or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread - Page 194

post #2896 of 4879
NPR story about tv discussions. Me and a few friends about GoT at the beginning.

http://www.npr.org/templates/rundowns/rundown.php?prgId=3

Play Despite - Digital Platforms, TV Still Relies on Word of Mouth
post #2897 of 4879
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
So does anyone think we are going to get a Lady Stoneheart reveal in the finale? It would be out of order from the books, but they need a big supernatural cliffhanger a la the dragons from season 1 and the Others from season 2. Plus, the last episode is entitled Mysha, which is a reference to Danaerys of course, but is also Valyrian for "mother", so it could easily be a mutliple reference (will probably be a Cersei heavy episode as well.)

Can't believe there's only 2 more episodes this year. Time flies.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Can't wait for the world to know what "fucking Freys" means next week. Valar Morghulis!
post #2898 of 4879
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

Sam is a coward. It's in character for him to react to a terrifying situation without thinking. He used up all of his bravery in killing the Other.

truth, but still annoying as shit. ridiculous that he is still alive in this series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurvyfreedman View Post

NPR story about tv discussions. Me and a few friends about GoT at the beginning.

http://www.npr.org/templates/rundowns/rundown.php?prgId=3

Play Despite - Digital Platforms, TV Still Relies on Word of Mouth

cool. ill have a look
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
So does anyone think we are going to get a Lady Stoneheart reveal in the finale? It would be out of order from the books, but they need a big supernatural cliffhanger a la the dragons from season 1 and the Others from season 2. Plus, the last episode is entitled Mysha, which is a reference to Danaerys of course, but is also Valyrian for "mother", so it could easily be a mutliple reference (will probably be a Cersei heavy episode as well.)

Can't believe there's only 2 more episodes this year. Time flies.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Can't wait for the world to know what "fucking Freys" means next week. Valar Morghulis!

frown.gif and no episode this sunday frown.gif
post #2899 of 4879
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


frown.gif and no episode this sunday frown.gif

Wut?!?!?!?!?!
post #2900 of 4879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

Wut?!?!?!?!?!

yup, next new episode in 2 weeks. so it said at the end of the episode after the preview for the next one.
post #2901 of 4879
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

Sam is a coward. It's in character for him to react to a terrifying situation without thinking. He used up all of his bravery in killing the Other.

truth, but still annoying as shit. ridiculous that he is still alive in this series.

I understand the necessity of aging the characters and making the really fat folks thinner, but I think Sam's character has suffered the most from that alteration. Book Sam is like 14, morbidly obese and emotionally abused. So the fact that he's pathetic elicits some sympathy and as a reader, you're thinking, "with a little guidance and friendship, he could turn out to be someone worthwhile". Whereas, in the show he's like 20 and pudgy, so all you can think is, "get your shit together, you useless asshat."
post #2902 of 4879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

Wut?!?!?!?!?!

Memorial day...
post #2903 of 4879
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post

I understand the necessity of aging the characters and making the really fat folks thinner, but I think Sam's character has suffered the most from that alteration. Book Sam is like 14, morbidly obese and emotionally abused. So the fact that he's pathetic elicits some sympathy and as a reader, you're thinking, "with a little guidance and friendship, he could turn out to be someone worthwhile". Whereas, in the show he's like 20 and pudgy, so all you can think is, "get your shit together, you useless asshat."

i definitely have compassion for the kid, and he seems to be a good guy, who means well. but most people like that in this story get killed, and fast.

but the knife, i mean, c'mon, its like the only useful thing he owns. for shame fat boy. for. shame.
post #2904 of 4879
Word round the net campfire is that Oberyn Martell is being cast now.
post #2905 of 4879
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i definitely have compassion for the kid, and he seems to be a good guy, who means well. but most people like that in this story get killed, and fast.

but the knife, i mean, c'mon, its like the only useful thing he owns. for shame fat boy. for. shame.

So true. I can get over him being useless, fat, and a wimp but to be so stupid as to leave your knife behind. I mean seriously, wtf.
post #2906 of 4879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmade View Post

So true. I can get over him being useless, fat, and a wimp but to be so stupid as to leave your knife behind. I mean seriously, wtf.

He may be a bit incompetent, but he went through a fairly long period if combat training.

Wouldn't the proper way to stab an enemy in the back involve holding on to your dagger (doesn't removing the blade make stab wounds worse)? Maybe pulling out and stabbing several more times until you are sure its dead?
post #2907 of 4879
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

He may be a bit incompetent, but he went through a fairly long period if combat training.

Wouldn't the proper way to stab an enemy in the back involve holding on to your dagger (doesn't removing the blade make stab wounds worse)? Maybe pulling out and stabbing several more times until you are sure its dead?

And, there's no other Black Brothers around- so the nickname Sam The Slayer is definitely out the window. And, he will never get the respect he deserves for such an action. Nobody will believe him and why would they? But, if there were 2-3 Brothers there to see it, then he gets respect regardless of how shivering and peeing himself he is in the future.
post #2908 of 4879
Quote:
Originally Posted by worakl View Post

Nah

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The one after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

He may be a bit incompetent, but he went through a fairly long period if combat training.

Wouldn't the proper way to stab an enemy in the back involve holding on to your dagger (doesn't removing the blade make stab wounds worse)? Maybe pulling out and stabbing several more times until you are sure its dead?
Amongst all the acts of chivalrous bravery perspective gets lost . Imo it takes a pair to just get close enough to that critter to stick a knife into it
post #2909 of 4879
They clearly wrote it into the story that he left it behind. Maybe so we can't show people in the near future what it is he's taking about. (The dragon glass, since nobody else that saw it knew what it was).
My point is its clear they showed him leaving it on purpose.
post #2910 of 4879
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiAkuma View Post

They clearly wrote it into the story that he left it behind. Maybe so we can't show people in the near future what it is he's taking about. (The dragon glass, since nobody else that saw it knew what it was).
My point is its clear they showed him leaving it on purpose.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
maybe it is so he won't immediately murder coldhands...

if he had the blade and it was that close to his prior encounter (in the book, they are weeks apart), he might immediately go for the kill. Now he won't have any weapons and will just cower.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread