or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Nespresso Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nespresso Club - Page 42

post #616 of 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsstillmatt View Post

The term "third wave espresso" makes me want to have my eyes fucked out by a raccoon.
Hater
post #617 of 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Y View Post

Is it me or does the grind size of the yellow capsule's contents look bigger?

They claim that they adjust the grind size of certain pods differently depending on the roast and characteristics they are trying to achieve.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsstillmatt View Post

The term "third wave espresso" makes me want to have my eyes fucked out by a raccoon.

Just think if b1os comments on how much nespresso sucks again, I get naked and start yelling about third wave espresso. I think the Rapture might then occur.
post #618 of 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsstillmatt View Post

The term "third wave espresso" makes me want to have my eyes fucked out by a raccoon.

This is why I don't mess with racoons.
post #619 of 850

If "first wave" was, umm... just a regular coffee.

And "second wave" was "holy shit, we can add some frothy milk to coffee and charge 5 times as much."

And "third wave" is "holy holy shit, do you know how expensive milk is? Screw that, drop the milk and just print the name of some guy's farm on the bag. We can charge whatever we want!"

What can we expect from "fourth wave"? Grow your own beans?

 

lefty

post #620 of 850
I am sure some hipster is Brooklyn is attempting to do this already.
post #621 of 850
double poast
post #622 of 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I am sure some hipster is Brooklyn is attempting to do this already.

 

Where do you live again?

 

lefty

post #623 of 850
plain.gif
post #624 of 850
The yield of a coffee tree is pretty small, the best beans are produced only in certain kinds of terrain and weather along with specific farming needs, and you will still need to mill the beans after you harvest the cherries, so growing your own is pretty damned hard. As an experiment, Thom from Sweet Maria's did this a while ago and documented it all. I think his tree yielded enough to make 1 cup of coffee after a year, and it apparently tasted terrible.

http://www.sweetmarias.com/growingcoffee/Growing_Coffee_at_Home.html

1st wave: Folgers, and other supermarket coffee, etc. Coffee as a caffeine-delivery vehicle.
2nd wave: Starbucks & Peets. Coffee is a thing in and of itself.
3rd wave: depends on who you ask, but it's basically an awareness of the entire process of growing a tree all the way to your cup.
post #625 of 850
Third wave is viewing coffee as an artisanal foodstuff like wine rather than strictly a commodity.
post #626 of 850

Christ I've come to hate the word "artisanal".

 

lefty

post #627 of 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsstillmatt View Post

The term "third wave espresso" makes me want to have my eyes fucked out by a raccoon.

 

 laugh.gif

post #628 of 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post

If "first wave" was, umm... just a regular coffee.
And "second wave" was "holy shit, we can add some frothy milk to coffee and charge 5 times as much."
And "third wave" is "holy holy shit, do you know how expensive milk is? Screw that, drop the milk and just print the name of some guy's farm on the bag. We can charge whatever we want!"
What can we expect from "fourth wave"? Grow your own beans?


lefty

This would be house made, right?
post #629 of 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Third wave is viewing coffee as an artisanal foodstuff like wine rather than strictly a commodity.

The term cupping is bad enough when it isn't referring to my balls being gently held, but come on!
post #630 of 850
0023ae99e0150c003d82023.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Nespresso Club