or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread - Page 116

post #1726 of 4871
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post

The only way that the combined forces of Lannister, Baratheon and Stark were able to breach the city walls was by having to door opened from the inside.

lefty

IIRC it's pretty clear that the forces would take the city, which is why Aegon allowed Tywin Lannister inside in the first place (he assumed he had come to help him defend the city). Instead by the time Ned arrived the city had already been ransacked.

But you do have a point, I was expecting some siege or artillery but the most I saw was a battering ram.
post #1727 of 4871
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR_Six View Post

They haven't yet, since they're currently both captives. This episode was devoted entirely to King's Landing so nothing else had a chance to get progressed. Here's hoping the finale is 2 hours. Yeah I know, it's not going to happen.

finale is gonna be 70 minutes. smile.gif

i liked the episode, but didnt love it.

man i hate joffrey and cersei. such pathetic animals. i wish they would die already. its frustrating that all the good people die and worst ones rise higher in power. pretty much what sansa said to shay as the battle started.

tryrion was awesome as always.

who was that big iron masked dude that tried to kill tyrion in the ground battle before tyrions lad killed him?
post #1728 of 4871
Mandon Moore of the kingsguard.

Someone give me a gif of tyrion chopping that dude's leg off plz stat.
post #1729 of 4871
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

who was that big iron masked dude that tried to kill tyrion in the ground battle before tyrions lad killed him?

Member of the kingsguard that he had told to carry the kings flag.
post #1730 of 4871
You can tell by his armor it's one of the Kingsguard.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Not really a spoiler I guess, but it's supposed to be Mandon Moore. Except I don't think Moore has had any screen time in the show, so I have a suspicion they will change it so that it's Meryn Trant, since he had that great scene in the throne room where Tyrion humiliated him.
post #1731 of 4871
Yeah, Meryn Trant has been established as a dick so it'd make sense if it was him.
post #1732 of 4871
good episode but the scale is tough to stomach, looked like battle was happening in my office
post #1733 of 4871
are we gonna find out why the kingsguard guy tried to do that? is it from the book, or was that a TV addition?
post #1734 of 4871

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lel View Post

IIRC it's pretty clear that the forces would take the city, which is why Aegon allowed Tywin Lannister inside in the first place (he assumed he had come to help him defend the city). Instead by the time Ned arrived the city had already been ransacked.
But you do have a point, I was expecting some siege or artillery but the most I saw was a battering ram.

 

Maybe. Haven't read it in a while. But Davos did say that the walls had never been breached. There was a hell of a lot more strategy and planning on both sides in the books then "let's land and storm the gate." 

 

In retrospect, probably less to do with money and more to do with time constraints. I may have tried to open it up a little more. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR_Six View Post

You can tell by his armor it's one of the Kingsguard. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Not really a spoiler I guess, but it's supposed to be Mandon Moore. Except I don't think Moore has had any screen time in the show, so I have a suspicion they will change it so that it's Meryn Trant, since he had that great scene in the throne room where Tyrion humiliated him.

 

Not sure viewers will pick up on that. Could have been dealt with by Tyrion putting his hand out and saying, "Moore, your hand," indicating that he was a friend. 

 

lefty

post #1735 of 4871
Tyrion gives the guy a friendly, oh-it's-you look right before he swings. I thought that was enough.
post #1736 of 4871

^ Maybe. I was distracted by how Tyrion and 30 guys managed to sneak up on the Stannis' forces and overthrow them in about 10 secs.

 
lefty
post #1737 of 4871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

Tyrion gives the guy a friendly, oh-it's-you look right before he swings. I thought that was enough.
Yeah I thought that was enough too.
post #1738 of 4871
prolly cuz stannis had 30 guys as well
post #1739 of 4871
Great episode, only prob I had was they didn't explain the lack of scouting on Stannis' side (the Lords were just too arrogant since they had superior numbers). Not a big deal, but that part in the book was great for showing how smart Ser Davos is for kind of smelling the trap. I guess that was shown when he was talking to his son before the battle though - although that seemed to serve showing how stupid his son was versus how smart Davos was heh

Although the chain was great in the book, I wasn't missing it in the show.

You people are just a bunch of nit-picky whiners.
post #1740 of 4871
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

prolly cuz stannis had 30 guys as well

 

Didn't Joffrey wet his small clothes when he saw the size of the opposition?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post

Great episode, only prob I had was they didn't explain the lack of scouting on Stannis' side (the Lords were just too arrogant since they had superior numbers). Not a big deal, but that part in the book was great for showing how smart Ser Davos is for kind of smelling the trap. I guess that was shown when he was talking to his son before the battle though - although that seemed to serve showing how stupid his son was versus how smart Davos was heh
Although the chain was great in the book, I wasn't missing it in the show.
You people are just a bunch of nit-picky whiners.

 

The battle in the books went down a lot differently. As I remember, Davos wasn't in charge of the fleet and though he saw the chain houses and tried to warn the others, but he was shut down by the knight who led the battle. Stannis landed on the other side and didn't make the castle, though his men were picking their way across the wreckage of the ships to get to the castle. Tywin snuck up behind Stannis and attacked with Loras in Renly's armour. When the men who were formerly Renly's saw Loras they abandoned Stannis and rejoined with Tywin.

 

The more I think about this the less I like it.  I think Tyrion got shortchanged here. There was little to no planning other than the wildfire which was Cersei's idea here in the show. Varys' maps came at the last minute. In the book Tyrion saves the city with strategy and courage after The Hound bolts. And as Kunk said, the scale was really off.

 

Yes, I am a nit-picking whiner. You want an hour of my life and my money? Entertain me.

 

lefty

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread