Related Forum Threads
- John Lobb London Last post on 7/26/12 at 12:55pm in Classic Menswear
- positive b. nelson experiences Last post on 7/15/12 at 4:46am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Laces - 40 Colors & Styles (with 8 New Colors!) Last post on 4/25/11 at 2:08am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 12/4/15 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: Flat Dress Shoe Laces 28.5" L x .25" W (approx.) - Lightly Waxed Last post on 12/11/14 at 6:27pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Polish Your Shoes - Page 2
Styleforum Top Picks
You can get rolls of cotton flannel in different widths, including 1 or 2", it is a tube, often referred to as stockinette, used in a lot of medical industries.
But if you buy as a roll, you pull off a few inches, snip and insert fingers.
Yes and whilst I don't worry about it I try to avoid cross coloring where possible.
Surprised Lear has chimed in yet as the SF shoe shine supremo
Can you just use shoe cream and buff till shine without wax?
Cream doesn't shine up as much. I'm not sure if it protects as well, or covers scuffs as well. On the other hand, I find it easier for applying actual colour when required. When I only shined my shoes when they looked like hell, I found cream better, now that I'm doing it regularly, I only use cream occasionally, and am mainly using wax.
From what I read, Yuya Hasegawa use 3 type of Brush (Horsehair for Cleaning, Pig Bristle for Cream Polish applicator & brushing then Goat Hair for final Wax brushing) & 2 type of Cloth (The white one & the red but the material still unknown to the public). Distinguish the Brush is quite simple from what we hear too, the pig bristle which is coarser than horsehair sounds more 'crispy' & the Goat hair which is the softest from all brush will sound 'Soft' almost like it not brushing the shoe Of course the horsehair is the most neutral sounding to Us. Cheers
- Polish Your Shoes
- › Burgundy appreciation and discussion thread 20 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 46 seconds ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 1 minute ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 1 minute ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 2 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 2 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Finding affordable menswear? (chicago) 3 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 3 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...