or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Nespresso Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nespresso Club - Page 6

post #76 of 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefe View Post
The new flavor (Onirio) is quite good. It's delicate and flowery, so if that is up your alley give it a try. The pearl white color of the pod is nice, too.

Re: the foam. We have the Citiz machine and use the Aerochino-thingy for frothing and it works pretty well. You can get a mighty stiff foam from it with the right amount of button pushing.

Also, +1 to nespresso. I adore a fine espresso but have very little interest in developing the barista skills necessary to produce it at home

Cool, thanks for the info, I will give it a shot. We have that cappucinatore contraption that works pretty well, but I have always used the method that dispenses directly into the cup. Frothing manually maybe I could do a bit better.
post #77 of 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefe View Post
The new flavor (Onirio) is quite good. It's delicate and flowery, so if that is up your alley give it a try. The pearl white color of the pod is nice, too. Re: the foam. We have the Citiz machine and use the Aerochino-thingy for frothing and it works pretty well. You can get a mighty stiff foam from it with the right amount of button pushing. Also, +1 to nespresso. I adore a fine espresso but have very little interest in developing the barista skills necessary to produce it at home
+1 to the Aerochino. Although, I don't necessarily think its going to give you any better foam than the machine will TC. Jefe - what do you mean by button pressing? All you have to do is press one button and it runs. Is there some sort of Contra-code-esque trick that I'm not aware of?
post #78 of 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
+1 to the Aerochino. Although, I don't necessarily think its going to give you any better foam than the machine will TC.

Jefe - what do you mean by button pressing? All you have to do is press one button and it runs. Is there some sort of Contra-code-esque trick that I'm not aware of?

Does it not have the adjustable running time like the brewing machine? I assumed it did, but the Aeroccino is almost exclusively used by my wife so I could be mistaken
post #79 of 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefe View Post
Does it not have the adjustable running time like the brewing machine? I assumed it did, but the Aeroccino is almost exclusively used by my wife so I could be mistaken
Not on the one I have. You press the button, it lights up and does its thing, and then its done. The only thing you can adjust is the attachment inside for milk+froth or just froth.
post #80 of 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC (Houston) View Post
Cool, thanks for the info, I will give it a shot. We have that cappucinatore contraption that works pretty well, but I have always used the method that dispenses directly into the cup. Frothing manually maybe I could do a bit better.

Based on the capsules you have I don't think you'll care for the new special blend that much. Its very light.
post #81 of 871
I don't particularly care for light but I enjoyed the last light special editions. Of course, those were flavored as well. It was a nice change of pace every now and then.
post #82 of 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Wow wrong on so many levels... Only here would an espresso be considered an exercise in molecular chemistry or a luxury item. Where I'm from, it's as basic as tap water. I can guarantee you that my corner cafe in Paris doesn't measure the ground coffee in grams, nor does he have a clue where the beans were grown or roasted. It's just a cup of coffee - with the right beans/blend and a decent machine, it should be fine. Which is why nespresso has been so fantastically successful - it's aimed to all the people who care about a good cup of coffee and it's convenience. I've used it for more than 15 years, it's far from a novelty or anything new. Never understood the coffee geeks - they care about the process and ingredients far more than the end product. I would say that a vast majority of espresso I tasted that were made by geeks or their affiliated snub coffee stores were between terrible and acceptable. Very rarely better than a nespresso, even if they'd deny it. What I find truly telling and much more relevant is what coffee people who like good food choose (people with a developed taste). I get better coffee at Jean-Georges or Corton than at any of the stupid hipster nerd espresso bars. That's because they aim to serve things that taste good. Corton (and many other high end restaurants) use Nespresso by the way. And then there's keurig - that's just disgusting, coffee-flavored dirty dishwasher water. But then again, that's how I feel about most brewed coffee...
So I'm "wrong" because you brought perspective from a different culture and entirely different context into play, then finished up with your subjective opinions on Keurig quality? Fucking retarded reasoning. Indicative of the "logic" used often on CE, however, so no doubt you will receive a round of applause here.
post #83 of 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Y View Post
BTW, Angstrom is a measure of length, not mass.
Perhaps I could have been clearer. I was talking about measuring the top line of the measuring cup/device/scoop/whatever, so I was referring to length in a sense. (Really, length as a colloquial measure of precision). Hence, the use of angstrom.
post #84 of 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Carlos View Post
So I'm "wrong" because you brought perspective from a different culture and entirely different context into play, then finished up with your subjective opinions on Keurig quality? Fucking retarded reasoning. Indicative of the "logic" used often on CE, however, so no doubt you will receive a round of applause here.
No, you're wrong simply because you're wrong. Which apparently upsets you greatly if you need to resort to insults like this. Do you need to go get a hug from metro or tomgirl or something to feel better?
post #85 of 871
Had a Keurig for a couple of years. Use diminished to a trickle. Got rid of it. Have a Citiz for the last couple. Enjoy it very much. Use it all the time.

+1 on both counts, and everything else in between.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Wow wrong on so many levels...

Only here would an espresso be considered an exercise in molecular chemistry or a luxury item. Where I'm from, it's as basic as tap water. I can guarantee you that my corner cafe in Paris doesn't measure the ground coffee in grams, nor does he have a clue where the beans were grown or roasted. It's just a cup of coffee - with the right beans/blend and a decent machine, it should be fine. Which is why nespresso has been so fantastically successful - it's aimed to all the people who care about a good cup of coffee and it's convenience. I've used it for more than 15 years, it's far from a novelty or anything new.

Never understood the coffee geeks - they care about the process and ingredients far more than the end product. I would say that a vast majority of espresso I tasted that were made by geeks or their affiliated snub coffee stores were between terrible and acceptable. Very rarely better than a nespresso, even if they'd deny it.

What I find truly telling and much more relevant is what coffee people who like good food choose (people with a developed taste). I get better coffee at Jean-Georges or Corton than at any of the stupid hipster nerd espresso bars. That's because they aim to serve things that taste good. Corton (and many other high end restaurants) use Nespresso by the way.

And then there's keurig - that's just disgusting, coffee-flavored dirty dishwasher water. But then again, that's how I feel about most brewed coffee...
post #86 of 871
Who knew that a little query about something called the Coffee Duck could cause such a stir. All I know is I'm a coffee fiend that likes my Peet's and wish I could combine it with the convenience of my Nespresso. BTW, WTF is wrong with ? I've owned a can for 20 years - it's been sitting next to the similarly vintaged unwrapped Twinkie that still looks and feels as fresh as one made yesterday.
post #87 of 871
Just purchased a Citiz (in red). Works as advertised. Love the zero mess and little clean up. Convenience is wonderful. Coffee is very good, too (non expert, here). Milk frother accessory is great.

Need some really nice espresso and cap/latte glasses. Ideas? Thx.
post #88 of 871
Don't get the shit that Nespresso sells. Its absolute crap.
post #89 of 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophilia View Post
Need some really nice espresso and cap/latte glasses. Ideas? Thx.

For demitasse (the little cups used for espresso shots), you can do far worse than Illy. Some people believe the shape of the cup, especially the bottom of the inside, can affect the taste of an espresso, so it's worth getting a proper cup.

--Andre
post #90 of 871
thx for the suggestions. In NYC for a week, so I'll have a good nose around.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Nespresso Club