or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Top Chef All Stars
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Top Chef All Stars - Page 13

post #181 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
The Richard/Fabio bromance is hilarious!

The right people definitely went home... and the Gangstah Marcel is quality. But he was right... Dale should not have won last week.. but it's a game, and he played well, so.. good on him.

To be honest, I never get this. Time again people go home because they were trying to do the challenge correctly at the expense of the judges.

At the end of the day worry about the judges and win.
post #182 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip1978 View Post
To be honest, I never get this. Time again people go home because they were trying to do the challenge correctly at the expense of the judges. At the end of the day worry about the judges and win.
There are challenges where the diners fill out cards (like Restaurant Wars - which should be coming up, no?) . And there are challenges where the diners are backdrop. If the latter, you should be pandering to the judges. If they cared about the diners, they would count their opinions. I think in this challenge, the purpose of the diners was to require a higher yield from the fishing trip.
post #183 of 632
I love how Padma and Gail were plugging Water Taxi Beach in LIC so hard.

Padma: Wow, this place is so great! Look at the view of Manhattan.

Gail: Yeah, it's wonderful. I've been to a few parties here before.
post #184 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
There are challenges where the diners fill out cards (like Restaurant Wars - which should be coming up, no?) .

And there are challenges where the diners are backdrop.

If the latter, you should be pandering to the judges. If they cared about the diners, they would count their opinions.

I think in this challenge, the purpose of the diners was to require a higher yield from the fishing trip.

The challenges where they are graded are far and few between. So I see no point to doing it at the expense of winning.
post #185 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
What edge

He cowered like a little bitch when Fabio sat across the table from him.

Thraz; Bourdain is the culinary equivalent of Andre Rieu.
post #186 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
There are challenges where the diners fill out cards (like Restaurant Wars - which should be coming up, no?)

Yup, next week.
post #187 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquisMagic View Post
Yup, next week.

And I believe KDubs' favorite chef is one of the guest judges.
post #188 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roikins View Post
And I believe KDubs' favorite chef is one of the guest judges.

Haha, fuckin' Ludo.
post #189 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roikins View Post
And I believe KDubs' favorite chef is one of the guest judges.

Goddamnit. When I told you to start posting again, I didn't mean this shit.
post #190 of 632
Marcel.......no words.....
post #191 of 632
I absolutely loved how the judges would rip on something, then they'd pan to the table of Trixies that were talking about how awesome the foam was and the dry ice. It's sad how Marcel could not see his lack of leadership... "you can only ask someone to do something so many times... if they won't listen.. what do you do?" He will learn to lead as he gets older, I hope. I'm sure he's not such a bad guy...
post #192 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
Goddamnit. When I told you to start posting again, I didn't mean this shit.

I take it that the comments above re: Ludo were in jest?

I had a memorably disappointing dinner at LudoBites @ the Breadbar in L.A. The bread was great; everything else tasted like wedding reception food.
post #193 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
I'm sure he's not such a bad guy...

I really think he is. If you saved him from a grease fire, he'd find a way to yell at you for ruining the aroma of his foam.
post #194 of 632
Best episode of the season. I would have liked to seen Fabio win the challenge for doing a great job as FOH and turning out a great dessert as well.
post #195 of 632
angelo <3 crudos
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Top Chef All Stars