or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Normal for denim to become "fuzzy"?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Normal for denim to become "fuzzy"?

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 
This is only day 4 of a new pair of dry denim and already i'm getting "fuzz" all over the jean. It looks like tiny, tiny dog hairs all over it. I didnt think this was normal, but I did experience it with my 501 STFs. However, these are much nicer jeans (RRL), so I expected better.

Should I be worried or concerned?
post #2 of 21
no
post #3 of 21
Most one wash denim comes pre-fuzzy. If you put your jeans in the dryer it also makes them fuzzy. I don't know if that's what's going on with your jeans though.
post #4 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbu
This is only day 4 of a new pair of dry denim and already i'm getting "fuzz" all over the jean. It looks like tiny, tiny dog hairs all over it. I didnt think this was normal, but I did experience it with my 501 STFs. However, these are much nicer jeans (RRL), so I expected better.

Should I be worried or concerned?

My RRL did the exact same thing
post #5 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalogre
My RRL did the exact same thing
How did they look over time?
post #6 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000dB
Most one wash denim comes pre-fuzzy. If you put your jeans in the dryer it also makes them fuzzy. I don't know if that's what's going on with your jeans though.
these arent one washes though. i didnt even soak them (since they are sanforized)
post #7 of 21
the fuzz wears off when they get worn in. some jeans are singed at the factory to remove the fuzz. Nudie is an example of such a practice.
post #8 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian SD
the fuzz wears off when they get worn in. some jeans are singed at the factory to remove the fuzz. Nudie is an example of such a practice.


obviously, i'm a denim noob. thanks for the info
post #9 of 21
id say its a sign of good long staple cotton. it will go away.
post #10 of 21
i find that a wash brings back the fuzzies i like my denim hairy
post #11 of 21
Same here. I like my denim feeling like a shag carpet.
post #12 of 21
i think its kind of like twisted seams... until you have jeans that do it, you think somethings wrong, but after you have some you think somethings wrong if you dont see it. smooth denim with straight seams make me feel weird.
post #13 of 21
i think that twisted seem's what's going on with my rrds. i was thinking i was deformed or something.
post #14 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
i find that a wash brings back the fuzzies i like my denim hairy
Yea, for the first couple washes.. but it still goes away when the denim gets really beat up. My 5EPs were uber hairy for months 2-5 or so but after they had faded to maybe 20% at the lowest and 85% at the highest, they were only hairy in some of the regions that see very little abrasion (such as around the shins).
post #15 of 21
my one become hairy because of abrasion............
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Normal for denim to become "fuzzy"?