or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Nespresso Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nespresso Club - Page 45

post #661 of 870
man, their redemption methods for this $100 credit from the holidays is pretty archaic.

"it won't show up in your invoice or on your CC pre-auth, but we'll fix it in a few days". foo.gif

ordered the linzio lungo...not a fan of the lungos but I'll give it a shot.
post #662 of 870
Man, my credit just came through and I submitted it right after Christmas. It lends a real Italian flair to the enterprise.

As an aside, I was just in London and stopped by their boutique on Regent Street and they had all sorts of little chocolates and snack like items to accompany a coffee. Has anyone tried them? I regret not picking something up and you can't seem to order them online.
post #663 of 870

I've tried the chocolate at a Nespresso boutique.  It's quite good, but too expensive in my opinion.

post #664 of 870

I've had the chocolate they give out with the free espresso at the boutiques, but I didn't realize it was actually available to buy. It tasted pretty good to me, although if I were buying chocolate, the Nespresso boutique certainly wouldn't be the first place I'd go.

post #665 of 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox View Post

I've had the chocolate they give out with the free espresso at the boutiques, but I didn't realize it was actually available to buy. It tasted pretty good to me, although if I were buying chocolate, the Nespresso boutique certainly wouldn't be the first place I'd go.

Soma is fantastic btw.

post #666 of 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by dufferin1 View Post

Soma is fantastic btw.

Funny you should say that, Soma is exactly what I was thinking about. I bought some valentines day chocolate there for my fiancee. They always have really good stuff.

post #667 of 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox View Post

Funny you should say that, Soma is exactly what I was thinking about. I bought some valentines day chocolate there for my fiancee. They always have really good stuff.

Love Soma. I actually was studying in Barrie a couple months ago and ordered some. Expensive yes, but very delicious. The chocolate just tastes 'pure' and not so overly chemicalized.

 

Balzac is also very good although they are not really all about chocolate.

post #668 of 870
i really enjoyed the "Linizio Lungo"
post #669 of 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by dufferin1 View Post

Love Soma. I actually was studying in Barrie a couple months ago and ordered some. Expensive yes, but very delicious. The chocolate just tastes 'pure' and not so overly chemicalized.

 

Balzac is also very good although they are not really all about chocolate.

Speaking of coffee and Toronto-made consumables, the Mill Street Coffee Porter uses Balzac's coffee in it. I'm personally a fan (especially on a cold winter's night), but other's MMV.

post #670 of 870
bought more linizio lungos the other day... totally enjoying those
post #671 of 870
Decided to descale the machine. Everybody in my office hates me now. I think I have ran about 30 tanks of water through it. Still tastes like poison. What a pain.
post #672 of 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Decided to descale the machine. Everybody in my office hates me now. I think I have ran about 30 tanks of water through it. Still tastes like poison. What a pain.

how much water do you need to run through it?

see http://www.nespresso.com/fileadmin/shared/_img/manuals/C100_Zone1_EN.pdf
post #673 of 870
I have run about 20 tanks of water through and I still taste the chemicals.
post #674 of 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I have run about 20 tanks of water through and I still taste the chemicals.

new machine time
post #675 of 870
Maybe. I am up to about 50 tanks. Still there. A coworker had a good idea. Nespresso should make the machine so it can be disassembled and scrubbed. Maybe I could do this?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Nespresso Club