or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread - Page 141

post #2101 of 4901
That will be sweet, but the body count from this season will be epic. As will be the outraged screams of fans following some of those deaths...
post #2102 of 4901
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post

That will be sweet, but the body count from this season will be epic. As will be the outraged screams of fans following some of those deaths...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
spoiler that shit! people don't like reading stuff that hints like that.
post #2103 of 4901
I don't think "a lot of people are going to die" is much of a spoiler for this series.
post #2104 of 4901
I found myself liking emelia clarke's character the best (and overall story).
post #2105 of 4901
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

I don't think "a lot of people are going to die" is much of a spoiler for this series.

lol that part is not Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
but if I hadn't read the books, I probably wouldn't want to know that there are characters that die that will lead to fan outrage like with Ned
post #2106 of 4901
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

I know it's a couple of seasons away, but I'm looking forward to the Gregor Clegane/Oberyn Martell fight more than anything else in the series.

You should probably spoiler this. I'm looking forward to Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Drogon going ape shit in the fighting pits.
post #2107 of 4901
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoozah View Post

I found myself liking emelia clarke's character the best (and overall story).

If you had read the books you'd, more likely than not, be in a different spot.
post #2108 of 4901
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

I know it's a couple of seasons away, but I'm looking forward to the Gregor Clegane/Oberyn Martell fight more than anything else in the series.

Definitely, that's going to be epic. Probably be in the next season if I had to guess.
post #2109 of 4901
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoozah View Post

I found myself liking emelia clarke's boobs the best (and overall story).

FTFY.

Seriously though, Tyrion FTW.
post #2110 of 4901
Thread Starter 
G is going to need to get writing as the series is catching up quickly with the books.
post #2111 of 4901
Well Storm of Swords is going to be split into two seasons, so they've got material until at least 2016, and could probably stretch it out at least another year if they needed to.
post #2112 of 4901
Thread Starter 
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Don't read this unless you really want to. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Hope they exaggerate the lezzie thing with Dani
post #2113 of 4901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Don't read this unless you really want to. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Hope they exaggerate the lezzie thing with Dani
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This is HBO. It will probably get its own episode.
post #2114 of 4901
I'd wager that the show will overtake the books right around when the next book comes out. When that happens, I am almost certain that the show will continue on to the end of the story without the final book. GRRM has apparently already told the producers what happens, and certainly by that point, he'd know pretty well where it was going. They can't pause the story without having to recast, and who is to say that they'd even be able to get the funding together again three or four years later.

I've heard that this season goes through about 60% of the ASoS. The next season will almost certainly start getting into AFfC and ADwD--I'd imagine they will present those storylines interwoven and chronologically rather than splitting by character as the books do. Figure another season as well for AFfC and ADwD. This means that the first season for new material would be 2017, which I think (hope?) is doable for GRRM--it would mean TWoW would need to come out in 2016, which seems reasonable.
post #2115 of 4901
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

I'd wager that the show will overtake the books right around when the next book comes out. When that happens, I am almost certain that the show will continue on to the end of the story without the final book. GRRM has apparently already told the producers what happens, and certainly by that point, he'd know pretty well where it was going. They can't pause the story without having to recast, and who is to say that they'd even be able to get the funding together again three or four years later.

I've heard that this season goes through about 60% of the ASoS. The next season will almost certainly start getting into AFfC and ADwD--I'd imagine they will present those storylines interwoven and chronologically rather than splitting by character as the books do. Figure another season as well for AFfC and ADwD. This means that the first season for new material would be 2017, which I think (hope?) is doable for GRRM--it would mean TWoW would need to come out in 2016, which seems reasonable.

Some things are going to get strange with the casting because of the ages of some of the characters. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Maisie Williams will be 20 by 2017, where book Arya is supposed to be around 12 at the end of ADWD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread