or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Top Chef All Stars
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Top Chef All Stars - Page 2

post #16 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
Sort of pointlessly dickish.

I mean he is great and all but imagine if he had to face that line-up rather than a typical season with a good helping of third-raters. How does he know he would have won?

Not very nice to his brother either.

Yeah, what an ass. Of the best contestants in the Vegas season (him, his brother, Jennifer, and Kevin), he was by far the worst personality-wise.
post #17 of 632
Good to know it wasn't just in the editing.
post #18 of 632
i think he just chose his words poorly. he posted later about how he didn't mean to disrespect the contestants but was just responding to questions about why he wasn't participating.
post #19 of 632
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToruOkada View Post
i think he just chose his words poorly. he posted later about how he didn't mean to disrespect the contestants but was just responding to questions about why he wasn't participating.

Why would there be a question about why he wasn't participating? The whole premise of the show is "people who came close but didn't win."
post #20 of 632
I think Angelo and Richard (or as I always think of him, fauxhawk guy) are the frontrunners. Angelo's cooking probably appeals to me the most. I was happy to see him win the first challenge. I was hoping Kevin and Stefan would be around since both were great chefs and were a lot of fun to watch. Didn't watch Elia's season so this was basically my first introduction to her. Real cute. Sad she's out already.
post #21 of 632
She's a snobbish little bitch. "Don't eliminate me. I mean it. Bla bla bla." The look Tom and Gail had were priceless.
post #22 of 632
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post
She's a snobbish little bitch. "Don't eliminate me. I mean it. Bla bla bla." The look Tom and Gail had were priceless.

I didn't take it that way. I thought it was more of plea.

Tom and Gail have asked other contestants before "Why shouldn't we eliminate you?" a question is elicits a similar plea.
post #23 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck View Post
I think Angelo and Richard (or as I always think of him, fauxhawk guy) are the frontrunners. Angelo's cooking probably appeals to me the most. I was happy to see him win the first challenge. I was hoping Kevin and Stefan would be around since both were great chefs and were a lot of fun to watch. Didn't watch Elia's season so this was basically my first introduction to her. Real cute. Sad she's out already.

That dude is one of my former Chefs. He's the kind of Chef that will take a walk in and throw them to the wolves just to see what they're made of. He'll give anyone a chance in his kitchens.

I didn't even know he was on Top Chef, because I never heard him talk about it or BOH. Can't speak for FOH, but BOH is loyal as fuck to him. He truly is loved by his crews.
post #24 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
Why would there be a question about why he wasn't participating? The whole premise of the show is "people who came close but didn't win."
because some ppl are idiots?

but also i think that's what he was talking about with the whole bit about how it should have been called "top chef runner-ups". top chef all stars doesn't make it that clear that its people who came close but didn't win.
post #25 of 632
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto View Post
I didn't even know he was on Top Chef, because I never heard him talk about it or BOH. Can't speak for FOH, but BOH is loyal as fuck to him. He truly is loved by his crews.

???
post #26 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
???

I would assume "Back of House" and "Front of House".
post #27 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
???



Back of the house

Front of the house
post #28 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
I still love her.

For the first half of her season, I thought she was the strongest competitor - then she broke down under the pressure, I guess.

Plus she worked for Eric Ripert, who's my favorite celebrity chef.
post #29 of 632
It's funny because Stefan got kind of a reputation as a dick during his season. He seemed a little arrogant initially. But over the course of the show it seemed more and more that he wasn't really being arrogant as much as that he didn't bullshit and didn't soften his opinions. Some friends of mine saw a bunch of the top chef contestants speak somewhere and they told me he seemed to be the coolest guy of the group. Whatever his personality, his food always looked good. Guy had skillz...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto View Post
That dude is one of my former Chefs. He's the kind of Chef that will take a walk in and throw them to the wolves just to see what they're made of. He'll give anyone a chance in his kitchens.

I didn't even know he was on Top Chef, because I never heard him talk about it or BOH. Can't speak for FOH, but BOH is loyal as fuck to him. He truly is loved by his crews.
post #30 of 632
I would like to see a season with these people. Harold Sam Hung Michael V. Brian V. Kevin Kevin Angelo Stefan Richard Dale Stephanie
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Top Chef All Stars