or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread - Page 150

post #2236 of 3886

^ That's a massive spoiler for those who haven't read the books.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Belwas, though fun, is unnecessary. Selmy can easily cover his plot points.

 

lefty

post #2237 of 3886
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post



Perhaps I'm a bit hard to please, but I think I would've enjoyed it more if they'd advanced the plots of 1 or 2 characters more than just try and give a little for everyone.

Still, it sets things up nicely which I suppose is what the start of the season needs.

 

Titties? Checked.

Violence? Checked.

Recap of last season? Checked.

 

All in all, slightly slow but a nice continuation of the series.

post #2238 of 3886
A little saddened how they handled the battle at the beginning. I understand that there's more important things to spend budget on but it would've been nice to at least even see a few pan away shots of corpses, the aftermath of the battle, really, anything other than black screen and screaming. Otherwise, an excellent opening episode, really loved the scenery and felt that it brought life to a lot of settings (where as Season 2 at times felt closed in).
post #2239 of 3886
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post

^ That's a massive spoiler for those who haven't read the books.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Belwas, though fun, is unnecessary. Selmy can easily cover his plot points.

lefty

Hence the spoiler tag... can we not get into this again?
post #2240 of 3886
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

Goddamn I love that midget. He's the best character on TV ever.

Omar is #1. Stringer Bell is top 10. Midget's top 20.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lel View Post

A little saddened how they handled the battle at the beginning. I understand that there's more important things to spend budget on but it would've been nice to at least even see a few pan away shots of corpses, the aftermath of the battle, really, anything other than black screen and screaming. Otherwise, an excellent opening episode, really loved the scenery and felt that it brought life to a lot of settings (where as Season 2 at times felt closed in).

Pass. Violence on TV is worthless. The Walking Dead proves it.

Develop the story. Keep the hottie ass Khalissi in frame and for god sake get rid of Joffery. And show his fiancee's tits.
post #2241 of 3886
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Develop the story. Keep the hottie ass Khalissi in frame and for god sake get rid of Joffery. And show his fiancee's tits.

How about just keep spreading them further and further apart until they hang out of her armpits?
post #2242 of 3886
Boo. No Varys or Jamie.
post #2243 of 3886
I'm wondering if they will include Strong Belwas as a character.
post #2244 of 3886
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

Goddamn I love that midget. He's the best character on TV ever.

Not even the best midget character, Harvey.

post #2245 of 3886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

Boo. No Varys or Jamie.

Varys and Littlefinger are both great actors, but they really stuff way too much Littlefinger into the show. Varys and Littlefinger are good characters b/c of the mystery that surrounds them, not because they're on every page.

Jaime and Brienne should be in a lot of scenes this year.
post #2246 of 3886
...
post #2247 of 3886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lel View Post

A little saddened how they handled the battle at the beginning. I understand that there's more important things to spend budget on but it would've been nice to at least even see a few pan away shots of corpses, the aftermath of the battle, really, anything other than black screen and screaming. Otherwise, an excellent opening episode, really loved the scenery and felt that it brought life to a lot of settings (where as Season 2 at times felt closed in).


If it's anything like the battle at the end of Season 2 with 30 or so actors, I'll pass. They completely screwed that one up.

post #2248 of 3886
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurvyfreedman View Post

Varys and Littlefinger are both great actors, but they really stuff way too much Littlefinger into the show. Varys and Littlefinger are good characters b/c of the mystery that surrounds them, not because they're on every page.

Jaime and Brienne should be in a lot of scenes this year.

Yeah, they have been showing Littlefinger a little too much lately although I don't get quite the same feeling with Varys (and I just finished re-watching S1 & S2). One of my favourite scenes in the entire series is Varys and Ned in the dungeon pretty much just talking. He literally is my favourite character.

"Storms come and go, the big fish eat the little fish, and I keep on paddling."
post #2249 of 3886
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamacyborg View Post


If it's anything like the battle at the end of Season 2 with 30 or so actors, I'll pass. They completely screwed that one up.

I've never seen the point of showing massive battlescenes and destruction when the vast majority of it would be CG. I much prefer their less is more approach.
post #2250 of 3886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joffrey View Post


I've never seen the point of showing massive battlescenes and destruction when the vast majority of it would be CG. I much prefer their less is more approach.


I'm happy with the less is more approach, but when something is meant to be a huge battle with thousands of people on either side, it's a bit shit to cut it down to a few dozen people. Either cut those scenes out or do them properly, don't half arse them.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread