or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread - Page 120

post #1786 of 4871
^i just googled

...

for reals? that's so obscure i never even....

also i disagree with joffrey. i like stitches starting conversation in here.
post #1787 of 4871
I know the ASOIAF universe pretty well. I posted a pic a few pages back in spoilers but no one recognized it I think.

Here it is
350

Anybody know this event?
post #1788 of 4871
is it when they're killing what's her face stark (? married to aegon (?)) with the two babies
post #1789 of 4871
post #1790 of 4871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post

Red Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
wedding?
Bingo. Did the banners give it away?
post #1791 of 4871
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

is it when they're killing what's her face stark (? married to aegon (?)) with the two babies
No, you're thinking of Elia of Dorne, sister of Quenyten and Oberyn Martell. One of her babies was named Aegon, but she was married to prince Rhaegar.
post #1792 of 4871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfyre View Post

No, you're thinking of Elia of Dorne, sister of Quenyten and Oberyn Martell. One of her babies was named Aegon, but she was married to prince Rhaegar.

Yes, and Rhaegar had an affair of some sort with Lyanna Stark, which is what started the war that ended the Targaeryan dynasty, and also Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
resulted in Jon Snow's birth, if the fan speculation is to be believed
post #1793 of 4871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfyre View Post

Haha, the funny thing to me is there's guys/gals over at asoiaf.org who blow my mind. No on here even recognizes my username, which is ASOIAF related, and even my avatar is ASOIAF related. I'm a serious fanboi.
Stitches ask away, I'll answer if I can.

The Blackfyres are the Targaeryan bastards who led a couple of rebellions trying to gain the throne.

I've definitely noticed there is a lot of variation between how closely people read. Those people on the wiki are extremely close readers, all of whom must have read the books three or four times a piece. My neighbor, on the other hand, read all of the books but can't remember the names of some pretty major characters and big events. He always brags about how fast he reads, though, so I think he was just skimming the books for some reason.
post #1794 of 4871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joffrey View Post

Please do.
Gratefully,
Joffrey


you are out numbered at present bro. sorry. frown.gif

ill be mindful tho.
post #1795 of 4871
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

The Blackfyres are the Targaeryan bastards who led a couple of rebellions trying to gain the throne.
I've definitely noticed there is a lot of variation between how closely people read. Those people on the wiki are extremely close readers, all of whom must have read the books three or four times a piece. My neighbor, on the other hand, read all of the books but can't remember the names of some pretty major characters and big events. He always brags about how fast he reads, though, so I think he was just skimming the books for some reason.

My problem is I read these books ages ago, like 7+ years for the first few. I can't remember 1000+ pages containing hundreds of characters and events for THAT long. I never went back to read them over because it was too long and time consuming. I figured that I'd just enjoy the HBO show for what it is.
post #1796 of 4871
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

you are out numbered at present bro. sorry. frown.gif
ill be mindful tho.

Not quite, only indesertum has disagreed with me... But really, the only reason I'd be happy you post less here is that your questions always result in a barrage of spoiler tags. Obviously they are right to be placed that way but it's distracting and seem to only deal with future events (spoilers) and not talking about the actual show itself. I find it tiresome and sometimes really which I had the Hound nearby to set a few of you guys straight.
post #1797 of 4871
who's the red haired girl in the picture?

also i realize that this is the tv show thread, but for half of us half the fun of watching the show is talking about the books and how it relates to the show. considering that the books are already out the only occasion for people to get together to talk about the books (and the show) is this thread.

also we might talk about future events but we also talk about current events a lot (eg how it diverged from the books) which for some of us is entertaining and others informative.

we'll be mindful of spoilering things, but you're going to have to deal with the rest cuz of path of least resistance and all. unless you want a mod to either move every single book related discussion to the book thread or start banning or putting people in time out for writing in the wrong thread, i don't think this is going to change much
post #1798 of 4871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joffrey View Post

Not quite, only indesertum has disagreed with me... But really, the only reason I'd be happy you post less here is that your questions always result in a barrage of spoiler tags. Obviously they are right to be placed that way but it's distracting and seem to only deal with future events (spoilers) and not talking about the actual show itself. I find it tiresome and sometimes really which I had the Hound nearby to set a few of you guys straight.

no worries, but bfyre also disagreed wink.gif
post #1799 of 4871
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

who's the red haired girl in the picture?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It's Cat. In the books she and Ned are much younger than they are on the show -- like mid 30s.
post #1800 of 4871
some crazy shit ya'll. ill hold back in honor of joffrey.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread