif

I'm just saying that you should finish ASoS before they show it on TV. You can read AFfC and ADwD next offseason if you read it slowly.
post #3321 of 4877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post


How would that even work? The stuff they've left out from the third book is massive, world altering stuff. No way they can just skip to Feast for Crows, it wouldn't even make sense.

 

Calm down. I haven't read the books.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by aravenel View Post


Next season will include the rest of book 3 and start on books 4/5, which will run concurrently as they take place at the same time.

 

I see, thanks for the info.

post #3322 of 4877
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

well, technically, the bookstore is in pikesville. bmore is really more known for crack slinging liquor stores.

Amazon Prime FTW, stitch.
post #3323 of 4877
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Amazon Prime FTW, stitch.

i just signed up! fistbump.gif
post #3324 of 4877
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i just signed up! fistbump.gif
Sweet.
It's a bit like B-more crack, I'll warn you. You'll end up ordering all sorts of s*** on the theory, "oh what the hell, it's free shipping".
post #3325 of 4877
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Amazon Kindle FTW, stitch.

ftfy--those books are BIG.
post #3326 of 4877
Amazon Prime is a genius idea. 2 day free shipping = so many impulse buys, and they get 80 bucks a year out of me on top of it.
post #3327 of 4877
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

Amazon Prime is a genius idea. 2 day free shipping = so many impulse buys, and they get 80 bucks a year out of me on top of it.

It's evil. And the ability to account share is pure genius.
post #3328 of 4877
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

ftfy--those books are BIG.

Eh. To each his own, but with many books -- particularly longer books -- I enjoy the physical heft, and also the sense of physically moving through it. I love the kindle for when I travel, but I'm set enough in my ways to prefer reading paper books when I'm home. Plus they're much better for killing bugs and stuff.
post #3329 of 4877
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Sweet.
It's a bit like B-more crack, I'll warn you. You'll end up ordering all sorts of s*** on the theory, "oh what the hell, it's free shipping".

i did it for my roku player, the free shipping on these "book" things was just a side benefit.

also, i have no interest in reading off of a screen. would be like a never ending tl;dr.
post #3330 of 4877
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i did it for my roku player, the free shipping on these "book" things was just a side benefit.

also, i have no interest in reading off of a screen. would be like a never ending tl;dr.

Eh, I used to think so...but owning a kindle made a huge difference.

The screens are not true screens...they actually look like a piece of paper (especially the new paperwhite). Didn't take long before clicking the next button felt as natural as turning a page. I read every GoT on paper...but when the next one comes out, I will almost certainly be buying a digital version.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread