Related Forum Threads
- John Lobb London Last post on 7/26/12 at 12:55pm in Classic Menswear
- positive b. nelson experiences Last post on 7/15/12 at 4:46am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Laces - 40 Colors & Styles (with 8 New Colors!) Last post on 4/25/11 at 2:08am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 9/20/16 at 6:35am in Classic Menswear
- FS: Flat Dress Shoe Laces 28.5" L x .25" W (approx.) - Lightly Waxed Last post on 12/11/14 at 6:27pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Polish Your Shoes - Page 2
You can get rolls of cotton flannel in different widths, including 1 or 2", it is a tube, often referred to as stockinette, used in a lot of medical industries.
But if you buy as a roll, you pull off a few inches, snip and insert fingers.
Yes and whilst I don't worry about it I try to avoid cross coloring where possible.
Surprised Lear has chimed in yet as the SF shoe shine supremo
Can you just use shoe cream and buff till shine without wax?
Cream doesn't shine up as much. I'm not sure if it protects as well, or covers scuffs as well. On the other hand, I find it easier for applying actual colour when required. When I only shined my shoes when they looked like hell, I found cream better, now that I'm doing it regularly, I only use cream occasionally, and am mainly using wax.
From what I read, Yuya Hasegawa use 3 type of Brush (Horsehair for Cleaning, Pig Bristle for Cream Polish applicator & brushing then Goat Hair for final Wax brushing) & 2 type of Cloth (The white one & the red but the material still unknown to the public). Distinguish the Brush is quite simple from what we hear too, the pig bristle which is coarser than horsehair sounds more 'crispy' & the Goat hair which is the softest from all brush will sound 'Soft' almost like it not brushing the shoe Of course the horsehair is the most neutral sounding to Us. Cheers
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › 2016 MLB Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › RL Black Label to merge with Purple Label 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 5 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 7 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 7 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...