or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Nespresso Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nespresso Club - Page 2

post #16 of 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post
Loving coffee without being a drip article. From a man with infinitely more food credibility than everybody on this forum (with one notable exception. Not KWilk).
Interesting alternate take on restaurant coffee from Chris Young, one of the authors of Modernist Cuisine (anyone getting this monster of a book?): http://eater.com/archives/2010/12/08...-damn-long.php
Quote:
Because so often, even at the very best restaurants in the world, coffee is a total afterthought. [Co-author] Nathan [Myhrvold] likes to say the coffee in the average three star restaurant wouldn't be up to the standards of the average street cart in Seattle, and I think he's right about that. ... In my experience, the restaurants that really do a great job with coffee and really take it seriously may be totally unremarkable in every other respect. It might be a really good restaurant, it could be a great neighborhood restaurant. It isn't expensive or particularly difficult to do great coffee, you just have to make the decision that you're going to do so and really make the effort.
--Andre
post #17 of 868
Why buy an espresso machine that can only brew overpriced freeze dried shit or relabeled folgers?
post #18 of 868
As a coffee fanatic I had to trythis place. I couldn't believe how overpriced everything was and when I saw them put a pod in a machine I almost laughed. It tasted exactly like what it was. I cannot believe this place is serious. Just go to Gimme Coffee on Mott street and have a real cup.
post #19 of 868
The level of FAIL in this thread is strong
post #20 of 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
The level of FAIL in this thread is strong

considering the degree to which opinions are split, I suppose your point might stand, but it's entirely unclear one which side of the question you fall.
post #21 of 868
It is the difference between making love to a gorgeous woman and sticking your schmuck in a glory hole at the truck stop off Route 80.
post #22 of 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
considering the degree to which opinions are split, I suppose your point might stand, but it's entirely unclear one which side of the question you fall.
He's pro-Nespresso, as am I, so I have to assume it falls on the side of FAIL = (Nespresso = Folgers)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
The level of FAIL in this thread is strong
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazerac View Post
It is the difference between making love to a gorgeous woman and sticking your schmuck in a glory hole at the truck stop off Route 80.
You call your cock a schmuck? You're never going to make love to a gorgeous woman with that kind of attitude.
post #23 of 868
having someone clean the mess in my mini espresso machine and coffee grinder at work is one of top reasons I'm still here at this job.
post #24 of 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
You call your cock a schmuck? You're never going to make love to a gorgeous woman with that kind of attitude.

Schmuck is a Yiddish slang term for penis.
post #25 of 868
No doubt it is a successful product and will remain so for many years to come. Nestle has spent far too much money to allow it to disappear. However, it is simply the modern substitute for instant coffee (Nescafe et al) and not a real coffee.
post #26 of 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
The level of FAIL in this thread is strong

Agree.
post #27 of 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
The level of FAIL in this thread is strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ama View Post
Agree.

after the last few posts, a definite +3
post #28 of 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazerac View Post
Schmuck is a Yiddish slang term for penis.
post #29 of 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post
after the last few posts, a definite +3
What? You work for Nestle?
post #30 of 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessis View Post
What? You work for Nestle?

Way to reach the most obvious conclusion on that one.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Nespresso Club