or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread - Page 151

post #2251 of 4840
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

How about just keep spreading them further and further apart until they hang out of her armpits?

Oh sorry, I didn't realize I was in the minority who would bone her until next week

Everyone must have a supermodel gf except for me
post #2252 of 4840
oh, I'd hit it. I'd just buy her a different dress or a bra or something
post #2253 of 4840
oh, I'd hit it. I'd just buy her a different dress or a bra or something
post #2254 of 4840
yeah, Neo's sister is a 1 on the binary scale.
post #2255 of 4840
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

Hence the spoiler tag... can we not get into this again?

I thought there was a separate book thread?
post #2256 of 4840
Quote:
Originally Posted by gort View Post

I thought there was a separate book thread?

It has proven too complicated (besides, this discussion isn't about the future books, its about how the show relates to the books).

I am pretty sure the operating assumption in here is that anything that has aired is fine to put in your post; anything that hasn't aired gets a spoiler.
If you haven't watched the episode yet, don't click the thread; if you haven't read the books yet, don't click the spoilers.

If you're like stitches and don't care, then read it all.
post #2257 of 4840
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurvyfreedman View Post

Varys and Littlefinger are both great actors, but they really stuff way too much Littlefinger into the show. Varys and Littlefinger are good characters b/c of the mystery that surrounds them, not because they're on every page.

Jaime and Brienne should be in a lot of scenes this year.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Agree about Littlefinger. It's kind of an adaptation problem. The way the book is written, you see that everyone underestimates Littlefinger. You get that he's shifty and intelligent, but you really don't even get an inkling of what his game is until after Joffrey's murder, and when you do it has a lot more impact than it would if he had been skulking through every scene making his "hatching a plot" face.

Similar with Selmy. Selmy isn't important enough to the show for it to have the impact that it should.

It was a good episode, though. I hope we get some Arya and the Brotherhood in the next episode. Maybe even some Thoros and Beric
post #2258 of 4840
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Agree about Littlefinger. It's kind of an adaptation problem. The way the book is written, you see that everyone underestimates Littlefinger. You get that he's shifty and intelligent, but you really don't even get an inkling of what his game is until after Joffrey's murder, and when you do it has a lot more impact than it would if he had been skulking through every scene making his "hatching a plot" face.

Similar with Selmy. Selmy isn't important enough to the show for it to have the impact that it should.

It was a good episode, though. I hope we get some Arya and the Brotherhood in the next episode. Maybe even some Thoros and Beric

Ser Barristan
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I expect Ser Barristan to serve as the omnipotent narrator of past plot to Danaerys. There's so much untold about Robert's Rebellion in the show- Lyanna and Rhaegar, the tourney at Harenahll (which should also be told from Jojen's perspective to Bran), Mad King Aerys killing the Lord and Brandon Stark, Ned not wanting Dany killed, etc. that only Barristan can tell her and the viewer. I really hope they build that all into the show, because otherwise there's a lot missing. I would like his story told about how he saved the Mad King in the War of the Ninepenny Kings as well just as proof that he's loyal to the throne and the Targaryaen throne as needed, but it's less integral.

I had wished the Old Bear had wistfully hoped for Ser Barristan to arrive at the wall; Stannis to have wished Ser Barristan would join him; and perhaps even Catelyn to wish to Robb that Barristan would join him. It would make his character that much more desirable for Dany and the viewers. I have to admit I wondered about him the entire book through ACOK and totally was fooled by the Arstan Whitebeard at the same time. I felt like Butterbumps when it was all revealed.

Edited by scurvyfreedman - 4/3/13 at 11:42am
post #2259 of 4840
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

It has proven too complicated (besides, this discussion isn't about the future books, its about how the show relates to the books).

I am pretty sure the operating assumption in here is that anything that has aired is fine to put in your post; anything that hasn't aired gets a spoiler.
If you haven't watched the episode yet, don't click the thread; if you haven't read the books yet, don't click the spoilers.

If you're like stitches and don't care, then read it all.

Gotcha. No more spoiler clicking for me then!
post #2260 of 4840
Tonight's episode was plodding.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
They're providing Robb's wife with far too much screentime. The chat b/w Sansa and Lady Olanna could have been handled in about 2 minutes.

I'm glad Thoros has finally appeared, along with the Hound's reappearance. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #2261 of 4840
I thought it was great. The lunch scene with Sansa was cringeworthy (in a good way).
post #2262 of 4840
Way too many made up scenes when they have plenty of source material to work with. Perhaps too much. Rather than cut it, why make stuff up.
post #2263 of 4840
Thread Starter 
Best line of the night was Margaery's. Something like, "Sounded rather painful and sure not to make a baby."
post #2264 of 4840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joffrey View Post

I thought it was great. The lunch scene with Sansa was cringeworthy (in a good way).

Agreed, that was one of my favorite scenes last night.
post #2265 of 4840
Liked the mouthy grandma. shog[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread