or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Nespresso Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nespresso Club - Page 41

post #601 of 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1os View Post

I'm getting at that just because one doesn't like lungos from Nespresso doesn't mean one doesn't like lungos at all. Simply because you can't adjust anything. That's all.

I don't make lungi either. I hardly ever drink Americani either. It's either doppio ristretti (doppie ristretti? doppi ristretti? espressi doppio ristretto? tongue.gif) or cappucci.

It strikes me that you are still trolling this thread. Your point, that Nespresso machines produce inferior coffee for the many reasons you cite, is well known and documented. That does not, however, seem to stop you from continually trying to make it in different ways. So I guess what I don't understand is why you keep pushing you agenda in the thread that seems to be completely disinterested with it?
post #602 of 912
^Very true.
post #603 of 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by ama View Post

It strikes me that you are still trolling this thread. Your point, that Nespresso machines produce inferior coffee for the many reasons you cite, is well known and documented. That does not, however, seem to stop you from continually trying to make it in different ways. So I guess what I don't understand is why you keep pushing you agenda in the thread that seems to be completely disinterested with it?
I think you're missing the point. I was trying to help, in case you didn't notice. I have read from pretty much everyone here that they dislike the lungo capsules. I was just adding that just because someone only ever had a lungo from a Nespresso machine doens't mean that they shouldn't ever give them a second chance at a coffee shop or something, they may actually like it -- especially because lungi are difficult to make and you can adjust much more parameters than for a regular shot. Why aren't you telling the people saying the lungos suck that this is how Nespresso intends it to be and therefore they should shut the f up?
Yes, I have stated my opinion about Nespresso. No, I have never said that I dislike Nespresso. I have said that I am willing to invest a lot of time and energy in pulling my own shots and that I am more happy with the results. I didn't say that Nespresso was bad; I actually said it's good for people who don't want to invest a lot of time and energy. Tastes differ and I totally understand why someone would choose Nespresso over a semi-automatic machine. Sorry if my comments annoy you that much and the slightest comments regarding the limits of the machine (which probably make their way in my posts every now and then, sorry for that, I'll try harder not to) are almost interpreted as personal insults.
Above all, it was you who asked for a reason why I tried to add something to your point that lungi have to suck per se because of over extraction, to which you added that they always taste bad -- which is quite an ignorant generalization, if I may say so --, etc.

BTW, PB, wasn't it you who recently asked lefty whether he could install a "real machine"? wink.gif
post #604 of 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

do you make americanos from 2 shots aka pull 2 longos with 2 pods or do a longo on 1 pod?

one or two regular shots and add hot water. i don't like the way the ristretto shots taste on the lungo setting.
post #605 of 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1os View Post

I think you're missing the point. I was trying to help, in case you didn't notice. I have read from pretty much everyone here that they dislike the lungo capsules. I was just adding that just because someone only ever had a lungo from a Nespresso machine doens't mean that they shouldn't ever give them a second chance at a coffee shop or something, they may actually like it -- especially because lungi are difficult to make and you can adjust much more parameters than for a regular shot. Why aren't you telling the people saying the lungos suck that this is how Nespresso intends it to be and therefore they should shut the f up?
Yes, I have stated my opinion about Nespresso. No, I have never said that I dislike Nespresso. I have said that I am willing to invest a lot of time and energy in pulling my own shots and that I am more happy with the results. I didn't say that Nespresso was bad; I actually said it's good for people who don't want to invest a lot of time and energy. Tastes differ and I totally understand why someone would choose Nespresso over a semi-automatic machine. Sorry if my comments annoy you that much and the slightest comments regarding the limits of the machine (which probably make their way in my posts every now and then, sorry for that, I'll try harder not to) are almost interpreted as personal insults.
Above all, it was you who asked for a reason why I tried to add something to your point that lungi have to suck per se because of over extraction, to which you added that they always taste bad -- which is quite an ignorant generalization, if I may say so --, etc.

BTW, PB, wasn't it you who recently asked lefty whether he could install a "real machine"? wink.gif

Then you go and do this as well, a long winded response with a narrow rationalization as to why everybody else's perception of your comment is wrong . This isn't the first time. I like you, man but you have done this before in here. You prefer third wave espresso, great, so does a lot of us, but we don't need insinuations as to the lack of calibration oi Nespresso machines. It is noted, it is accepted, and it is even preferred by many. Comparing "normal" espresso to nespresso doesn't even come into play here. If lungo capsules are made to go with the machines to taste a certain way, then lungos suck because they are tasting the way nespresso wants them to taste. This wouldn't be the case with normal espresso.

FWIW, I don't think everybody dislikes lungos because there is too little coffee. Even if you pull them at regular espresso length they still suck. I think it could be other factors, roasting, blend etc.
post #606 of 912
Well, sorry then, since the topic lungo seemed an already accepted lost cause (see #586 where I try to help without being partial; after which ama brings overextraction into play to which I responded with a different POV, more like a side discussion). I didn't realize that it would cause another discussion, though I probably should have guessed, and I certainly didn't plan to defend myself just because I have a different opinion to ama's.

Anyway, I once again will try to refrain from any comments regarding preperation methods outside the Nespresso world and will try to focuse on giving advice, if needed, to preperation techniques and such.
post #607 of 912
If you do bring up nespresso's inferiority again I will be forced to poast n00dz.
post #608 of 912
Well, in that case... devil.gif
post #609 of 912
Hey b1os, I was wondering what's your opinion on these Nespresso machines? I am considering purchasing one.
post #610 of 912
Can you sync it with your iPhone? tongue.gif
post #611 of 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

As a reward, enjoy this slide show:
http://www.slideshare.net/larskflem/the-inside-of-nespresso-capsules

Is it me or does the grind size of the yellow capsule's contents look bigger?
post #612 of 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1os View Post

Can you sync it with your iPhone? tongue.gif

Would be an instakop. bounce2.gif
post #613 of 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

You prefer third wave espresso, great, so does a lot of us, but we don't need insinuations as to the lack of calibration oi Nespresso machines. It is noted, it is accepted, and it is even preferred by many. Comparing "normal" espresso to nespresso doesn't even come into play here.

This is what I was pointing out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1os View Post

Well, sorry then, since the topic lungo seemed an already accepted lost cause (see #586 where I try to help without being partial; after which ama brings overextraction into play to which I responded with a different POV, more like a side discussion). I didn't realize that it would cause another discussion, though I probably should have guessed, and I certainly didn't plan to defend myself just because I have a different opinion to ama's.

Anyway, I once again will try to refrain from any comments regarding preperation methods outside the Nespresso world and will try to focuse on giving advice, if needed, to preperation techniques and such.

I'm not looking to start an e-war with you and I never attacked you personally. I merely pointed out that you belabor a lot of the same points and that seem counterproductive to the point of this thread. My comments had nothing to do with lungos.
post #614 of 912
My comments had to do with lungo's, how they all suck, very much like this current conversation. so how about we all get back to talking about our stupidly overpriced coffee capsules now and shut the fuck up with the rest of this?
post #615 of 912
The term "third wave espresso" makes me want to have my eyes fucked out by a raccoon.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Nespresso Club