or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Chicago Holiday Hotel Lobby Bar Crawl - Saturday, December 18th
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chicago Holiday Hotel Lobby Bar Crawl - Saturday, December 18th - Page 5

post #61 of 68
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
Shoulda seen it after Lou left. Night got wild.

Damn, I wish I hadn't quit so soon. Did you get in trouble with the girls, K?
post #62 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by ld111134 View Post
Damn, I wish I hadn't quit so soon. Did you get in trouble with the girls, K?
No, the girls got kinda weird. They were being cool and then they got into an argument with Ron about which direction was North. We went out to the usual spot, and then I witnessed something amazing. Something truly amazing. We're kinda drunk and we go into this packed ass gyros joint. Ron is such a celeb in his goddamned neighborhood that he walks straight to the front of the line and less than 2 minutes from entering the building, we are walking down the street with gyros. My jaw hit the floor man.
post #63 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
No, the girls got kinda weird. They were being cool and then they got into an argument with Ron about which direction was North. We went out to the usual spot, and then I witnessed something amazing. Something truly amazing. We're kinda drunk and we go into this packed ass gyros joint. Ron is such a celeb in his goddamned neighborhood that he walks straight to the front of the line and less than 2 minutes from entering the building, we are walking down the street with gyros. My jaw hit the floor man.
That was your definition of "wild"? Edit - and why is Ron a celebrity?
post #64 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
That was your definition of "wild"?

Edit - and why is Ron a celebrity?

Cause he's lived there a long time. Every time we hang out in his neighborhood, everybody at every business knows him by name. It's crazy.
post #65 of 68
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
No, the girls got kinda weird. They were being cool and then they got into an argument with Ron about which direction was North.

We went out to the usual spot, and then I witnessed something amazing. Something truly amazing. We're kinda drunk and we go into this packed ass gyros joint. Ron is such a celeb in his goddamned neighborhood that he walks straight to the front of the line and less than 2 minutes from entering the building, we are walking down the street with gyros. My jaw hit the floor man.

It must have been Five Faces on Division Street, between State and Dearborn, my old hood.
post #66 of 68
You know it Lou
post #67 of 68
I'm definitely going to try and make this next year.
post #68 of 68
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
You know it Lou

Ah for the good old days when I was a semi-VIP at P.J. Clarke's...back when it was a great local hangout, especially on Thursdays and the barkeeps made scads in tips. Now it's just "meh".
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Chicago Holiday Hotel Lobby Bar Crawl - Saturday, December 18th