or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread - Page 156

post #2326 of 4881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Remember when he was knocked out? Was about a dozen of them against a large host of men and he gave the big, "We're gonna die bravely" speech. I figure they handed him over to the other people to be allowed to leave.

Which would make sense given that Robb allowed that--saying that if they left, everyone but Theon was free to go.
post #2327 of 4881
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikkm View Post

Here is the guy who is casted for Tormund Giantsbane. I don't remember excactly how he was described in the books, but I never pictured him as a ginger. Pretty badass guy nonetheless. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Kristofer_Hivju.jpg

this guy right here. coolest dude on the show right now. awesome hair + awesome bear = ALL DAY WIN
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm guessing she's going to pull a Reek and finally find her balls and turn into an interesting character with a big role to play.
At least, that's what I hope, cause yeah, she's pretty annoying at the moment.

ive been quite impressed with her ability to still be alive, and how well she attempts to plat the game, despite so obviously hating it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by worakl View Post

Really liked the introduction of the Reeds.

that was great. like those 2 a lot.

all in all though, i feel the show is really slow. i guess they are building, but i feel like i watched 2 hours and nothing happened.

also, i hate joffrey and cercei so much. i want them both to die so horribly.
post #2328 of 4881
Yeah Tormund's beard rules and his general air of manliness (even if he's really just some hipster) is not far from my image of him in the book. I might have expected him to be a bit more grizzled, but that's about it.
post #2329 of 4881
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

Yeah Tormund's beard rules and his general air of manliness (even if he's really just some hipster) is not far from my image of him in the book. I might have expected him to be a bit more grizzled, but that's about it.

I hope he talks about his member a lot.
post #2330 of 4881
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

Yeah Tormund's beard rules and his general air of manliness (even if he's really just some hipster) is not far from my image of him in the book. I might have expected him to be a bit more grizzled, but that's about it.

i want to see him kill someone. his look is more closer to how i had imagined mance looking, than cirians look.
post #2331 of 4881
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurvyfreedman View Post

I hope he talks about his member a lot.

It really wouldn't be Tormund without regular updates on his enormous dong.
post #2332 of 4881
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post

It really wouldn't be Tormund without regular updates on his enormous dong.
Warning! Spoiler (Click to show)

I also hope he tells the story about how he mated with a Giant. It's just such a funny story, but it also could explain Hodor.

Between that and the Mormont girl talking about mating with a real bear, it adds so much to the books.
post #2333 of 4881
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

Yeah Tormund's beard rules and his general air of manliness (even if he's really just some hipster) is not far from my image of him in the book. I might have expected him to be a bit more grizzled, but that's about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i want to see him kill someone. his look is more closer to how i had imagined mance looking, than cirians look.

I was disappointed with Mance. He's so...dumpy. I don't really remember how he was described in the book, but that was never the mental picture I had.
post #2334 of 4881
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post


I was disappointed with Mance. He's so...dumpy. I don't really remember how he was described in the book, but that was never the mental picture I had.

Agreed. This Mance was poorly cast. I had pictured someone very fit and charismatic. If you're not a decent warrior and very charismatic how do you get all the various Wildling factions to unite?
post #2335 of 4881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Agreed. This Mance was poorly cast. I had pictured someone very fit and charismatic. If you're not a decent warrior and very charismatic how do you get all the various Wildling factions to unite?

while he does not look anything like i imagined him from from hearing how the others characters talked about him, he seems very politically adept from the speaking lines he has had and how he talk/acts/interacts, and as you suggested before, that is the way to the top on GoT.
post #2336 of 4881
re: tormund

Just last week on the plane I was reading the part where
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
he tells the story about raping the bear. I wonder if that stuff is going to make it in. Kind of doubt they will have the time but the weird little details like that are really my favorite aspects of the book, and unfortunately little of that makes it into the show.

Speaking of rape, I haven't noticed any discussion of the wildlings' sexual practices. I wonder if they are going to go there. I've noticed that outside of Cersei's monologue during the Blackwater battle, they have toned the rape back in the story quite a bit. Probably a good move. There's a limit to how dark they can really go with a huge budget, blockbuster TV series.
post #2337 of 4881
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

re: tormund

Just last week on the plane I was reading the part where
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
he tells the story about raping the bear. I wonder if that stuff is going to make it in. Kind of doubt they will have the time but the weird little details like that are really my favorite aspects of the book, and unfortunately little of that makes it into the show.

Speaking of rape, I haven't noticed any discussion of the wildlings' sexual practices. I wonder if they are going to go there. I've noticed that outside of Cersei's monologue during the Blackwater battle, they have toned the rape back in the story quite a bit. Probably a good move. There's a limit to how dark they can really go with a huge budget, blockbuster TV series.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
the wildlings do a lot of raepage?
post #2338 of 4881
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
the wildlings do a lot of raepage?

Just R.T.F.B., already.smile.gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It was a joke story. It's made plain in the books though that most battles in that time in that world ended with pillaging and raping.

I think the actor playing Mance has a rather charismatic head.

post #2339 of 4881
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDFS View Post

Just R.T.F.B., already.smile.gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It was a joke story. It's made plain in the books though that most battles in that time in that world ended with pillaging and raping.

lol, i have considered it a few times. never went through with it though. i really should.
Quote:
I think the actor playing Mance has a rather charismatic head. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

ill bet he gives rather charismatic head. rimshot.gif
post #2340 of 4881

Holy shit that was awesome.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread